Dr Thuong Hoang
- Augmented Reality (input device, interaction techniques)
- Human Computer Interaction
- Natural User Interfaces
- Wearable Computing (wearable computer, head mounted display)
I am currently interested in Social and Natural User Interfaces used in educational settings, including traditional classroom, and expanding to embodied forms of knowledge, such as the teaching of dance, martial arts, yoga, and circus. My research background is in augmented reality, wearable computing, and human computer interaction.
- Aggarwal D, Ploderer B, Vetere F, Bradford M, Hoang T. Doctor, Can You See My Squats? Understanding Bodily Communication in Video Consultations for Physiotherapy. 11th ACM SIGCHI Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Beven T, Hoang T, Carter M, Ploderer B. HandLog: A deformable tangible device for continuous input through finger flexion. 28th Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Baker S, Waycott J, Pedell S, Hoang T, Ozanne E. Older people and social participation: From touch screens to virtual realities. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. Part F125221.
- Hoang T, Reinoso M, Vetere F, Tanin E. Onebody: Remote Posture Guidance System using First Person View in Virtual Environment. 9th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016, Vol. 23-27-October-2016.
- Liu W, Ploderer B, Hoang T. In bed with technology: Challenges and opportunities for sleep tracking. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. 2015.
- Hoang T, Foloppe DA, Richard P. Tangible virtual kitchen for the rehabilitation of Alzheimer's patients. 2015 IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces, 3DUI 2015 - Proceedings. 2015.
- Hoang T, Thomas BH. Distance based modelling and manipulation methods for augmented reality systems using ultrasonic gloves. (Patent no. ).
- Hoang T, Smith RT, Thomas BH. 3D interactions with a passive deformable haptic glove. 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR 2013. 2013.
- Hoang T, Smith RT, Thomas BH. Passive Deformable Haptic glove to support 3D interactions in mobile augmented reality environments. 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR 2013. 2013.
- Hoang T, Smith RT, Thomas BH. Ultrasonic glove input device for distance-based interactions. Proceedings of 23rd International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence, ICAT 2013. 2013.
- Hoang T, Thomas BH. A Discussion of Precise Interaction for Wearable Augmented Reality Systems. Adjunct Proceedings International Symposium on Wearable Computers ISWC 2012. 2012.
- Hoang T, Thomas BH. Distance-based modeling and manipulation techniques using ultrasonic gloves. ISMAR 2012 - 11th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality 2012, Science and Technology Papers. 2012.
- Hoang T, Thomas BH. Augmented Viewport: Towards precise manipulation at a distance for outdoor augmented reality wearable computers. Mobile collaborative augmented reality: recent trends. Springer. 2011. Editors: Alem L, Huang W.
- Hoang T, Thomas BH. Multiple Camera Augmented Viewport: An Investigation of Camera Position, Visualizations, and the Effects of Sensor Errors and Head Movement. International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence. 2011.
- Hoang T, Thomas BH. Augmented viewport: An action at a distance technique for outdoor AR using distant and zoom lens cameras. Proceedings - International Symposium on Wearable Computers, ISWC. 2010.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile