- Levy DT, Cummings KM, Villanti AC, Niaura R, Abrams DB, Fong GT, Borland R. A framework for evaluating the public health impact of e-cigarettes and other vaporized nicotine products. ADDICTION. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2017, Vol. 112, Issue 1.
- Nicholson A, Borland R, Sarin J, Bennet P, Davey M, Van Der Sterren A, Stevens M, Thomas D. Associations between advertising recall and quitting in a national cohort of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander smokers. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. Public Health Association of Australia. 2017, Vol. 41, Issue 4.
- Heckman BW, Cummings KM, Kasza KA, Borland R, Burris JL, Fong GT, McNeill A, Carpenter MJ. Effectiveness of Switching Smoking-Cessation Medications Following Relapse. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 53, Issue 2.
- Borland R. Paying more attention to the 'elephant in the room'. TOBACCO CONTROL. BMJ Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 26, Issue E1.
- Courtney RJ, Clare P, Boland V, Martire KA, Bonevski B, Hall W, Siahpush M, Borland R, Doran CM, West R, Farrell M, Mattick RP. Predictors of retention in a randomised trial of smoking cessation in low-socioeconomic status Australian smokers. ADDICTIVE BEHAVIORS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 64.
- Levy DT, Fong GT, Cummings KM, Borland R, Abrams DB, Villanti AC, Niaura R. THE NEED FOR A COMPREHENSIVE FRAMEWORK. ADDICTION. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2017, Vol. 112, Issue 1.
- Thomas DP, Panaretto KS, Davey M, Briggs V, Borland R. The social determinants and starting and sustaining quit attempts in a national sample of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander smokers. AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND JOURNAL OF PUBLIC HEALTH. Public Health Association of Australia. 2017, Vol. 41, Issue 3.
- Iredale JM, Clare PJ, Courtney RJ, Martire KA, Bonevski B, Borland R, Siahpush M, Mattick RP. Associations between behavioural risk factors and smoking, heavy smoking and future smoking among an Australian population-based sample. PREVENTIVE MEDICINE. Academic Press. 2016, Vol. 83.
- Kasza KA, Hyland AJ, Borland R, McNeill A, Fong GT, Carpenter MJ, Partos T, Cummings KM. Cross-country comparison of smokers' reasons for thinking about quitting over time: Findings from the International Tobacco Control Four Country Survey (ITC-4C), 2002-2015. Tobacco Control. BMJ Publishing Group. 2016.
- Cooper J, Borland R, McKee SA, Yong H-H, Dugue P. Depression motivates quit attempts but predicts relapse: differential findings for gender from the International Tobacco Control Study. ADDICTION. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2016, Vol. 111, Issue 8.
- Thin N, Borland R, Yearwood J, Yong H-H, Venkatesh S, Dinh P. Discriminative Cues for Different Stages of Smoking Cessation in Online Community. 17th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 10042. Editors: Cellary W, Mokbel MF, Wang J, Wang H, Zhou R, Zhang Y.
- Cho YJ, Thrasher JF, Swayampakala K, Yong H-H, McKeever R, Hammond D, Anshari D, Cummings KM, Borland R. Does Reactance against Cigarette Warning Labels Matter? Warning Label Responses and Downstream Smoking Cessation amongst Adult Smokers in Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United States. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2016, Vol. 11, Issue 7.
- Nagelhout GE, Heijndijk SM, Cummings KM, Willemsen MC, Van Den Putte B, Heckman BW, Hummel K, De Vries H, Hammond D, Borland R. E-cigarette advertisements, and associations with the use of e-cigarettes and disapproval or quitting of smoking: Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Netherlands Survey. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DRUG POLICY. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 29.
- Li L, Fathelrahman AI, Borland R, Omar M, Fong GT, Quah ACK, Sirirassamee B, Yong HH. Impact of Graphic Pack Warnings on Adult Smokers' Quitting Activities: Findings from the ITC Southeast Asia Survey (2005-2014). Journal of Smoking Cessation. Australian Academic Press. 2016, Vol. 11, Issue 2.
- Balmford J, Borland R, Yong H-H. Impact of the introduction of standardised packaging on smokers' brand awareness and identification in Australia. DRUG AND ALCOHOL REVIEW. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2016, Vol. 35, Issue 1.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile