Professor Rui Zhang
- Big Data, Database systems, management of data and information, data mining, data analysis, cloud computing (big data, cloud computing, Algorithms and data structures, sequence databases, spatial and temporal databases)
Rui Zhang is an Associate Professor and Reader in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne. He is an Australian Research Council Future Fellow (http://www.arc.gov.au/ncgp/futurefel/future_default.htm). He is also the Assistant Dean (Collaboration), Melbourne School of Engineering.
He obtained his Bachelor Degree from Tsinghua University and PhD from National University of Singapore. He has been a visiting scientist at AT&T labs-research New Jersey, Microsoft Research Redmond, and Microsoft Research Asia.
His research interest includes big data, cloud computing, database, data mining and information management in general, particularly in areas of indexing techniques, moving object management, web services, data streams and sequence databases.
If you are looking for a PhD supervisor, please visit my personal website (http://www.ruizhang.info) before sending me an email.
- Aljubayrin S, Qi J, Jensen CS, Zhang R, He Z, Li Y. Finding lowest-cost paths in settings with safe and preferred zones. VLDB Journal. Springer. 2017.
- Sun Y, Yuan NJ, Wang Y, Xie X, McDonald K, Zhang R. Contextual intent tracking for personal assistants. Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. 2016, Vol. 13-17-August-2016.
- Aljubayrin S, Yang B, Jensen CS, Zhang R. Finding Non-dominated Paths in Uncertain Road Networks. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsam S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G.
- Li C, Gu Y, Qi J, Yu G, Zhang R, Deng Q. INSQ: An Influential Neighbor Set Based Moving kNN Query Processing System. 2016 32ND IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE). IEEE. 2016.
- Lin X, Gu Y, Zhang R, Fan J. Linking News and Tweets. 27th Australasian Database Conference (ADC). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9877. Editors: Cheema MA, Zhang W, Chang L.
- Guo W, Chen K, Feng H, Wu Y, Zhang R, Zheng W. MARS: Mobile Application Relaunching Speed-Up through Flash-Aware Page Swapping. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMPUTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 65, Issue 3.
- He J, Rubinstein B, Bailey J, Zhang R, Milligan S, Chan J. MOOCs meet measurement theory: A topic-modelling approach. 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). 2016.
- Sun Y, Zhang R, Xue AY, Qi J, Dut X. Reverse Nearest Neighbor Heat Maps: A Tool for Influence Exploration. 2016 32ND IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE). IEEE. 2016.
- Gu Y, Liu G, Qi J, Xu H, Yu G, Zhang R. The Moving K Diversified Nearest Neighbor Query. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON KNOWLEDGE AND DATA ENGINEERING. IEEE Computer Society. 2016, Vol. 28, Issue 10.
- Milligan S, He J, Bailey J, Zhang R, Rubinstein B. Validity: a framework for cross-disciplinary collaboration in mining indicators of learning from MOOC forums. 6th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016, Vol. 25-29-April-2016.
- Nguyen U, Karunasekera S, Kulik L, Tanin E, Zhang R, Zhang H, Xie H, Kotagiri R. A Randomized Path Routing Algorithm for Decentralized Route Allocation in Transportation Networks. 8th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science (IWCTS). 2015.
- Li C, Gu Y, Qi J, Zhang R, Yu G. A safe region based approach to moving KNN queries in obstructed space. KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer London. 2015, Vol. 45, Issue 2.
- Chen J, Huang J, Wen Z, He Z, Taylor K, Zhang R. Analysis and evaluation of the top-k most influential location selection query. KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer London. 2015, Vol. 43, Issue 1.
- Yang L, Xue Y, Li Y, Zhang R. Destination Prediction by Identifying and Clustering Prominent Features from Public Trajectory Datasets. EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems. ICST. 2015, Vol. 2, Issue 5.
- Thi N, He Z, Zhang R, Ward PGD. Exploiting velocity distribution skew to speed up moving object indexing. INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Pergamon. 2015, Vol. 51.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile