Dr Peter Schachte
- Programming Languages (Program Verification, Program Analysis, Programming Language Design, Declarative Programming)
Dr Peter Schachte is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Schachte has been involved in programming language research and development since the 1980s. From 1985 to 1993 he worked for Quintus Corporation, where he designed and implemented many parts of the company's Prolog language runtime system, development environments, graphics interfaces, object-oriented extenstions, and applications.
In his research, Dr Schachte concentrated largely on static analysis of logic programs. He built an efficient groundness analyser for Prolog and concentrated on improving its performance by designing and implementing new algorithms and data structures. He has also worked to improve programming language expressiveness, extending the Mercury compiler to allow the development of purely declarative software components with efficient imperative implementations. To Prolog, he added the ability to manipulate global state in a declarative way, and to use universal quantification as a flexible declarative looping facility. In collaboration with research students, he investigated secure network protocols, aspect-oriented programming, static checking of program binaries, the design and implementation of a purely declarative imperative programming language, automatic parallelisation of declarative programs, and improved automatic memory management.
- De Una D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. A Bounded Path Propagator on Directed Graphs. 22nd International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9892. Editors: Rueher M.
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A complete refinement procedure for regular separability of context-free languages. THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 625.
- Naish L, Schachte P, MacNally A. Adtpp: lightweight efficient safe polymorphic algebraic data types for C. SOFTWARE-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 12.
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. An Abstract Domain of Uninterpreted Functions. 17th International Conference on Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation (VMCAI). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9583. Editors: Jobstmann B, Leino KRM.
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Exploiting Sparsity in Difference-Bound Matrices. 23rd International Symposium on Static Analysis (SAS). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9837. Editors: Rival X.
- De UÃ±a D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. Steiner tree problems with side constraints using constraint programming. 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). 2016.
- De Una D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. Weighted Spanning Tree Constraint with Explanations. 13th International Conference on Integration of Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research Techniques in Constraint Programming (CPAIOR). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9676. Editors: Quimper CG.
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A Tool for Intersecting Context-Free Grammars and Its Applications. 7th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9058. Editors: Havelund K, Holzmann G, Joshi R.
- Cornish JR, Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Analyzing Array Manipulating Programs by Program Transformation. 24th International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 8981. Editors: Proietti M, Seki H.
- Kyprianou R, Schachte P, Moran B. Dauphin: A Signal Processing Language Statistical Signal Processing made easy. 2015 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DIGITAL IMAGE COMPUTING: TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS (DICTA). IEEE. 2015.
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Horn clauses as an intermediate representation for program analysis and transformation. 31st International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP) Co-located with the 21st International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP). Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 15.
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Interval Analysis and Machine Arithmetic: Why Signedness Ignorance Is Bliss. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND SYSTEMS. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2015, Vol. 37, Issue 1.
- Davis M, Schachte P, Somogyi Z, Sondergaard H. A Low Overhead Method for Recovering Unused Memory Inside Regions. ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Memory Systems Performance and Correctness. ACM Press. 2013.
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Abstract Interpretation over Non-Lattice Abstract Domains. 20th Static Analysis Symposium. Springer Verlag. 2013, Vol. 7935.
- Kyprianou R, Moran W, Schachte P. Dauphin: A new statistical signal processing language. 2013 International Conference on Radar (Radar). IEEE Explore. 2013.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile