Dr Antonette Mendoza
- Catering for individuals' emotions in technology development, adoption and use
- Development, adoption and use of e-learning tools - value realization
- Role of social networks in technology appropriation and knowledge management
Dr Antonette Mendoza is a Senior lecturer in the School of Computing and Information systems at The University of Melbourne. Antonette's expertise lies in the area of process modelling, design and development of emerging technologies that support positive computing, adoption and longer-term use. Her interests extend to exploring the impact of wider range of technologies that include mobile applications and social media platforms on society including health care, e-learning and telework.
Some research projects for prospective PhD, MPhil and Masters Students include: (1) Catering for individuals' emotions in technology development, adoption and use; (2) Role of social networks in technology appropriation and knowledge management; (3) Adoption and use of e-learning platforms - value realization; (4) User segmentation and data mining for decision making; (5) development of e-learning apps for feedback and assessment and (6) Impact of telework on individual productivity and well being
Recent news: Our iPad App called Rapid Feedback for Oral Presentations made a mention in the print version of the Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, the Brisbane Times, Canberra Times and WA on 8th Feb 2016. “The Age” along with the attached story was published in the digital realm http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/education-news-in-brief-20160201-gmigei.html Also, we are one of the major research partners for our work on improving homeless services in Victoria. Check out Ask Izzy: http://www.reagroup.com/IRM/PDF/1800/InnovativemobilewebsitesettobridgethegapforAustraliashomeless).
She is the winner of four teaching awards including the Edward Brown University Teaching Award in 2017, two national awards: Citation for Outstanding contribution to student learning - 2017 Australian University Teaching Award and 2018 CORE teaching Award.
- Wani, TA.; Mendoza, A.; Gray, K. BYOD in Hospitals-Security Issues and Mitigation Strategies.. Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference on - ACSW 2019. ACM Press. 2019, pp. 25:1-25:10. DOI: 10.1145/3290688.3290729
- Mendoza, A.; Burrows, R.; Pedell, S.; Sterling, L.; Miller, T.; Lopez-lorca, A. Co-Creating Technology for Societal Change: A Mobile App addressing Homelessness. . European Network of Living Labs. 2019.
- Burrows, R.; Mendoza, A.; Sterling, L.; Miller, T. Evaluating Ask Izzy: A Mobile Web App for People Experiencing Homelessness. . Springer. 2019.
- Mendoza, A.; Abedin, E.; Karunasekera, S. Towards a Credibility Analysis Model for Online Reviews. . Association for Information Systems. 2019.
- Mendoza, A.; Wright, S.; Shallcross, D. ‘Teach the teacher’: Design and evaluation of a professional teaching development program. 5th International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAd'19). Universitat Politècnica València. 2019. DOI: 10.4995/head19.2019.9385
- Isika, N.; Mendoza, A.; Bosua, R. “Because people can see me”: Appropriation of youtube for chronic illness management. . Accociation for Information Systems. 2019.
- Sirendi, R.; Mendoza, A.; Barrier, M.; Taveter, K.; Sterling, L. A conceptual framework for effective appropriation of proactive public e-services. Proceedings of the European Conference on e-Government, ECEG. Academic Conferences and Publishing International Limited. 2018, Vol. 2018-October, pp. 213-221.
- Wachtler, C.; Coe, A.; Davidson, S.; Fletcher, S.; Mendoza, A.; Sterling, L.; Gunn, J. Development of a Mobile Clinical Prediction Tool to Estimate Future Depression Severity and Guide Treatment in Primary Care: User-Centered Design. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2018, Vol. 6, Issue 4. DOI: 10.2196/mhealth.9502
- Burrows, R.; Pedell, S.; Sterling, L.; Miller, T.; Mendoza, A. Motivational Goals for using Electronic Health Record Applications. . European Network of Living Labs (ENoLL). 2018. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1434908
- Alatawi, E.; Mendoza, A.; Miller, T. Psychologically-Driven Requirements Engineering: A Case Study in Depression Care. 2018 25th Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC). IEEE. 2018, pp. 41-50. DOI: 10.1109/ASWEC.2018.00014
- Isika, N.; Mendoza, A.; Bosua, R. Understanding appropriation of a social media technology to manage chronic illness: The facebook case. ACIS 2018 - 29th Australasian Conference on Information Systems. UTS. 2018.
- Alshardan, M.; Mendoza, A.; Sinnott, R. Exploring Micro and Macro Level Appropriation of an E- learning Platform : A Study in a Middle Eastern and a Western Educational Contexts. . Australasian Conference on Information Systems ACIS. 2017.
- Winfree, T.; Goldacre, P.; Sherkat, M.; Graham, P.; Mendoza, A.; Miller, T. Learning for Low Carbon Living: The potential of mobile learning applications for built environment trades and professionals in Australia. Procedia Engineering. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 180, pp. 1773-1783. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.04.340
- Mendoza, A.; Sondergaard, H.; Venables, A. Making sense of a learning management system's quiz analytics in understanding students' learning difficulties. . Australasian Association for Engineering Education. 2017, pp. 112-119.
- Pedell, S.; Keirnan, A.; Priday, G.; Miller, T.; Mendoza, A.; Lopez-lorca, A.; Sterling, L. Methods for Supporting Older Users in Communicating Their Emotions at Different Phases of a Living Lab Project. TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION MANAGEMENT REVIEW. Carleton University. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp. 7-19.
- Bosua, R.; Kurnia, S.; Gloet, M.; Mendoza, A. Telework Impact on Productivity and Wellbeing: An Australian Study. . Routledge. 2017, pp. 201-288. DOI: 10.4324/9781315677316
- Mendoza, A.; Shallcross, D. Assessment and rapid feedback for oral presentations. . University of Manchester. 2016, pp. 5-12.
- Sherkat, M.; Miller, T.; Mendoza, A. Does It Fit Me Better? User Segmentation in Requirements Engineering. Proceedings - Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, APSEC. IEEE. 2016, pp. 65-72. DOI: 10.1109/APSEC.2016.020
- Adamovic, M.; Gulyas, A.; Olsen, J.; Gahan, P.; Shallcross, D.; Mendoza, A. Explaining the take-up of virtual work: The role of virtual self-efficacy and virtual work climate. Academy of Management Proceedings. Academy of Management. 2016, Vol. 2016, Issue 1, pp. 1348-1352. DOI: 10.5465/AMBPP.2016.232
- Everard, S.; Mendoza, A.; Kurnia, S. Preparing Seniors for e-Health: A Study on the Readiness of Their Technology Tutors. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2016 - Proceedings. AiSel. 2016, pp. 1-10.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile