Professor Andrew Turpin
- Computational problems in optometry and ophthalmology (human vision, modelling, simulation)
- Text compression and search (pattern search, data compression, string search)
Associate Professor Andrew Turpin is Deputy Head (Engagement) Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne.
Computational problems in human vision
Open Perimetry Interface
Algorithms for testing visual acuity (eye charts)
Classification of glaucoma patients
Psypad, an iPad app for visual psychophysics
Data compression and string searching
Performance of IR systems with real users
How do people use snippets in Web search result lists?
What does it mean to judge a document relevant to a query?
- Maddalena E, Mizzaro S, Scholer F, Turpin A. On Crowdsourcing Relevance Magnitudes for Information Retrieval Evaluation. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 3.
- McKendrick A, Denniss J, Wang YX, Jonas JB, Turpin A. The Proportion of Individuals Likely to Benefit from Customized Optic Nerve Head Structure-Function Mapping. OPHTHALMOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 124, Issue 4.
- Chong L, Turpin A, McKendrick A. Assessing the GOANNA Visual Field Algorithm Using Artificial Scotoma Generation on Human Observers. TRANSLATIONAL VISION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 5.
- Hussain M, Bhuiyan A, Turpin A, Luu C, Smith RT, Guymer R, Kotagiri R. Automatic Identification of Pathology Distorted Retinal Layer Boundaries using SD-OCT Imaging. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016.
- Bedggood P, Tanabe F, McKendrick A, Turpin A. Automatic identification of the temporal retinal nerve fiber raphe from macular cube data. BIOMEDICAL OPTICS EXPRESS. Optical Society of America. 2016, Vol. 7, Issue 10.
- Canovas R, CÃ¡novas R, Moffat A, Turpin A. CSAM: Compressed SAM format. BIOINFORMATICS. Oxford University Press. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 24.
- Turpin A, Myers JS, McKendrick A. Development of Visual Field Screening Procedures: A Case Study of the Octopus Perimeter. TRANSLATIONAL VISION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 3.
- Yang Z, Moffat A, Turpin A. How Precise Does Document Scoring Need to Be?. 12th Asia-Information-Retrieval-Societies Conference (AIRS). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9994. Editors: Ma S, Wen JR, Liu Y, Dou Z, Zhang M, Chang Y, Zhao X.
- Rubinstein N, McKendrick A, Turpin A. Incorporating Spatial Models in Visual Field Test Procedures. TRANSLATIONAL VISION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Inc. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 2.
- Jones T, Scholer F, Turpin A, Mizzaro S, Sanderson M. Different rankers on different subcollections. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9022.
- Maddalena E, Mizzaro S, Scholer F, Turpin A. Judging relevance using magnitude estimation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9022.
- Burrows S, Uitdenbogerd AL, Turpin A. Comparing techniques for authorship attribution of source code. Software-Practice and Experience. John Wiley & Sons. 2014, Vol. 44, Issue 1.
- Wu M, Turpin A, Thom JA, Scholer F, Wilkinson R. Cost and benefit estimation of experts' mediation in an enterprise search. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. John Wiley & Sons. 2014, Vol. 65, Issue 1.
- Maturana M, Turpin A, McKendrick A, Kameneva T. Ionic channel changes in glaucomatous retinal ganglion cells: multicompartment modeling. International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC). IEEE Press. 2014.
- Scholer F, Maddalena E, Mizzaro S, Turpin A. Magnitudes of relevance: relevance judgements, magnitude estimation, and crowdsourcing. 6th International Workshop on Evaluating Information Access (EVIA). National Institute of Informatics. 2014.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile