- Human-Computer Interaction
- Social Computing
I am a research fellow at the Microsoft Centre for Social Natural User Interfaces. i am interested in exploring the potential uses for technologies with disadvantaged or marginalised populations. My PhD research involved the use of technology by older people with histories of homelessness, social isolation and complex needs.
- Cyarto EV, Batchelor F, Baker S, Dow B. Active ageing with avatars: A virtual exercise class for older adults. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Baker S, Waycott J, Pedell S, Hoang T, Ozanne E. Older people and social participation: From touch screens to virtual realities. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. Part F125221.
- Baker S, Warburton J, Hodgkin S, Pascal J. The supportive network: rural disadvantaged older people and ICT. Ageing and Society. Cambridge University Press. 2016.
- Baker S, Warburton J, Hodgkin S, Pascal J. Reimagining the Relationship between Social Work and Information Communication Technology in the Network Society. AUSTRALIAN SOCIAL WORK. Australian Association of Social Workers. 2014, Vol. 67, Issue 4.