Mr Hasan Shahid Ferdous
Welcome Everyone. I am Hasan Shahid Ferdous. I am a research fellow at the Microsoft Centre for SocialNUI, School of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne, Australia. My PhD research was focused on social and collaborative use of technologies, particularly in the family mealtime context. Currently I am working on Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed reality applications for various social spaces. I am also interested in touch, eye-gaze and other NUI interactions in the public or private social settings.
- Ferdous H, Ploderer B, Davis H, Vetere F, O'Hara K. Commensality and the Social Use of Technology during Family Mealtime. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON COMPUTER-HUMAN INTERACTION. Association for Computing Machinery. 2016, Vol. 23, Issue 6.
- Ferdous H, Ploderer B, Davis H, Vetere F, O'Hara K, Farr-Wharton G, Comber R. TableTalk: Integrating personal devices and content for commensal experiences at the family dinner table. UbiComp 2016 - Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Ferdous H, Ploderer B, Davis H, Vetere F, O'Hara K. Pairing technology and meals: A contextual enquiry in the family household. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. 2015.
- McKay D, Awori K, Ferdous H. Three is a crowd? Our experience of testing large-scale social software in a usability lab. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. 2015.
- Ahmed S, Anik MTA, Tasnim M, Ferdous H. Statistical analysis and implications of SNS search in under-developed countries. OzCHI '13 Proceedings of the 25th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference: Augmentation, Application, Innovation, Collaboration. ACM Press. 2013.