Dr Ida Asadi Someh
- Business Value of IT
- Data Governance, Privacy and Ethics
- Organizational Aspects of Business Analytics and Big data
Ida Asadi Someh is a lecturer in Business Information Systems at The University of Melbourne, and a research affiliate at the Centre for Information Systems Research (CISR), MIT Sloan School of Management. Her research focuses on the use, value and governance of data (small and big), business intelligence and business analytics for organizations and society. She completed her PhD in 2015 at The University of Melbourne and was awarded the best PhD thesis in Melbourne School of Engineering, and the Vice Chancellor’s PhD Prize at The University of Melbourne.
- Asadi Someh I, Wixom B, Davern M, Shanks GRAEME. Enablers and Mechanisms: Practices for Achieving Synergy with Business Analytics. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2017.
- Asadi Someh I, Shanks G. Emergence of business value from complementary interactions between informational and transactional IT systems. Australasian Journal of Information Systems. University of Canberra, School of Information Sciences and Engineering. 2016, Vol. 20.
- Asadi Someh I, Breidbach C, Davern M, Shanks G. Ethical implications of big data analytics. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Asadi Someh I, Frampton K, Davern M, Shanks G. The role of synergy in using enterprise architecture for business transformation. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Asadi Someh I, Shanks G. How business analytics systems provide benefits and contribute to firm performance?. 23rd European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2015. 2015, Vol. 2015-May.
- Asadi Someh I, Shanks G. Complementarity of informational and transactional IT systems in generating IT-based business value. Information Systems Foundations: The Value of Information Systems. 2014.
- Shanks G, Bekmamedova N, Asadi Someh I. Managing Business Analytics: Transformation, Innovation and Social Media. First Australian Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Conference. Kingswood Pres. 2013.
- Asadi Someh I, Shanks G. Realising Synergy in Business Analytics Enabled Systems. 24th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). AISel. 2013.
- Asadi Someh I, Shanks G. The Role of Synergy in Achieving Value from Business Analytics Systems. Proceedings of the Thirty Fourth International Conference on Information Systems. AISel. 2013.