Professor Vassilis Kostakos
- Human Computer Interaction
- Mobile and Social Computing
- Ubiquitous Computing
Vassilis is a Professor of Human Computer Interaction at the School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. He holds a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Bath, UK. He has previously held appointments at the University of Oulu, University of Madeira, and Carnegie Mellon University. He was the founding director of the Center for Ubiquitous Computing at the University of Oulu in 2016. He is a founding editor of the Proceedings of the ACM in Interactive, Mobile, Wearable, and Ubiquitous Technologies. His research interests include Human Computer Interaction, Ubiquitous Computing, and Social Computing, and he aims to develop novel interactive technologies that better understand and better respond to humans.
- Liu Y, Mezei J, Kostakos V, Li H. Applying configurational analysis to IS behavioural research: a methodological alternative for modelling combinatorial complexities. Information Systems Journal. Blackwell Science. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 1.
- Berenguer A, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Ferreira D, Anagnostopoulos T, Kostakos V. Are Smartphones Ubiquitous?: An in-depth survey of smartphone adoption by seniors. IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 1.
- Liu Y, Ferreira D, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Pandab P, Kostakos V. Donating context data to science: The effects of social signals and perceptions on action-taking. Interacting with Computers. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 2.
- Flores H, Sharma R, Ferreira D, Kostakos V, Manner J, Tarkoma S, Hui P, Li Y. Social-aware hybrid mobile offloading. Pervasive and Mobile Computing. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 36.
- Goncalves J, Sarsenbayeva Z, Van Berkel N, Luo C, Hosio S, Risanen S, RintamÃ¤ki H, Kostakos V. Tapping Task Performance on Smartphones in Cold Temperature. Interacting with Computers. Oxford University Press. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 3.
- Luo C, Fylakis A, Partala J, Klakegg S, Goncalves J, Liang K, SeppÃ¤nen T, Kostakos V. A data hiding approach for sensitive smartphone data. UbiComp 2016 - Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Van Berkel N, Luo C, Anagnostopoulos T, Ferreira D, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Kostakos V. A Systematic Assessment of Smartphone Usage Gaps. 34th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI4GOOD). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Sasao T, Konomi S, Kostakos V, Kuribayashi K, Goncalves J. Community Reminder: Participatory contextual reminder environments for local communities. International Journal of Human Computer Studies. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2016.
- Anagnostopoulos T, Ferreira D, Samodelkin A, Ahmed M, Kostakos V. Cyclist-aware traffic lights through distributed smartphone sensing. PERVASIVE AND MOBILE COMPUTING. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 31.
- Liu Y, Li H, Goncalves J, Kostakos V, Xiao B. Fragmentation or cohesion? Visualizing the process and consequences of information system diversity, 1993–2012. European Journal of Information Systems. 2016, Vol. 25, Issue 6.
- Luo C, Kuutila M, Klakegg S, Ferreira D, Flores H, Goncalves J, Kostakos V, MÃ¤ntylÃ¤ M. How to validate mobile crowdsourcing design? Leveraging data integration in prototype testing. UbiComp 2016 Adjunct - Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Ferreira D, Schuss C, Luo C, Goncalves J, Kostakos V, Rahkonen T. Indoor light scavenging on smartphones. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. Part F125832.
- Klakegg S, Luo C, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Kostakos V. Instrumenting smartphones with portable NIRS. UbiComp 2016 Adjunct - Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Van Berkel N, Kopytin S, Hosio S, Malmberg J, JÃ¤rvenoja H, Kostakos V. Measuring group dynamics in an elementary school setting using mobile devices. UbiComp 2016 Adjunct - Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Liu Y, Li H, Xu X, Kostakos V, Heikkila J. Modeling consumer switching behavior in social network games by exploring consumer cognitive dissonance and change experience. INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT & DATA SYSTEMS. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2016, Vol. 116, Issue 4.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile