Dr Atif Ahmad
- Information Security Management
Dr Atif Ahmad CPP is interested in how organisations practice Information Security Management. Over the last fifteen years Dr Ahmad has developed innovative security practices in strategy, risk, culture, governance, training and policy. He is particularly interested in how organisations can protect their competitively sensitive knowledge from leakage and how they can effectively learn from past security incidents.
- Ahmad, A.; Webb, J.; Desouza, KC.; Boorman, J. Strategically-motivated advanced persistent threat: Definition, process, tactics and a disinformation model of counterattack. Computers & Security. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 86, pp. 402-418. DOI: 10.1016/j.cose.2019.07.001
- Desouza, KC.; Ahmad, A.; Naseer, H.; Sharma, M. Weaponizing Information Systems for Political Disruption: The Actor, Lever, Effects, and Response Taxonomy (ALERT). Computers & Security. Elsevier BV. 2019, pp. 101606-101606. DOI: 10.1016/j.cose.2019.101606
- Molok, NNA.; Ahmad, A.; Chang, S. A case analysis of securing organisations against information leakage through online social networking. International Journal of Information Management. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2018, Vol. 43, pp. 351-356. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2018.08.013
- Alshaikh, M.; Maynard, S.; Ahmad, A.; Chang, S. An Exploratory Study of Current Information Security Training and Awareness Practices in Organizations. Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. University of Hawaii Press. 2018. DOI: 10.24251/hicss.2018.635
- Naseer, H.; Maynard, SB.; Ahmad, A.; Shanks, G. Cybersecurity risk management using analytics: A dynamic capabilities approach. International Conference on Information Systems 2018, ICIS 2018. AISel. 2018.
- Maynard, SB.; Onibere, M.; Ahmad, A. Defining the Strategic Role of the Chief Information Security Officer. Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for Information Systems. ASSOC INFORMATION SYSTEMS. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 3, pp. 61-85. DOI: 10.17705/1PAIS.10303
- Maynard, SB.; Tan, T.; Ahmad, A.; Ruighaver, T. Towards a Framework for Strategic Security Context in Information Security Governance. Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for Information Systems. ASSOC INFORMATION SYSTEMS. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 4, pp. 65-88. DOI: 10.17705/1PAIS.10403
- Agudelo-serna, C.; Bosua, R.; Ahmad, A.; Maynard, SB. Towards a knowledge leakage mitigation framework for mobile devices in knowledge-intensive organizations. 26th European Conference on Information Systems: Beyond Digitization - Facets of Socio-Technical Change, ECIS 2018. Association for Information Systems. 2018.
- Pitruzzello, .; Ahmad, .; Maynard, S. A Framework for Mitigating Leakage of Competitively Sensitive Knowledge in Start-ups. . School of Engineering and ICT, University of Tasmania in Hobart, Australia. 2017.
- Agudelo Serna, CA.; Bosua, R.; Maynard, SB.; Ahmad, A. Addressing Knowledge Leakage Risk caused by the use of mobile devices in Australian Organizations. . AISel. 2017.
- Tan, TERRENCE.; Maynard, S.; Ahmad, A.; Ruighaver, . Information Security Governance: A Case Study of the Strategic Context of Information Security. . Association for Information Systems. 2017.
- Horne, CA.; Maynard, SB.; Ahmad, A. Organisational Information Security Strategy: Review, Discussion and Future Research. Australasian Journal of Information Systems. UNIV CANBERRA, FAC INFORMATION SCIENCES & ENGINEERING. 2017, Vol. 21. DOI: 10.3127/ajis.v21i0.1427
- Webb, J.; Ahmad, A.; Maynard, SB.; Baskerville, R.; Shanks, G. Organizational Security Learning from Incident Response. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. Association of Information Systems. 2017.
- Agudelo Serna, C.; Bosua, .; Ahmad, .; Maynard, S. Strategies to Mitigate Knowledge Leakage Risk caused by the use of mobile devices: A Preliminary Study. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. Association for Information Systems. 2017.
- Onibere, M.; Ahmad, A.; Maynard, S. The Chief Information Security Officer and the Five Dimensions of a Strategist. . Association for Infomation Systems. 2017.
- Naseer, H.; Shanks, G.; Ahmad, A.; Maynard, S. TOWARDS AN ANALYTICS-DRIVEN INFORMATION SECURITY RISK MANAGEMENT: A CONTINGENT RESOURCE BASED PERSPECTIVE. Proceedings of the 25th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2017. Association for Information Systems. 2017, pp. 2645-2655.
- Richardson, M.; Bosua, R.; Clark, K.; Webb, J.; Ahmad, A.; Maynard, S. Towards responsive regulation of the Internet of Things: Australian perspectives. Internet Policy Review. ALEXANDER VON HUMBOLDT INST INTERNET & SOC. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 1. DOI: 10.14763/2017.1.455
- Horne, C.; Ahmad, A.; Maynard, SB. A Theory on Information Security. . University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Shedden, P.; Ahmad, A.; Smith, M.; Tscherning, H.; Scheepers, R. Asset Identification in Information Security Risk Assessment: A Business Practice Approach. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. Association for Information Systems. 2016, Vol. 39, Issue 1, pp. 297-320.
- Naseer, H.; Maynard, S.; Ahmad, A. Business analytics in information security risk management: The contingent effect on security performance. 24th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2016. ALSEL. 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile