Dr Greg Wadley
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Technology for Health and Wellbeing
Greg Wadley is a Lecturer in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne. He has studied the application of technology to health and wellbeing in areas such as youth mental health, adult mental health, social connectedness, smoking cessation, health screening, Asperger's syndrome, chronic pain, and climate change, and has authored papers on anthropology of drug use and research in sensitive settings.
He has conducted collaborative research with organizations including Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health, the Royal Childrens Hospital, the Australian Catholic University, and Quit Victoria, as well as the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences and Architecture, Building and Planning within the University of Melbourne.
- Santesteban-Echarri O, Rice S, Wadley G, Lederman R, D'Alfonso S, Russon P, Chambers R, Miles C, Gilbertson T, Gleeson J, McGorry P, Álvarez-JimÉnez M. A next-generation social media-based relapse prevention intervention for youth depression: Qualitative data on user experience outcomes for social networking, safety, and clinical benefit. Internet Interventions. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 9. DOI: 10.1016/j.invent.2017.06.002
- D'Alfonso S, Santesteban-Echarri O, Rice S, Wadley G, Lederman R, Miles C, Gleeson J, Alvarez M. Artificial Intelligence-Assisted Online Social Therapy for Youth Mental Health. FRONTIERS IN PSYCHOLOGY. Frontiers Research Foundation. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue JUN. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00796
- Webb M, Wadley G, Kauer S, Sanci L. CHECK UP GP: IMPLEMENTING A CO-DESIGNED HEALTH AND LIFESTYLE SCREENING APP TO IMPROVE PATIENT-CENTRED CARE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE IN PRIMARY CARE. JOURNAL OF ADOLESCENT HEALTH. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 60, Issue 2.
- Smith M, Wadley G, Daly JO, Webb M, Hughson J, Hajek J, Parker A, Woodward-Kron R, Story D. Designing an App for Pregnancy Care for a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Community. OzCHI 2017. The Association for Computing Machinery. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3152771.3152807
- Webb M, Wadley G, Sanci L. Improving Patient-Centered Care for Young People in General Practice With a Codesigned Screening App: Mixed Methods Study. JMIR MHEALTH AND UHEALTH. JMIR Publications. 2017, Vol. 5, Issue 8. DOI: 10.2196/mhealth.7816
- Gleeson J, Lederman R, Koval P, Wadley G, Bendall C, Cotton S, Herrman H, Crisp K, Alvarez M. Moderated Online Social Therapy: A Model for Reducing Stress in Carers of Young People Diagnosed with Mental Health Disorders. FRONTIERS IN PSYCHOLOGY. Frontiers Research Foundation. 2017, Vol. 8. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00485
- Davidson S, Wadley G, Reavley N, Gunn J, Fletcher S. Psychological distress and unmet mental health needs among urban taxi drivers: A cross-sectional survey.. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. Sage Publications. 2017. DOI: 10.1177/0004867417741556
- Smith M, Ploderer B, Wadley G, Webber S, Borland R. Trajectories of Engagement and Disengagement with a Story-Based Smoking Cessation App. ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI2017. 2017. Editors: Grinter R, Rodden T, Aoki P, Cutrell E, Jeffries R, Olson. DOI: 10.1145/3025453.3026054
- Wadley G. How psychoactive drugs shape human culture: A multi-disciplinary perspective. BRAIN RESEARCH BULLETIN. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 126. DOI: 10.1016/j.brainresbull.2016.04.008
- Rice S, Gleeson J, Davey C, Hetrick S, Parker A, Lederman R, Wadley G, Murray G, Herrman H, Chambers R, Russon P, Miles C, D'Alfonso S, Thurley M, Chinnery GL, Gilbertson T, Eleftheriadis D, Barlow E, Cagliarini D, Toh JW, McAlpine S, Koval P, Bendall C, Jansen JE, Hamilton M, McGorry P, Alvarez M. Moderated online social therapy for depression relapse prevention in young people: Pilot study of a 'next generation' online intervention. Early Intervention in Psychiatry. Blackwell Publishing Asia. 2016. DOI: 10.1111/eip.12354
- Wadley G. Mood-enhancing technology. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016. DOI: 10.1145/3010915.3010954
- Estrada Martinez De Alva F, Wadley G, Lederman R. 'It feels different from real life': Users' opinions of mobile applications for mental health. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. 2015. DOI: 10.1145/2838739.2838806
- Webb M, Sanci L, Kauer S, Wadley G. Designing a health screening tool to help young people communicate with their general practitioner. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. 2015. DOI: 10.1145/2838739.2838756
- Heidari A, Kazemzadeh Y, Wadley G. ICT’s Effect on Parents’ Feelings of Presence, Awareness, and Connectedness during a Child’s Hospitalization. 26th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of South Australia. 2015.
- Wadley G, Hayden B. PHARMACOLOGICAL INFLUENCES ON THE NEOLITHIC TRANSITION. JOURNAL OF ETHNOBIOLOGY. Society of Ethnobiology. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 3. DOI: 10.2993/etbi-35-03-566-584.1
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile