Ms Jenny Kennedy
- Communication Technology and Digital Media Studies
- Computer-Human Interaction
- Cultural Theory
- Expanding Knowledge in Languages, Communication and Culture
- Expanding Knowledge in the Information and Computing Sciences
- Media Services not elsewhere classified
- Media Studies
Jenny Kennedy is a Research Fellow in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne.
Sharing is a key focus of her research, from affective sharing, to sharing economies and peer-networks. Jenny’s PhD was awarded in 2015. Titled, ‘Sharing in Networked Culture: Imagination, Labour and Desire’ it explored practices of sharing in relation to digital technologies.
Her research interests include media theories of everyday life, social discourses around technology use, and material culture.
Current research projects:
Mapping the Melbourne Sharing Economy (MNSI seed funding grant)
An Investigation of the Early Adoption and Appropriation of High-Speed Broadband in the Domestic Environment (ARC Discovery DP130101519)
- Arnold M, Nansen B, Kennedy J, Gibbs M, Harrop M, Wilken R. An Ontography of Broadband on a Domestic Scale. Transformations Journal. Central Queensland University. 2016, Vol. 27.
- Kennedy J. Conceptual boundaries of sharing. INFORMATION COMMUNICATION & SOCIETY. Routledge. 2016, Vol. 19, Issue 4.
- Nansen B, Warr D, Guillemin M, Wilken R, Arnold M, Kennedy J, Waycott J, Gibbs M. Ethical concerns associated with digital ethnography in the domestic environment: Informant burden and burdensome technologies. Ethics for Visual Methods: Theory, Methodology and Practice. 2016. Editors: Cox S.
- Kennedy J, Meese J, Van Der Nagel E. INTRODUCTION Situating research, situating practice: new voices in cultural research. CONTINUUM-JOURNAL OF MEDIA & CULTURAL STUDIES. Routledge. 2016, Vol. 30, Issue 2.
- Kennedy J, Meese J, Van Der Nagel E. Regulation and social practice online. CONTINUUM-JOURNAL OF MEDIA & CULTURAL STUDIES. Routledge. 2016, Vol. 30, Issue 2.
- Kennedy J, Nansen B, Arnold M, Wilken R, Gibbs M. Digital housekeepers and domestic expertise in the networked home. CONVERGENCE-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH INTO NEW MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES. Sage Publications. 2015, Vol. 21, Issue 4.