Dr Jorge Goncalves
- Human Computer Interaction
- Ubiquitous Computing
Jorge Goncalves is a Lecturer in Human-Computer Interaction in the School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. Previously, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oulu in the Center for Ubiquitous Computing. He received a PhD with distinction in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Oulu, and a BSc / MSc in Computer Science and Engineering from the Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, University of Madeira (Portugal) under the Carnegie Mellon University | Portugal partnership. His research interests include: Human-Computer Interaction, Social Computing, Ubiquitous Computing, Crowdsourcing and Public Displays.
- Berenguer A, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Ferreira D, Anagnostopoulos T, Kostakos V. Are Smartphones Ubiquitous? An in-depth survey of smartphone adoption by seniors. IEEE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MAGAZINE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 1.
- Sasao T, Konomi S, Kostakos V, Kuribayashi K, Goncalves J. Community Reminder: Participatory contextual reminder environments for local communities. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HUMAN-COMPUTER STUDIES. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 102.
- Liu Y, Ferreira D, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Pandab P, Kostakos V. Donating Context Data to Science: The Effects of Social Signals and Perceptions on Action-Taking. INTERACTING WITH COMPUTERS. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 2.
- Goncalves J, Hosio S, Kostakos V. Eliciting Structured Knowledge from Situated Crowd Markets. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INTERNET TECHNOLOGY. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 2.
- Goncalves J, Hosio S, Kostakos V. Eliciting Structured Knowledge from Situated Crowd Markets. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology. 2017, Vol. 17.
- Anagnostopoulos T, Garcia JC, Goncalves J, Ferreira D, Hosio S, Kostakos V. Environmental exposure assessment using indoor/outdoor detection on smartphones. PERSONAL AND UBIQUITOUS COMPUTING. Springer-Verlag London. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 4.
- Kostakos V, Rogstadius J, Ferreira D, Hosio S, Goncalves J. Human Sensors. Participatory Sensing, Opinions and Collective Awareness. Springer International Publishing. 2017. Editors: Loreto V, Haklay M, Hotho A, Servedio VCP, Stumme G, Theunis J, Tria F.
- Goncalves J, Hosio S, Vukovic M, Konomi S. Mobile and situated crowdsourcing. International Journal of Human Computer Studies. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 102.
- Visuri A, Sarsenbayeva Z, Van Berkel N, Goncalves J, Rawassizadeh R, Kostakos V, Ferreira D. Quantifying Sources and Types of Smartwatch Usage Sessions. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2017.
- Goncalves J, Sarsenbayeva Z, Van Berkel N, Luo C, Hosio S, Risanen S, Rintamazki H, Kostakos V. Tapping Task Performance on Smartphones in Cold Temperature. INTERACTING WITH COMPUTERS. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 3.
- Goncalves J, Feldman M, Hu S, Kostakos V, Bernstein A. Task Routing and Assignment in Crowdsourcing based on Cognitive Abilities. 26th International Conference on World Wide Web. ACM Press. 2017.
- Klakegg S, Goncalves J, Van Berkel N, Luo C, Hosio S, Kostakos V. Towards commoditised near infrared spectroscopy. DIS 2017 - Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems. 2017.
- Luo C, Fylakis A, Partala J, Klakegg S, Goncalves J, Liang K, SeppÄnen T, Kostakos V. A data hiding approach for sensitive smartphone data. UbiComp 2016 - Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Van Berkel N, Luo C, Anagnostopoulos T, Ferreira D, Goncalves J, Hosio S, Kostakos V. A Systematic Assessment of Smartphone Usage Gaps. 34th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI4GOOD). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Hosio S, Goncalves J, Van Berkel N, Klakegg S. Crowdsourcing situated & subjective knowledge for decision support. 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp). 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile