Professor Andrew Turpin
- Computational problems in optometry and ophthalmology (human vision, modelling, simulation)
- Text compression and search (pattern search, data compression, string search)
Associate Professor Andrew Turpin is Deputy Head (Engagement) Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne.
Computational problems in human vision
Open Perimetry Interface
Algorithms for testing visual acuity (eye charts)
Classification of glaucoma patients
Psypad, an iPad app for visual psychophysics
Data compression and string searching
Performance of IR systems with real users
How do people use snippets in Web search result lists?
What does it mean to judge a document relevant to a query?
- Hussain M, Bhuiyan A, Turpin A, Luu C, Smith RT, Guymer R, Kotagiri R. Automatic Identification of Pathology-Distorted Retinal Layer Boundaries Using SD-OCT Imaging. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 64, Issue 7.
- Maddalena E, Mizzaro S, Scholer F, Turpin A. On Crowdsourcing Relevance Magnitudes for Information Retrieval Evaluation. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 3.
- An D, House P, Barry C, Turpin A, McKendrick A, Chauhan BC, Manners S, Graham SL, Yu DY, Morgan WH. The association between retinal vein pulsation pressure and optic disc haemorrhages in glaucoma. PLoS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 7.
- McKendrick A, Denniss J, Wang YX, Jonas JB, Turpin A. The Proportion of Individuals Likely to Benefit from Customized Optic Nerve Head Structure-Function Mapping. OPHTHALMOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 124, Issue 4.
- Chong L, Turpin A, McKendrick A. Assessing the GOANNA Visual Field Algorithm Using Artificial Scotoma Generation on Human Observers. TRANSLATIONAL VISION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 5.
- Bedggood P, Tanabe F, McKendrick A, Turpin A. Automatic identification of the temporal retinal nerve fiber raphe from macular cube data. BIOMEDICAL OPTICS EXPRESS. Optical Society of America. 2016, Vol. 7, Issue 10.
- Canovas R, Moffat A, Turpin A. CSAM: Compressed SAM format. BIOINFORMATICS. Oxford University Press. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 24.
- Turpin A, Myers JS, McKendrick A. Development of Visual Field Screening Procedures: A Case Study of the Octopus Perimeter. TRANSLATIONAL VISION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 3.
- Anderson A, McKendrick A, Turpin A. Do Intense Perimetric Stimuli Saturate the Healthy Visual System?. INVESTIGATIVE OPHTHALMOLOGY & VISUAL SCIENCE. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 57, Issue 14.
- Yang Z, Moffat A, Turpin A. How Precise Does Document Scoring Need to Be?. 12th Asia-Information-Retrieval-Societies Conference (AIRS). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9994. Editors: Ma S, Wen JR, Liu Y, Dou Z, Zhang M, Chang Y, Zhao X.
- Rubinstein N, McKendrick A, Turpin A. Incorporating Spatial Models in Visual Field Test Procedures. TRANSLATIONAL VISION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 2.
- Sepulveda JA, Turpin A, McKendrick A. Individual Differences in Foveal Shape: Feasibility of Individual Maps Between Structure and Function Within the Macular Region. INVESTIGATIVE OPHTHALMOLOGY & VISUAL SCIENCE. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 57, Issue 11.
- Ballae Ganeshrao S, McKendrick A, Denniss J, Turpin A. A Perimetric Test Procedure That Uses Structural Information. OPTOMETRY AND VISION SCIENCE. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2015, Vol. 92, Issue 1.
- Chen S, McKendrick A, Turpin A. Choosing two points to add to the 24-2 pattern to better describe macular visual field damage due to glaucoma. BRITISH JOURNAL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY. BMJ Publishing Group. 2015, Vol. 99, Issue 9.
- Turpin A, Chen S, Sepulveda JA, McKendrick A. Customizing Structure-Function Displacements in the Macula for Individual Differences. INVESTIGATIVE OPHTHALMOLOGY & VISUAL SCIENCE. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 10.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile