Associate Professor Shanton Chang
- Health information seeking behaviour
- International education
- Online Behaviour, Information Needs, IT Security and Organisational Culture, Multicultural Workgroups (IT in a Global Environment, Relationships between Culture and IS, Change Management, Qualitative Research Methodologies)
- Technology adoption
- Technology in education
- Young people's online behaviour
Associate Professor Shanton Chang is a research and teaching academic at The Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. He is also Assistant Dean (International) at the Melbourne School of Information.
Research interests include:
- Online behaviour from a socio-technical perspective (with particular interest in health, business and educational contexts)
- Information needs and information seeking behaviour
- IT security and organisational culture
- IT in a global environment
- Change management
- Qualitative research methodologies
- Alzougool B, Chang S, Gray K. The effects of informal carers' characteristics on their information needs: The information needs state approach. INFORMATICS FOR HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE. Informa Healthcare. 2017, Vol. 42, Issue 3.
- Murad A, Lederman R, Bosua R, Chang S, Wark J. Design Considerations for a Virtual Community of Practice for Health Practitioners: A Learner Centred Design Approach. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Pang C, Chang S, Verspoor C, Pearce J. Designing Health Websites Based on Users' Web-Based Information-Seeking Behaviors: A Mixed-Method Observational Study. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL INTERNET RESEARCH. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2016, Vol. 18, Issue 6.
- Chang S, Imhoff M, Ustrup SM. Engineering and information technology: Challenges and opportunities for exchange studies. Handbook of Research on Study Abroad Programs and Outbound Mobility. 2016.
- Pang C, Verspoor C, Pearce J, Chang S. Finding and Exploring Health Information with a Slider-Based User Interface. 24th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC). IOS Press. 2016, Vol. 227. Editors: Georgiou A, Schaper LK, Whetton S.
- Heffernan K, Chang S, MacLean S, Callegari E, Garland S, Reavley N, Varigos G, Wark J. Guidelines and Recommendations for Developing Interactive eHealth Apps for Complex Messaging in Health Promotion. JMIR MHEALTH AND UHEALTH. JMIR Publications. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue 1.
- Tabesh M, Garland S, Gorelik A, Nankervis A, MacLean S, Callegari E, Chang S, Heffernan K, Wark J. Improving Vitamin D Status and Related Health in Young Women: The Safe-D study - Part B. JMIR RESEARCH PROTOCOLS. University of Toronto. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 2.
- Pang C, Chang S, Verspoor C, Pearce J. Innovation in designing health information websites: Results from a quantitative study. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2016 - Proceedings. 2016.
- Heffernan K, Vetere F, Chang S. Insertables: I've got IT under my skin. Interactions. ACM Press. 2016, Vol. 23, Issue 1.
- Pang C, Harrop M, Verspoor C, Pearce J, Chang S. What are health website visitors doing? Insights from visualisations towards exploratory search. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Heffernan K, Vetere F, Chang S. You Put What, Where? Hobbyist Use of Insertable Devices. 34th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI4GOOD). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Alzougool B, Chang S, Gray K. A New Scale to Measure the State of An Informal Carer’s Information Needs: Development and Validation. Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet. Routledge. 2015, Vol. 19, Issue 3-4.
- Ball L, Steinle V, Chang S. A proof-of-concept virtual learning environment for professional learning of teachers of mathematics: Students’ thinking about decimals. 39th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education. 2015. Editors: Beswick K, Muir T, Wells J.
- Pang C, Verspoor C, Pearce J, Chang S. Better health explorer: Designing for health information seekers. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. 2015.
- Pang C, Verspoor C, Chang S, Pearce J. Better health information exploration. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2015, Vol. 07-December-2015.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile