Mr Anthony Stell
Anthony Stell is a clinical software developer at the Melbourne eResearch Group. He holds an MSc in Information Technology from the University of Glasgow, an MPhys (Hons) in Astrophysics from the University of Edinburgh, and is a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) at the British Computing Society. He has previously been the Glasgow representative of the UK Grid Engineering Task Force (ETF), one of the lead developers on the EU FP7 Avert-IT project - an initiative to create a hypotensive event prediction system through the collection of real physiological data from specialist neurosurgery centres around Europe - and is now the senior developer for the ENSAT-CANCER project, a distributed digital repository and biobanking project, specialising in the linkage of information and samples concerning rare adrenal tumors in Europe.
- Sinnott R, Beuschlein F, Effendy J, Eisenhofer G, Gloeckner S, Stell A. Beyond a Disease Registry: An Integrated Virtual Environment for Adrenal Cancer Research. JOURNAL OF GRID COMPUTING. Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 14, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s10723-016-9375-x
- Stell A, Sinnott R, Gloeckner S, Effendy J. Advanced Clinical Study Monitoring through Distributed Registry Data Management. eResearch NZ 2015. 2015.
- Glockner S, Arlt W, Bancos I, Stell A, Sinnott R. Improving Data Quality in Disease Registries and Clinical Trials: A Case Study from the ENSAT-CANCER Project. 8th Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM). Australian Computer Society. 2015. Editors: Maeder A, Warren J.
- Sinnott R, Bruns Jr L, Duran C, Hu W, Jayaputera G, Stell A. Development of an Endocrine Genomics Virtual Research Environment for Australia: Building on Success. Computational Science and Its Applications � ICCSA 2013. Springer. 2013. Editors: Murgante B, Misra S, Carlini M, Torre CM, Nguyen HQ, Taniar D, Apduhan BO, Gervasi O. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-39640-3_27
- Stell A, Sinnott R. e-Enabling International Cancer Research: Lessons Being Learnt in the ENS@T-CANCER Project. I2013 IEEE 9th International Conference on eScience (eScience). IEEE Computer Society. 2013. DOI: 10.1109/eScience.2013.33
- Donald R, Howells T, Piper I, Chambers I, Citerio G, Enblad P, Gregson B, Kiening K, Mattern J, Nilsson P, Ragauskas A, Sahuquillo J, Sinnott R, Stell A. Early Warning of EUSIG-Defined Hypotensive Events Using a Bayesian Artificial Neural Network. Intracranial Pressure and Brain Monitoring XIV: Acta Neurochirurgica Supplementum. Springer Verlag. 2012, Vol. 114.
- Stell A, Moss L, Piper I. Knowledge-driven inference of Medical Interventions. 2012 25th International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS). IEEE Explore. 2012. DOI: 10.1109/CBMS.2012.6266389
- Stell A, Sinnott R, Donald R, Chambers I, Citerio G, Enblad P, Gregson B, Howells T, Kiening K, Nilsson P, Ragauskas A, Sahuquillo J, Piper I. Supporting Clinical Trials to Predict Adverse Events in the Brain Trauma Domain. 25th IEEE International Symposium on Computer Based Medical Systems. IEEE Press. 2012.
- Stell A, Sinnott R. The ENSAT Registry: A Digital Repository Supporting Adrenal Cancer Research. 20th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (Hic 2012). IOS Press. 2012.
- Donald R, Howells T, Piper I, Chambers I, Citerio G, Enblad P, Gregson B, Kiening K, Mattern J, Nilsson P, Ragauskas A, Sahuquillo J, Sinnott R, Stell A. Trigger Characteristics of EUSIG-Defined Hypotensive Events. Intracranial Pressure and Brain Monitoring XIV: Acta Neurochirurgica Supplementum. Springer Verlag. 2012, Vol. 114.
- Sinnott R, Stell A. Towards a Virtual Research Environment for International Adrenal Cancer Research. ICCS 2011. ICCS. 2011.
- Stell A, Sinnott R, Donald R, Chambers I, Citerio G, Enblad P, Gregson B, Howells T, Kiening K, Nilsson P, Ragauskas A, Sahuquillo J, Piper I. A Distributed Clinical Data Platform for Physiological Studies in the Brain Trauma Domain. 2010 IEEE Sixth International Conference on e-Science (e-Science). IEEE Computer Society. 2010. DOI: 10.1109/eScience.2010.26
- Sinnott R, Jiang J, Stell A, Watt J. Development and Support of Platforms for Research into Rare Diseases. 2010 10th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid). IEEE Computer Society. 2010. DOI: 10.1109/CCGRID.2010.127
- Stell A, Sinnott R, Jiang J. Enabling Secure, Distributed Collaborations for Adrenal Tumor Research. HealthGrid 2010 conference. HealthGrid. 2010. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-60750-583-9-259
- Piper I, Chambers I, Citerio G, Enblad P, Gregson B, Howells T, Kiening K, Mattern J, Nilsson P, Ragauskas A, Sahuquillo J, Donald R, Sinnott R, Stell A. The Brain Monitoring with Information Technology (BrainIT) collaborative network: EC Feasibility Study Results and Future Directions. Acta Neurochirurgica. Springer Wien. 2010, Vol. 152, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1007/s00701-010-0719-1
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile