- Spatio-temporal data mining (Heritage Informatics)
Having completed an undergraduate degree in Middle Eastern Archaeology at the University of Melbourne I went on to complete post graduate study in Information Technology (IT). After working as a programmer/analyst for several years in industry I decided to apply IT to archaeological and cultural heritage research. For this I completed a PhD that applied a Geographical Information System (GIS) to analyse spatio-temporal data sets generated by archaeology and heritage professionals.
I continue to research data mining of spatio-temporal data sets for Heritage as well as emerging technologies that can be applied to preserve cultural heritage for future generations.
- Kurnia S, Constantinidis D, Parkes A, Tamm T, Seddon P. A preliminary testing of the strategic IT decision making model. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. Springer. 2017, Vol. 504. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-59111-7_57
- Seddon P, Constantinidis D, Tamm T, Dod H. How does business analytics contribute to business value?. INFORMATION SYSTEMS JOURNAL. Blackwell Science. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1111/isj.12101
- Kurnia S, Constantinidis D, Parkes AJ, Seddon P. Is there a prescription for strategic IT decisions?. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1057/s41266-016-0011-1
- Lederman R, Constantinidis D, Linden T, Corrin L, Pearce J, Smith M, Bailey J. Using a Traffic Light System to Provide Feedback to IS Masters Students. International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2017). AISel. 2017.
- Constantinidis D. Crowdsourcing culture: Challenges to change. Cultural Heritage in a Changing World. 2016. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-29544-2_13
- Constantinidis D. Proximity analysis of metaphysical Aegean ritual spaces during the bronze age. Aegaeum. 2016, Vol. 39.
- Constantinidis D. Review: A Test of Time and A Test of Time Revisited: The Volcano of Thera and the Chronology and History of the Aegean and East Mediterranean in the Mid-Second Millennium BC by Sturt W. Manning. Journal of Eastern Mediterranean Archaeology & Heritage Studies. Penn State University Press. 2016, Vol. Vol. 4, Issue No. 4. DOI: 10.5325/jeasmedarcherstu.4.4.0365
- Smith M, Lewi H, Constantinidis D, Stitt H. Directed looking and proximal content: Two concepts for designing mobile guides to historic urban places. Proceedings of the 26th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference, OzCHI 2014. 2014. DOI: 10.1145/2686612.2686675
- Constantinidis D. Physis and space: Aegean bronze age depictions and their architectural context. Aegaeum. 2014, Issue 37.
- Constantinidis D, Smith MW, Chang S, Lewi H, Saniga A, Sadar J. Designing Fieldwork with Mobile Devices for Students of the Urban Environment. 30th ascilite Conference. Macquarie University. 2013.
- Constantinidis D, Karali. Floral or Faunal? Determining Forces on Minoan and Mycenaean Jewellery Motif Selection with a GIS. KOSMOS JEWELLERY, ADORNMENT AND TEXTILES IN THE AEGEAN BRONZE AGE. Peeters. 2012.
- Seddon P, Constantinidis D, Dod H. How does business analytics contribute to business value?. 2012 International Conference on Information Systems. Association of Information Systems. 2012.
- Seddon P, Constantinidis D. Through what mechanisms does business analytics contribute to business value?. 16TH PACIFIC ASIA CONFERENCE ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Information Systems. 2012.
- Constantinidis D, Karali L. A PROPOSED SURVEY OF EAST MEDITERRANEAN MUREX HEAPS FROM THE BRONZE AGE TO ROMAN TIMES: A GIS ANALYSIS OF POSSIBLE TRADE NETWORKS. PURPUREAE VESTES III Textiles and Dyes in Antiquity. 2011.
- Constantinidis D. GIS for managing the analysis and protection of archaeological remains in the Willandra Lakes World Heritage Area. Archaeology in Oceania. Oceania Publications. 2009, Vol. 44.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile