Dr Christoph Breidbach
- Digital Transformation and Emerging Technologies (Big Data Analytics, Augmented Reality, Business Models)
- Engagement Platforms and the Sharing Economy
- Service Innovation and Design
- Service Science
I am a Lecturer at the University of Melbourne, Department of Computing and Information Systems. Prior to joining the University of Melbourne, I was a Postdoctoral Scientist at the University of California, Merced, where I worked with Paul Maglio, and also held visiting positions at the Indian School of Business and IBM’s Almaden Research Center. My research addresses questions related to digital service innovation and transformation, and I have published widely on topics ranging from service experience, service innovation to engagement platforms in the Journal of Service Research, Industrial Marketing Management, Managing Service Quality, The Service Industries Journal, Service Science, Marketing Theory, and other outlets. I also serve on the Editorial Boards of the Journal of Service Research, the Journal of Business Research, the Journal of Service Theory and Practice, and hold a leadership position with the SIG Services at the Association for Information Systems.
- Asadi Someh I, Breidbach C, Davern M, Shanks G. Ethical implications of big data analytics. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Breidbach C, Brodie RJ. Nature and Purpose of Engagement Platforms. Customer Engagement: Contemporary Issues and Challenges. Routledge. 2016. Editors: Brodie RJ, Hollebeek LD, Conduit J.
- Breidbach C, Antons D, Salge TO. Seamless Service? On the Role and Impact of Service Orchestrators in Human-Centered Service Systems. JOURNAL OF SERVICE RESEARCH. Sage Publications. 2016, Vol. 19, Issue 4.
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. Technology-enabled value co-creation: An empirical analysis of actors, resources, and practices. INDUSTRIAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 56.
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. A Service Science Perspective on the Role of ICT in Service Innovation. 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2015.
- Breidbach C, Reefke H, Wood LC. Investigating the formation of service supply chains. SERVICE INDUSTRIES JOURNAL. Routledge. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 1-2.
- Srinivasan A, Breidbach C, Kolb DK. Service Science. Wiley Encyclopedia of Management. 2015. Editors: Straub DW, Welke R.
- Breidbach C, Chandler JD, Maglio PP. The Duality of Second Screens: A Phenomenological Study of Multi-Platform Engagement and Service Experiences. 2015 48TH HAWAII INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM SCIENCES (HICSS). IEEE Computer Society. 2015. Editors: Bui TX, Sprague RH.
- Nothman J, Ahmad A, Breidbach C, Malet D, Baldwin T. Understanding Engagement with Insurgents through Retweet Rhetoric. Australasian Language Technology Association Workshop 2015. 2015. Editors: Hachey B, Webster K.
- Breidbach C, Brodie R, Hollebeck L. Beyond Virtuality: from engagement platforms to engagement ecosystems. Managing Service Quality. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2014, Vol. 24, Issue 6.
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. Does Augmented Reality Enhance Service Experiences?. 2014 Frontiers in Service Conference. 2014.
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. Innovation as Service System Reconfiguration: Implications for IS Research. Annual AIS SIG Services Pre-ICIS Workshop 2014. 2014.
- Maglio PP, Breidbach C. Service Science: Toward Systematic Service System Innovation. Bridging Data and Decisions. INFORMS Applied Probability Society. 2014. Editors: Newman A, Leung J.
- Peters LD, Lobler H, Brodie RJ, Breidbach C, Hollebeek LD, Smith SD, Sorhammar D, Varey RJ. Theorizing about resource integration through service-dominant logic. Marketing Theory: an international review. Sage Publications. 2014, Vol. 14, Issue 3.
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. When Stores Come Alive: The Impact of Augmented Reality on Service Experiences. Fourth Australasian Symposium on Service Research & Innovation (ASSRI). Springer. 2014.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile