Dr Antonette Mendoza
- Catering for individuals' emotions in technology development, adoption and use
- Development, adoption and use of e-learning tools - value realization
- Role of social networks in technology appropriation and knowledge management
Dr Antonette Mendoza is a Senior lecturer in the School of Computing and Information systems at The University of Melbourne. Antonette's expertise lies in the area of process modelling, design and development of emerging technologies that support positive computing, adoption and longer-term use. Her interests extend to exploring the impact of wider range of technologies that include mobile applications and social media platforms on society including health care, e-learning and telework.
Some research projects for prospective PhD, MPhil and Masters Students include: (1) Catering for individuals' emotions in technology development, adoption and use; (2) Role of social networks in technology appropriation and knowledge management; (3) Adoption and use of e-learning platforms - value realization; (4) User segmentation and data mining for decision making; (5) development of e-learning apps for feedback and assessment and (6) Impact of telework on individual productivity and well being
Recent news: Our iPad App called Rapid Feedback for Oral Presentations made a mention in the print version of the Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, the Brisbane Times, Canberra Times and WA on 8th Feb 2016. “The Age” along with the attached story was published in the digital realm http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/education-news-in-brief-20160201-gmigei.html Also, we are one of the major research partners for our work on improving homeless services in Victoria. Check out Ask Izzy: http://www.reagroup.com/IRM/PDF/1800/InnovativemobilewebsitesettobridgethegapforAustraliashomeless).
She is the winner of four teaching awards including the Edward Brown University Teaching Award in 2017, two national awards: Citation for Outstanding contribution to student learning - 2017 Australian University Teaching Award and 2018 CORE teaching Award.
- Wani, TA.; Mendoza, A.; Gray, K. BYOD in Hospitals-Security Issues and Mitigation Strategies. Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference on - ACSW 2019. ACM Press. 2019, pp. 25:1-25:10. DOI: 10.1145/3290688.3290729
- Sirendi, R.; Mendoza, A.; Barrier, M.; Taveter, K.; Sterling, L. A conceptual framework for effective appropriation of proactive public e-services. Proceedings of the European Conference on e-Government, ECEG. Academic Conferences and Publishing International Limited. 2018, Vol. 2018-October, pp. 213-221.
- Wachtler, C.; Coe, A.; Davidson, S.; Fletcher, S.; Mendoza, A.; Sterling, L.; Gunn, J. Development of a Mobile Clinical Prediction Tool to Estimate Future Depression Severity and Guide Treatment in Primary Care: User-Centered Design.. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. JMIR Publications Inc.. 2018, Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp. e95-. DOI: 10.2196/mhealth.9502
- Alatawi, E.; Mendoza, A.; Miller, T. Psychologically-Driven Requirements Engineering: A Case Study in Depression Care. 2018 25th Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC). IEEE. 2018, pp. 41-50. DOI: 10.1109/ASWEC.2018.00014
- Alshardan, M.; Mendoza, A.; Sinnott, R. Exploring Micro and Macro Level Appropriation of an E- learning Platform : A Study in a Middle Eastern and a Western Educational Contexts. . Australasian Conference on Information Systems ACIS. 2017.
- Winfree, T.; Goldacre, P.; Sherkat, M.; Graham, P.; Mendoza, A.; Miller, T. Learning for Low Carbon Living: The potential of mobile learning applications for built environment trades and professionals in Australia. Procedia Engineering. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 180, pp. 1773-1783. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.04.340
- Mendoza, A.; Sondergaard, H.; Venables, A. Making sense of a learning management system's quiz analytics in understanding students' learning difficulties. . Australasian Association for Engineering Education. 2017, pp. 112-119.
- Pedell, S.; Keirnan, A.; Priday, G.; Miller, T.; Mendoza, A.; Lopez-lorca, A.; Sterling, L. Methods for Supporting Older Users in Communicating Their Emotions at Different Phases of a Living Lab Project. TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION MANAGEMENT REVIEW. Carleton University. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp. 7-19.
- Choudrie, J.; Tsatsou, P.; Kurnia, S. Social inclusion and usability of ICT-enabled services. . Routledge. 2017, pp. 1-383. DOI: 10.4324/9781315677316
- Mendoza, A.; Shallcross, D. Assessment and rapid feedback for oral presentations. . University of Manchester. 2016, pp. 5-12.
- Sherkat, M.; Miller, T.; Mendoza, A. Does It Fit Me Better? User Segmentation in Requirements Engineering. Proceedings - Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, APSEC. IEEE. 2016, pp. 65-72. DOI: 10.1109/APSEC.2016.020
- Adamovic, M.; Gulyas, A.; Olsen, J.; Gahan, P.; Shallcross, D.; Mendoza, A. Explaining the take-up of virtual work: The role of virtual self-efficacy and virtual work climate. Academy of Management Proceedings. Academy of Management. 2016, Vol. 2016, Issue 1, pp. 1348-1352. DOI: 10.5465/AMBPP.2016.232
- Everard, S.; Mendoza, A.; Kurnia, S. Preparing Seniors for e-Health: A Study on the Readiness of Their Technology Tutors. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2016 - Proceedings. AiSel. 2016, pp. 1-10.
- Isika, N.; Mendoza, A.; Bosua, R. The use of social media by adults with chronic illness: analysing the support mechanisms of four social media platforms. . University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Isika, NU.; Mendoza, A.; Bosua, R. Appropriation of social media by patients with chronic illness to share knowledge. ACIS 2015 Proceedings - 26th Australasian Conference on Information Systems. University of South Australia. 2015.
- Miller, T.; Pedell, S.; Lopez-lorca, AA.; Mendoza, A.; Sterling, L.; Keirnan, A. Emotion-led modelling for people-oriented requirements engineering: The case study of emergency systems. Journal of Systems and Software. ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC. 2015, Vol. 105, pp. 54-71. DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2015.03.044
- Olsen, J.; Gahan, P.; Gulyas, A.; Shallcross, D.; Mendoza, A. Person, environment, and virtual work adoption: Back to basics. . 2015.
- Shallcross, DC.; Mendoza, A. Rapid Feedback for Oral Presentations. . AAEE. 2015.
- Mekala, SL.; Mendoza, A.; Bosua, R. Towards a Synthesized Decision Support Methodology that Integrates Human Cognition and Data Mining. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2015 - Proceedings. AISel. 2015.
- Clarke, DAW.; Miller, T.; Mendoza, A. Using "must" and "may" summaries to detect data races in Java bytecode that does not rely on the synchronized construct. Proceedings of the ASWEC 2015 24th Australasian Software Engineering Conference. ACM Press. 2015, Vol. 28-September-2015, pp. 64-68. DOI: 10.1145/2811681.2811694
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile