The School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS) and the Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME) are calling for applications for their 2022 Research Collaboration Seed Funding Initiative.
This seed funding initiative aims to encourage research collaborations across the multiple disciplines in CIS and ME, connecting researchers from the two divisions on projects that will lead to future externally-funded research applications.
The initiative will support cross-School/Department research projects up to $40,000.
Goals of the Seed Funding Initiative
- To nurture new collaborations, leading to long-term research connections between CIS & ME.
- To build new research capacity, particularly with a view to garnering external research funding.
- To advance innovative research ideas, bringing together the expertise of CIS & ME researchers.
We are calling for proposals that meet the above goals, show significant potential for future funding submissions, and have potential for broad impact.
- The project must include chief investigators from both CIS and ME. The aim is to foster collaboration between School and Department.
- The project must be new.
- The project must identify and target a significant externally funded project submission (e.g., ARC Linkage or DP, industry contract, etc.).
- The follow-on bid for an externally funded project must be submitted within 12 months of project commencement.
The following criteria will be used by a panel including the Head of School of CIS (or nominee) and Head of Department of ME (or nominee) in ranking and selecting submissions:
- Why seed funding is essential to the success of this project.
- The plan for this project to lead into a submission of a larger funding bid.
- The novelty of the project and collaboration, in relation to the people, disciplines and School/Department involved.
- The inclusion of ECRs.
Maximum funding amount is $40,000.
- Read the CIS-ME Seed Funding Guidelines and complete the Seed Funding Application Form.
- Submit your application to Nicole Barbee (firstname.lastname@example.org), CIS Research Coordinator, FEIT Research Services, by Monday 14 November 2022.
- Friday 14 October 2022
Seed Funding round opens
- Wednesday 26 October 2022
For those interested in this funding opportunity but needing to find a collaborator, this event will bring researchers together to exchange research interests and areas of expertise
Register by Monday 24 October 2022
- Monday 14 November 2022
- Monday 28 November 2022
- January 2023
Questions? Please reach out to one of the following:
Tony Wirth, CIS, Deputy Head, Research, email@example.com
Nick Hutchins, ME, Deputy Head, Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Barbee, CIS Research Coordinator, FEIT Research Services, email@example.com