Professor Rajkumar Buyya
- Future of computing
- Large-scale software engineering (Cloud Data Centers)
- Market-oriented resource allocation and application scheduling
- Parallel and distributed computing: especially high performance computing on networked systems (e-Science, e-Research, IT Applications)
- Service level agreements based data centres management
- Service-oriented architecture for scientific and business applications (Internet Computing)
- Software Defined Systems and Fog Computing
- To advance the state-of-the-art in Internet-based Distributed Computing Systems (Cloud Computing, Grid Computing, Distributed Systems, High Performance Computing, Operating Systems, Distributed Computing, Utility Computing)
Dr. Rajkumar Buyya is a Fellow of IEEE, Professor of Computer Science and Software Engineering and Director of the Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He is also serving as the founding CEO of Manjrasoft, a spin-off company of the University, commercializing its innovations in Cloud Computing. He served as a Future Fellow of the Australian Research Council during 2012-2016. He has authored over 525 publications and seven text books including "Mastering Cloud Computing" published by McGraw Hill, China Machine Press, and Morgan Kaufmann for Indian, Chinese and international markets respectively. He also edited several books including "Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms" (Wiley Press, USA, Feb 2011). He is one of the highly cited authors in computer science and software engineering worldwide (h-index=108, g-index=225, 55,200+ citations). Microsoft Academic Search Index ranked Dr. Buyya as #1 author in the world (2005-2016) for both field rating and citations evaluations in the area of Distributed and Parallel Computing. "A
Scientometric Analysis of Cloud Computing Literature" by German scientists ranked Dr. Buyya as the World's Top-Cited (#1) Author and the World's Most-Productive (#1) Author in Cloud Computing. Recently, Dr. Buyya is recognized as "2016 Web of Science Highly Cited Researcher" by Thomson Reuters.
Software technologies for Grid and Cloud computing developed under Dr. Buyya's leadership have gained rapid acceptance and are in use at several academic institutions and commercial enterprises in 40 countries around the world. Dr. Buyya has led the establishment and development of key community activities, including serving as foundation Chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing and five IEEE/ACM conferences. These contributions and international research leadership of Dr. Buyya are recognized through the award of "2009 IEEE Medal for Excellence in Scalable Computing" from the IEEE Computer Society TCSC. Manjrasoft's Aneka Cloud technology developed under his leadership has received "2010 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award". Recently, Dr. Buyya received "Bharath Nirman Award" and "Mahatma Gandhi Award" along with Gold Medals for his outstanding and extraordinary achievements in Information Technology field and services rendered to promote greater friendship and India-International cooperation. He served as the founding Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. He is currently serving as Co-Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Software: Practice and Experience, which was established over 45 years ago. For further information on Dr.Buyya, please visit his cyberhome: www.buyya.com
- Xu M, Tian W, Buyya R. A survey on load balancing algorithms for virtual machines placement in cloud computing. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 12.
- Roy DG, De D, Mukherjee A, Buyya R. Application-aware cloudlet selection for computation offloading in multi-cloudlet environment. JOURNAL OF SUPERCOMPUTING. Springer Science+Business Media. 2017, Vol. 73, Issue 4.
- Sun H, Wang X, Buyya R, Su J. CloudEyes: Cloud-based malware detection with reversible sketch for resource-constrained internet of things (IoT) devices. SOFTWARE-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 47, Issue 3.
- Fotuhi Piraghaj S, Vahid Dastjerdi A, Calheiros R, Buyya R. ContainerCloudSim: An environment for modeling and simulation of containers in cloud data centers. SOFTWARE-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 47, Issue 4.
- Liu L, Zhang M, Buyya R, Fan Q. Deadline-constrained coevolutionary genetic algorithm for scientific workflow scheduling in cloud computing. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 5.
- Sookhak M, Gani A, Khan MK, Buyya R. Dynamic remote data auditing for securing big data storage in cloud computing. INFORMATION SCIENCES. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 380.
- Arroba P, Moya JM, Ayala JL, Buyya R. Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling-aware dynamic consolidation of virtual machines for energy efficient cloud data centers. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 10.
- Rossi FD, Xavier MG, De Rose CAF, Calheiros R, Buyya R. E-eco: Performance-aware energy-efficient cloud data center orchestration. JOURNAL OF NETWORK AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS. Academic Press. 2017, Vol. 78.
- Qu C, Calheiros R, Buyya R. Mitigating impact of short-term overload on multi-cloud web applications through geographical load balancing. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 12.
- Chang C, Srirama SN, Buyya R. Mobile Cloud Business Process Management System for the Internet of Things: A Survey. ACM COMPUTING SURVEYS. Association for Computing Machinery. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 4.
- Calheiros R, Ramamohanarao K, Buyya R, Leckie C, Versteeg S. On the effectiveness of isolation-based anomaly detection in cloud data centers. Concurrency Computation. John Wiley & Sons. 2017.
- Khosravi A, Nadjaran Toosi A, Buyya R. Online virtual machine migration for renewable energy usage maximization in geographically distributed cloud data centers. Concurrency Computation. John Wiley & Sons. 2017.
- Rodriguez MA, Buyya R. Scheduling dynamic workloads in multi-tenant scientific workflow as a service platforms. Future Generation Computer Systems. Elsevier Science. 2017.
- Somani G, Gaur MS, Sanghi D, Conti M, Buyya R. Service resizing for quick DDoS mitigation in cloud computing environment. ANNALS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Presses Polytechniques et Universitaires Romandes. 2017, Vol. 72, Issue 5-6.
- Kune R, Konugurthi PK, Agarwal A, Chillarige RR, Buyya R. XHAMI - extended HDFS and MapReduce interface for Big Data image processing applications in cloud computing environments. SOFTWARE-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 47, Issue 3.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile