Computer-based language analysis identifies public health threats
Travel data predicting destinations
Developing software to predict a person’s destination and customer needs, using the real-time path of travel via GPS tracking on smartphones.
- Cyber attack maps to underpin better strategic responses
The IT industry is in desperate need of better situational awareness to combat the growing number of damaging attacks on networks. Dr Atif Ahmad’s “vision” is to create a digital map of a business’ information network that identifies attacks as they are underway.
- Surgeons gain implant expertise with virtual training
New technology has been developed that allows surgeons training to implant cochlear electronic devices to practise this procedure within a simulated virtual-reality system.
- Informatics analyses value in digital health technologies
Dr Kathleen Gray’s team create evaluation frameworks to determine how digital health technologies add value, with criteria ranging from better patient experiences and improved health outcomes to more effective use of health professionals’ skills and time.
- Data contrasting highlights changing use of city
Improved traffic management and targeted public transport services are the focus of new algorithms being developed to draw meaning from the mountains of data now available about where we travel, how, and when
- Online community designed to support mental health for young people
Computing specialists and mental health professionals are collaborating to create a confidential online community that they hope can provide much-needed support for young people recovering from mental illness.
- Satisfaction score to improve quality of internet search results
Developing a tool to score the quality of internet search responses, relative to the user’s intention and level of satisfaction.
- Supply chain scheduling keeps automated mining operations on task
Designing software to harmonise the operations of the robotic mining equipment at Rio Tinto’s Pilbara mining complex in Western Australia
- Combined data adds power to decision-making
Converting data into visual information via bespoke built data-handling systems that have a strong track record boosting clients’ access to and use of diverse of datasets.
- New algorithms help interpret vision loss from digital images
Developing software for retinal imaging machines to improve diagnostics and eye care for those affected by glaucoma.