Associate Professor Udaya Parampalli
- Network Security and Cryptography, Sequences, Coding theory (Secure protocols,)
Dr Udaya Parampalli was born in the Udupi district of Karnataka, India. He received the BEng degree from Mysore University in 1985 and the MTech and PhD degrees from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T), Kanpur, in 1986 and 1993, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. He was a research scholar at I.I.T, Kanpur from 1985 to 1991. From 1992 to July 1996, he was a Member Research Staff at Central Research Laboratory, Bangalore. From 1997 to 2002, he was an ARC Research Associate at the Department of Mathematics, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
Since February 2000, he has been working in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at the University of Melbourne, Australia, currently as a Senior Lecturer. In 2008, he was a visiting professor at Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Canada.
His research interests are in the area of cryptography and sequences over finite fields and rings for communications and information security.
- Huang K, Parampalli U, Xian M. On secrecy capacity of minimum storage regenerating codes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017, Vol. 63, Issue 3.
- Han H, Peng D, Parampalli U, Ma Z, Liang H. Construction of low-hit-zone frequency hopping sequences with optimal partial Hamming correlation by interleaving techniques. Designs, Codes, and Cryptography. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2016.
- Sun S, Parampalli U, Yuen TH, Yu Y, Gu D. Efficient completely non-malleable and RKA secure public key encryptions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9723.
- Sun S, Gu D, Liu JK, Parampalli U, Yuen TH. Efficient Construction of Completely Non-Malleable CCA Secure Public Key Encryption. 11th ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIA CCS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Caneleo PIS, Mohan LJ, Parampalli U, Harwood A. On improving recovery performance in erasure code based geo-diverse storage clusters. 12th International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN). IEEE. 2016. Editors: Chemouil P, Pattavina A, Gourdin E, Secci S.
- Gambhir B, Parampalli U. Personally controlled & privacy preserving medication management system. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. 01-05-February-2016.
- Huang K, Parampalli U, Xian M. Security Concerns in Minimum Storage Cooperative Regenerating Codes. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 62, Issue 11.
- Luo R, Parampalli U. Self-dual cyclic codes over ℤ4 + uℤ4. 7th International Workshop on Signal Design and Its Applications in Communications, IWSDA 2015. 2016.
- Li J, Tang X, Parampalli U. A Framework of Constructions of Minimal Storage Regenerating Codes With the Optimal Access/Update Property. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2015, Vol. 61, Issue 4.
- Jagathamma Mohan L, Luke Harold R, Caneleo PIS, Parampalli U, Harwood A. Benchmarking the performance of Hadoop triple replication and erasure coding on a nation-wide distributed cloud. 2015 INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON NETWORK CODING (NETCOD). IEEE. 2015.
- Liu Z, Guan YL, Hu S, Parampalli U. Optimal spectrally-constrained sequences. 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT). 2015, Vol. 2015-June.
- Kojima T, Oizumi A, Parampalli U. Properties of an Emergency Broadcasting System Based on Audio Data Hiding. 11th International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP). IEEE. 2015. Editors: Pan JS, Lee I, Huang HC, Yang CY.
- Luo R, Parampalli U. Self-dual Cyclic Codes Over Z₄ + uZ₄. Proceedings of the Seventh International Workshop on Signal Design and Its Applications in Communications. IEEE. 2015.
- Parampalli U. A class of quaternary noncyclic hadamard matrices. Australasian Journal of Combinatorics. Centre for Discrete Mathematics & Computing. 2014, Vol. 60, Issue 3.
- Kojima T, Tachikawa T, Oizumi A, Yamaguchi Y, Parampalli U. A Disaster Prevention Broadcasting Based on Data Hiding Scheme Using Complete Complementary Codes. 2014 INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INFORMATION THEORY AND ITS APPLICATIONS (ISITA). IEEE. 2014.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile