Dr Gil Tidhar
Currently the Lead of Industry Engagement and Innovation Program. Gil has over 30 years experience in research, development and commercialisation of advanced technologies - ranging from care and support solutions, through artificial intelligence and decision support systems, to advanced simulation technology. Responsible for the development of the industry engagement capability, Gil identifies, encourages, and leads the required change towards a valued and impactful research, teaching, and public engagement program and culture. Gil successfully founded and grew software and services businesses. In his role as Executive Director he has participated in all strategic and governance aspects of the business, leading to a successful sale to a multi-national. He retains an interest in academia and collaboration between research, government and commercial organisations. Gil is engaged in research and teaching of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Australian and international universities. He contributes, on a volunteer basis, to the leadership of community, sporting, and education organizations – supporting their management and governance. Gil is a certified company director (Australian Institute of Company Directors), has a PhD in Computer Science and Software Engineer (University of Melbourne), an MSc in Computer Science (Hebrew University), and a BSc in Mathematics (Hebrew University).
- Acay, DL.; Sonenberg, L.; Tidhar, G. Formalizing tool use in intelligent environments. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing. Springer Verlag. 2018, pp. 1-14. DOI: 10.1007/s12652-018-0755-x
- Gray, KM.; Clarke, K.; Kwong, M.; Alzougool, B.; Hines, C.; Tidhar, G.; Frukhtman, F. Erratum: Internet protocol television for personalized home-based health information: Design-based research on a diabetes education system. (Journal of Medical Internet Research 2014;3(1):(e16) ) doi:10.2196/resprot.3404.. JMIR Research Protocols. 2014, Vol. 16, Issue 3, pp. e16-. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3404
- Gray, KM.; Clarke, K.; Kwong, ML.; Alzougool, BM.; Hines, C.; Tidhar, G.; Frukhtman, F. Internet Protocol Television for Personalized Home-Based Health Information: Design-Based Research on a Diabetes Education System. JMIR Research Protocols. JMIR Research Protocols. 2014, Vol. 3, Issue 1, pp. 143-154. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3201
- Sheeran, L.; Milne, D.; Holmes, M.; Tidhar, G.; Aranda, S. Developing a patient-led cancer care website, ‘CanCare’: what do end users want?. Journal of Research in Nursing. 2012, Vol. 17, Issue 6, pp. 519-535. DOI: 10.1177/1744987112460389
- Clarke, K.; Mccullough, MJ.; Leins, K.; Tidhar, G.; Farmer, D. The role of IPTV in education. Telecommunications Journal of Australia. 2012, Vol. 62, Issue 5, pp. 69.1-69.9. DOI: 10.7790/tja.v62i5.354
- Milne, D.; Sheeran, L.; Holmes, M.; Tidhar, G.; Aranda, S. Trialling a patient-led cancer care website in an acute cancer care setting. Journal of Research in Nursing. 2012, Vol. 17, Issue 6, pp. 538-554. DOI: 10.1177/1744987112458668
- Davis, HJD.; Scheepers, RS.; Hagger, V.; Howard, SH.; Scibilia, R.; Sonenberg, EAS.; Tidhar, GT. Smartpumps: A Negotiated Relative Advantage?. OzCHI 2010. Queensland University of Technology. 2010.
- Acay, LD.; Tidhar, G.; Sonenberg, E. Extending agent capabilities: Tools vs. Agents. Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology, Sydney, NSW, Australia, December 9-12, 2008. IEEE Computer Society. 2008, pp. 259-265. DOI: 10.1109/WIIAT.2008.247
- Tidhar, G.; Sonenberg, EA. Organized distributed systems (extended abstract). Cooperative Information Systems, 7th International Conference, CoopIS 2000, Eilat, Israel, September 6-8, 2000, Proceedings. SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN. 2000, Vol. 1901, pp. 126-131. DOI: 10.1007/10722620_12
- Tidhar, G.; Heinze, C.; Goss, S.; Murray, G.; Appla, D.; Lloyd, I. Using intelligent agents in military simulation or "using agents intelligently". Proceedings of the Sixteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Eleventh Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence, July 18-22, 1999, Orlando, Florida, USA.. AMER ASSOC ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. 1999, pp. 829-836.
- Tidhar, G.; Heinze, C.; Selvestrel, M. Flying together: Modelling air mission teams. Appl. Intell.. KLUWER ACADEMIC PUBL. 1998, Vol. 8, Issue 3, pp. 195-218. DOI: 10.1023/A:1008271016283
- Tidhar, G.; Sonenberg, EA.; Rao, AS. On team knowledge and common knowledge. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Multiagent Systems, ICMAS 1998, Paris, France, July 3-7, 1998. IEEE COMPUTER SOC. 1998, pp. 301-308. DOI: 10.1109/ICMAS.1998.699072
- Cavedon, L.; Rao, A.; Sonenberg, L.; Tidhar, G. Teamwork via team plans in intelligent autonomous agent systems. Worldwide Computing and Its Applications, International Conference, WWCA ’97, Tsukuba, Japan, March 10-11, 1997, Proceedings. SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN. 1997, Vol. 1274, pp. 106-121. DOI: 10.1007/3-540-63343-X_41
- Tidhar, G.; Rao, A.; Sonenberg, L. Guided Team Selection. Proceedings of the International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS). 1996, pp. 369-376.
- Cavedon, L.; Rao, AS.; Tidhar, G. Social and Individual Commitment. Intelligent Agent Systems, Theoretical and Practical Issues, Based on a Workshop Held at PRICAI’96, Cairns, Australia, August 26-30, 1996. Springer. 1996, Vol. 1209, pp. 152-163. DOI: 10.1007/3-540-62686-7_34
- Cavedon, L.; Tidhar, G. A Logical Framework for Multi-Agent Systems and Joint Attitudes. Distributed Artificial Intelligence: Architecture and Modelling, First Australian Workshop on DAI, Canberra, ACT, Australia, November 13, 1995, Proceedings. Springer. 1995, Vol. 1087, pp. 16-30. DOI: 10.1007/3-540-61314-5_18
- Tidhar, G.; Selvestrel, M.; Heinze, C. Modelling teams and team tactics in whole air mission modelling. IEA/AIE. GORDON AND BREACH SCIENCE PUBL. 1995, pp. 373-381.
- Kinny, D.; Sonenberg, E.; Ljungberg, M.; Tidhar, G.; Rao, A.; Werner, E. Planned team activity. Artificial Social Systems, 4th European Workshop on Modelling Autonomous Agents in a Multi-Agent World, MAAMAW ’92, S. Martino al Cimino, Italy, July 29-31, 1992, Selected Papers. Springer. 1994, Vol. 830 LNAI, pp. 227-256. DOI: 10.1007/3-540-58266-5_13
- Tidhar, G.; Rosenschein, JS. A CONTRACT NET WITH CONSULTANTS - AN ALTERNATIVE ARCHITECTURE AND EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS. ECAI. JOHN WILEY & SONS LTD. 1992, pp. 219-223.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile