Associate Professor Egemen Tanin
- Databases, Spatial Databases, Distributed Data Management, Database Visualization
Dr Egemen Tanin is an Associate Professor at the Department of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne. Dr Tanin's research interests include Spatial Databases and Mobile Data Management. He has graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park in 2001 before joining the University of Melbourne. He is an Associate Editor of ACM TSAS and served as a PC Chair for ACM SIGSPATIAL 2011 and 2012. He was recently elected to serve as the Treasurer for ACM SIGSPATIAL. Dr Tanin is also the co-founder of ACM SIGSPATIAL Australia as well as the founding editor for ACM SIGSPATIAL Special.
- Kotagiri R, Xie H, Kulik L, Karunasekera S, Tanin E, Bin Khunayn E. SMARTS: Scalable Microscopic Adaptive Road Traffic Simulator. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY. ACM Press. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue 2.
- Mustafizur AKM, Khan R, Kulik L, Tanin E. Location privacy for group meetups. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). 2016.
- Quattrone A, Kulik L, Tanin E. Mining city-wide encounters in real-time. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). 2016.
- Hossain A, Quattrone A, Tanin E, Kulik L. On the Effectiveness of Removing Location Information from Trajectory Data for Preserving Location Privacy. 9th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science (IWCTS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Hoang T, Reinoso M, Vetere F, Tanin E. Onebody: Remote Posture Guidance System using First Person View in Virtual Environment. 9th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016, Vol. 23-27-October-2016.
- Ali ME, Tanin E, Scheuermann P, Nutanong S, Kulik L. Spatial Consensus Queries in a Collaborative Environment. ACM Transactions on Spatial Algorithms and Systems. 2016, Vol. 2, Issue 1.
- Hashem T, Hashem T, Ali ME, Kulik L, Tanin E. Trip Planning Queries for Subgroups in Spatial Databases. 27th Australasian Database Conference (ADC). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9877. Editors: Cheema MA, Zhang W, Chang L.
- Nguyen U, Karunasekera S, Kulik L, Tanin E, Zhang R, Zhang H, Xie H, Kotagiri R. A Randomized Path Routing Algorithm for Decentralized Route Allocation in Transportation Networks. 8th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science (IWCTS). 2015.
- Hashem T, Datta S, Islam TU, Ali ME, Kulik L, Tanin E. A unified framework for authenticating privacy preserving location based services. GeoRich 2015 - 2nd International ACM Workshop on Managing and Mining Enriched Geo-Spatial Data, in conjunction with SIGMOD 2015. 2015.
- Quattrone A, Kulik L, Tanin E. Combining range-based and range-free methods: A unified approach for localization. GIS: Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2015, Vol. 03-06-November-2015.
- Tanin E, Xie H. Count or not to count: Counting challenges for big spatial data analytics. LSDS-IR 2015 - Proceedings of the 2015 Workshop on Large-Scale and Distributed Systems for Information Retrieval. 2015.
- Hashem T, Barua S, Ali ME, Kulik L, Tanin E. Efficient computation of trips with friends and families. International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, Proceedings. 2015, Vol. 19-23-Oct-2015.
- Nurain N, Ali ME, Hashem T, Tanin E. Group Nearest Neighbor Queries for Fuzzy Geo-Spatial Objects. Proceedings of the Second International ACM Workshop on Managing and Mining Enriched Geo-Spatial Data. 2015.
- Naghizade E, Bailey J, Kulik L, Tanin E. How Private Can I Be Among Public Users?. ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2015.
- Aldwyish A, Tanin E, Karunasekera S. Location-based social networking for obtaining personalised driving advice. GIS: Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2015, Vol. 03-06-November-2015.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile