Dr Marcus Carter
- Computer-Human Interaction
Marcus Carter is a Research Fellow in the Microsoft Research Centre for Social Natural User Interfaces, exploring the potential for technologies like the Xbox Kinect and Eye-Gaze for around the table computing. He has prior and ongoing projects involving EVE Online, DayZ, Warhammer 40,000 and Candy Crush Saga. See also, http://marcuscarter.com/ https://unimelb.academia.edu/MarcusCarter
- Mavoa J, Gibbs M, Carter M. Constructing the young child media user in Australia: a discourse analysis of Facebook comments. Journal of Children and Media. Routledge. 2017.
- Webber S, Carter M, Smith M, Vetere F. Interactive technology and human-animal encounters at the zoo. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HUMAN-COMPUTER STUDIES. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 98.
- Allison F, Carter M, Gibbs M. A History of Voice Interaction in Games. 1st International Joint Conference of DiGRA and FDG. 2016.
- Carter M, Bjork S. Cheating in Candy Crush Saga. Social, Casual and Mobile Games: The Changing Gaming Landscape. Bloomsbury Academic. 2016. Editors: Leaver T, Willson M.
- Newn J, Velloso E, Carter M, Vetere F. Dynamically Exposing Gaze to Foster Playful Experiences in Multiplayer Gameplay. CHI Play 2016 Designing for Emotional Complexity in Games Workshop. 2016.
- Carter M, Bergstrom K, Webber N, Milik O. EVE is Real: How conceptions of the 'real' affect and reflect an online game community. Well Played Journal. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 2.
- Bergstrom K, Carter M. EVE online for the uninitiated. Internet Spaceships are Serious Business: An EVE Online Reader. 2016.
- Newn J, Velloso E, Carter M, Vetere F. Exploring the Effects of Gaze Awareness on Multiplayer Gameplay. 3rd ACM SIGCHI Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHI PLAY). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Beven T, Hoang T, Carter M, Ploderer B. HandLog: A deformable tangible device for continuous input through finger flexion. 28th Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Carter M, Bergstrom K, Carter M, Woodford D. Introduction. Internet Spaceships Are Serious Business: An EVE Online Reader. University of Minnesota Press. 2016. Editors: Bergstrom K, Woodford D.
- Newn J, Velloso E, Carter M, Vetere F. Multimodal Segmentation on a Large Interactive Tabletop: Extending Interaction on Horizontal Surfaces with Gaze. ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Cox T, Carter M, Velloso E. Public DisPLAY: Social games on interactive public screens. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Gibbs M, Mori J, Carter M. RIP vile rat: Makeshift memorials in EVE online. Internet Spaceships are Serious Business: An EVE Online Reader. 2016.
- Pons P, Carter M, Jaen J. Sound to your objects: A novel design approach to evaluate orangutans' interest in sound-based stimuli. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. 15-17-November-2016.
- Velloso E, Carter M. The Emergence of EyePlay: A Survey of Eye Interaction in Games. 3rd ACM SIGCHI Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHI PLAY). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile