Professor Karin Verspoor
- Bioinformatics and Computational Bioscience
- Biomedical Natural Language Processing (Text Mining)
- Health informatics (Biomedical ontologies)
- Lu Y, Sinnott R, Verspoor C. A semantic-based k-anonymity scheme for health record linkage. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239.
- Bouadjenek M, Verspoor C, Zobel J. Automated detection of records in biological sequence databases that are inconsistent with the literature. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. Academic Press. 2017, Vol. 71.
- Chen Q, Zobel J, Verspoor C. Benchmarks for measurement of duplicate detection methods in nucleotide databases.. Database (Oxford). Oxford University Press. 2017.
- Verspoor C, Ofoghi B, Robles Granda M. CommViz: Visualization of semantic patterns in large social communication networks. Information Visualization. 2017.
- Cohen KB, Lanfranchi A, Choi MJ-Y, Bada M, Baumgartner WA, Panteleyeva N, Verspoor C, Palmer M, Hunter LE. Coreference annotation and resolution in the Colorado Richly Annotated Full Text (CRAFT) corpus of biomedical journal articles. BMC BIOINFORMATICS. Biomed Central. 2017, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
- Pitson G, Banks P, Cavedon L, Verspoor C. Developing a Manually Annotated Corpus of Clinical Letters for Breast Cancer Patients on Routine Follow-Up. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 235.
- Chen Q, Zobel J, Verspoor C. Duplicates, redundancies and inconsistencies in the primary nucleotide databases: a descriptive study. DATABASE-THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL DATABASES AND CURATION. Oxford University Press. 2017.
- Bouadjenek M, Verspoor C, Zobel J. Literature consistency of bioinformatics sequence databases is effective for assessing record quality. DATABASE-THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL DATABASES AND CURATION. Oxford University Press. 2017, Vol. 2017, Issue 1.
- Hameed PN, Verspoor C, Kusljic S, Halgamuge S. Positive-Unlabeled Learning for inferring drug interactions based on heterogeneous attributes. BMC BIOINFORMATICS. Biomed Central. 2017, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
- Ofoghi B, Verspoor C. Textual emotion classification: An interoperability study on cross-genre data sets. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10400 LNAI.
- Cohen KB, Verspoor C, Fort K, Bada M, Palmer M, Hunter L. The Colorado Richly Annotated Full Text (CRAFT) Corpus: Multi-Model Annotation in the Biomedical Domain. Handbook of Linguistic Annotation. 2017. Editors: Ide N, Pustejovsky J.
- Li X, Verspoor C, Gray K, Barnett S. Understanding health professionals' informal learning in Online social networks: A cross-sectional survey. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239.
- Li X, Gray K, Verspoor C, Barnett S. Understanding the Context of Learning in an Online Social Network for Health Professionals' Informal Learning. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 235.
- Choi M, Zobel J, Verspoor C. A categorical analysis of coreference resolution errors in biomedical texts. JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICS. Academic Press. 2016, Vol. 60.
- Romano S, Nguyen X, Bailey J, Verspoor C. A framework to adjust dependency measure estimates for chance. 16th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining 2016, SDM 2016. 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile