Professor Rajkumar Buyya
- Future of computing
- Large-scale software engineering (Cloud Data Centers)
- Market-oriented resource allocation and application scheduling
- Parallel and distributed computing: especially high performance computing on networked systems (e-Science, e-Research, IT Applications)
- Service level agreements based data centres management
- Service-oriented architecture for scientific and business applications (Internet Computing)
- Software Defined Systems and Fog Computing
- To advance the state-of-the-art in Internet-based Distributed Computing Systems (Cloud Computing, Grid Computing, Distributed Systems, High Performance Computing, Operating Systems, Distributed Computing, Utility Computing)
Dr. Rajkumar Buyya is a Redmond Barry Distinguished Professor and Director of the Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He is also serving as the founding CEO of Manjrasoft, a spin-off company of the University, commercializing its innovations in Cloud Computing. He served as a Future Fellow of the Australian Research Council during 2012-2016. He has authored over 625 publications and seven text books including "Mastering Cloud Computing" published by McGraw Hill, China Machine Press, and Morgan Kaufmann for Indian, Chinese and international markets respectively. He also edited several books including "Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms" (Wiley Press, USA, Feb 2011). He is one of the highly cited authors in computer science and software engineering worldwide (h-index=112, g-index=245, 64,600+ citations). Microsoft Academic Search Index ranked Dr. Buyya as #1 author in the world (2005-2016) for both field rating and citations evaluations in the area of Distributed and Parallel Computing. "A Scientometric Analysis of Cloud Computing Literature" by German scientists ranked Dr. Buyya as the World's Top-Cited (#1) Author and the World's Most-Productive (#1) Author in Cloud Computing. Recently, Dr. Buyya is recognized as a "2016 Web of Science Highly Cited Researcher" by Thomson Reuters, a Fellow of IEEE, and Scopus Researcher of the Year 2017 with Excellence in Innovative Research Award by Elsevier for his outstanding contributions to Cloud computing.
Software technologies for Grid and Cloud computing developed under Dr. Buyya's leadership have gained rapid acceptance and are in use at several academic institutions and commercial enterprises in 40 countries around the world. Dr. Buyya has led the establishment and development of key community activities,
including serving as foundation Chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing and five IEEE/ACM conferences. These contributions and international research leadership of Dr. Buyya are recognized through the award of "2009 IEEE Medal for Excellence in Scalable Computing" from the IEEE Computer Society TCSC. Manjrasoft's Aneka Cloud technology developed under his leadership has received "2010 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award". Recently, Dr. Buyya
received "Mahatma Gandhi Award" along with Gold Medals for his outstanding and extraordinary achievements in Information Technology field and services rendered to promote greater friendship and India-International cooperation. He served as the founding Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. He is currently serving as Co-Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Software: Practice and Experience, which was established over 45 years ago. For further information on Dr.Buyya, please visit his cyberhome: www.buyya.com
- Das J, Dasgupta A, Ghosh SK, Buyya R. A Geospatial Orchestration Framework on Cloud for Processing User Queries. Proceedings - 2016 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets, CCEM 2016. 2017.
- Liu C, Li K, Li K, Buyya R. A New Cloud Service Mechanism for Profit Optimizations of a Cloud Provider and Its Users. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Ranjan R, Thakker D, Haller A, Buyya R. A note on exploration of loT generated big data using semantics. FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 76.
- Xu M, Tian W, Buyya R. A survey on load balancing algorithms for virtual machines placement in cloud computing. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 12.
- Rodriguez Sossa M, Buyya R. A taxonomy and survey on scheduling algorithms for scientific workflows in IaaS cloud computing environments. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 8.
- Ferdaus MH, Murshed M, Calheiros R, Buyya R. An algorithm for network and data-aware placement of multi-tier applications in cloud data centers. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. Academic Press. 2017, Vol. 98.
- Baker T, Asim M, Tawfik H, Aldawsari B, Buyya R. An energy-aware service composition algorithm for multiple cloud-based IoT applications. JOURNAL OF NETWORK AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS. Academic Press. 2017, Vol. 89.
- Roy DG, De D, Mukherjee A, Buyya R. Application-aware cloudlet selection for computation offloading in multi-cloudlet environment. JOURNAL OF SUPERCOMPUTING. Springer Science+Business Media. 2017, Vol. 73, Issue 4.
- Sookhak M, Yu FR, Khan MK, Xiang Y, Buyya R. Attribute-based data access control in mobile cloud computing: Taxonomy and open issues. FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 72.
- Rodriguez Sossa M, Buyya R. Budget-Driven Scheduling of Scientific Workflows in IaaS Clouds with Fine-Grained Billing Periods. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON AUTONOMOUS AND ADAPTIVE SYSTEMS. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 2.
- Gill S, Buyya R, Chana I, Singh M, Abraham A. BULLET: Particle Swarm Optimization Based Scheduling Technique for Provisioned Cloud Resources. Journal of Network and Systems Management. Springer. 2017.
- Gill S, Chana I, Singh M, Buyya R. CHOPPER: an intelligent QoS-aware autonomic resource management approach for cloud computing. Cluster Computing. Springer. 2017.
- Sun H, Wang X, Buyya R, Su J. CloudEyes: Cloud-based malware detection with reversible sketch for resource-constrained internet of things (IoT) devices. SOFTWARE-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 47, Issue 3.
- Malik AW, Bilal K, Malik SU, Anwar Z, Aziz K, Kliazovich D, Ghani N, Khan SU, Buyya R. CloudNetSim plus plus : A GUI Based Framework for Modeling and Simulation of Data Centers in OMNeT plus. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SERVICES COMPUTING. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017, Vol. 10, Issue 4.
- Somani G, Gaur MS, Sanghi D, Conti M, Rajarajan M, Buyya R. Combating DDoS attacks in the cloud: Requirements, trends, and future directions. IEEE Cloud Computing. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 1.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile