Dr Antonette Mendoza
- Catering for individuals' emotions in technology development, adoption and use
- Development, adoption and use of e-learning tools - value realization
- Role of social networks in technology appropriation and knowledge management
Dr Antonette Mendoza is a lecturer in the Department of Computing and Information systems at The University of Melbourne. Antonette's expertise lies in the area of process modelling, design and development of emerging technologies that support positive computing, adoption and longer-term use. Her interests extend to exploring the impact of wider range of technologies that include mobile applications and social media platforms on society including health care, e-learning and telework.
Some research projects for prospective PhD, MPhil and Masters Students include: (1) Catering for individuals' emotions in technology development, adoption and use; (2) Role of social networks in technology appropriation and knowledge management; (3) Adoption and use of e-learning platforms - value realization; (4) User segmentation and data mining for decision making; (5) development of e-learning apps for feedback and assessment and (6) Impact of telework on individual productivity and well being
Recent news: Our iPad App called Rapid Feedback for Oral Presentations made a mention in the print version of the Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, the Brisbane Times, Canberra Times and WA on 8th Feb 2016. “The Age” along with the attached story was published in the digital realm http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/education-news-in-brief-20160201-gmigei.html Also, we are one of the major research partners for our work on improving homeless services in Victoria. Check out Ask Izzy: http://www.reagroup.com/IRM/PDF/1800/InnovativemobilewebsitesettobridgethegapforAustraliashomeless).
- Winfree T, Goldacre P, Sherkat M, Graham P, Mendoza A, Miller T. Learning for Low Carbon Living: The potential of mobile learning applications for built environment trades and professionals in Australia. International High- Performance Built Environment Conference – A Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2016 Series (SBE16). Elsevier. 2017.
- Mendoza A, Shallcross D. Assessment and rapid feedback for oral presentations. 6th International Symposium of Engineering Education (ISEE). 2016. Editors: Kapranos P.
- Olsen J, Adamovic M, Gulyas A, Gahan P, Shallcross D, Mendoza A. EXPLAINING THE TAKE-UP OF VIRTUAL WORK: THE ROLE OF VIRTUAL SELF-EFFICACY AND VIRTUAL WORK CLIMATE. Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings. Academy of Management. 2016.
- Everard S, Mendoza A, Kurnia S. Preparing seniors for e-health: A study on the readiness of their technology tutors. 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS). 2016.
- Isika N, Mendoza A, Bosua R. The use of social media by adults with chronic illness: analysing the support mechanisms of four social media platforms. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Isika N, Mendoza A, Bosua R. Appropriation of social media by patients with chronic illness to share knowledge. 26th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of South Australia. 2015.
- Miller T, Pedell S, Lopez-Lorca AA, Mendoza A, Sterling L, Keirnan A. Emotion-led modelling for people-oriented requirements engineering: The case study of emergency systems. JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE. Elsevier. 2015, Vol. 105.
- Shallcross D, Mendoza A. Rapid Feedback for Oral Presentations. 2015 Australasian Association for Engineering Education Conference (AAEE). 2015.
- Mekala SL, Mendoza A, Bosua R. Towards a synthesised decision support methodology that integrates human cognition and data mining. 19th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS). 2015.
- Clarke D, Miller T, Mendoza A. Using "must" and "may" summaries to detect data races in Java bytecode that does not rely on the synchronized construct. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2015, Vol. 28-September-2015.
- Lopez-Lorca AA, Miller T, Pedell S, Mendoza A, Keirnan A, Sterling L. One size doesn't fit all: Diversifying "the user" using personas and emotional scenarios. 6th International Workshop on Social Software Engineering, SSE 2014 - Proceedings. 2014.
- Mendoza A, Karunasekera S, Wright S. Strategies to encourage and retain women in engineering: A case study approach. 2014 Annual Conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE). 2014.
- Mendez Dangon JI, Mendoza A. A Conceptual Framework to Evaluate Usability in Mobile Aged Care Applications: a health care initiative. 2013 International Conference on Information Resources Management. AISel. 2013.
- Bosua R, Gloet MB, Kurnia S, Mendoza A, Yong J. Telework, productivity and wellbeing: an Australian perspective. Telecommunications Journal of Australia. Telecommunications Society of Australia. 2013, Vol. 63, Issue 1.
- Mendoza A, Miller T, Pedell S, Sterling L. The role of users’ emotions and associated quality goals on appropriation of systems: two case studies. 24th Australasian Conference on Information Systems. AISel. 2013.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile