Associate Professor Shanton Chang
- Health information seeking behaviour
- International education
- Online Behaviour, Information Needs, IT Security and Organisational Culture, Multicultural Workgroups (IT in a Global Environment, Relationships between Culture and IS, Change Management, Qualitative Research Methodologies)
- Technology adoption
- Technology in education
- Young people's online behaviour
Associate Professor Shanton Chang is a research and teaching academic at The Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. He is also Assistant Dean (International) at the Melbourne School of Information.
Research interests include:
- Online behaviour from a socio-technical perspective (with particular interest in health, business and educational contexts)
- Information needs and information seeking behaviour
- IT security and organisational culture
- IT in a global environment
- Change management
- Qualitative research methodologies
- Molok, NNA.; Ahmad, A.; Chang, S. A case analysis of securing organisations against information leakage through online social networking. International Journal of Information Management. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2018, Vol. 43, pp. 351-356. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2018.08.013
- Alshaikh, M.; Maynard, S.; Ahmad, A.; Chang, S. An Exploratory Study of Current Information Security Training and Awareness Practices in Organizations. . University of Hawaii Press. 2018.
- Murad, A.; Bosua, R.; Chang, S.; Lederman, R.; Wark, JD. Informing the Design of a health virtual community of practice: a knowledge translation approach. . Association of Information Systems. 2018.
- Martin, F.; Chang, S.; Gomes, C. Navigating Online Down Under: International Students’ Digital Journeys in Australia. . Rowman & Littlefield. 2018, pp. 3-23.
- Pang, PC-I.; Chang, S.; Verspoor, K.; Clavisi, O. The Use of Web-Based Technologies in Health Research Participation: Qualitative Study of Consumer and Researcher Experiences. Journal of medical Internet research. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2018, Vol. 20, Issue 10. DOI: 10.2196/12094
- Chang, S.; Gomes, C. Digital Journeys: A Perspective on Understanding the Digital Experiences of International Students. Journal of International Students. UNIV LOUISIANA MONROE. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp. 347-366.
- Pang, PC-I.; Clavisi, O.; Chang, S. Engaging Consumers with Musculoskeletal Conditions in Health Research: A User-entred Perspective. Studies in health technology and informatics. IOS PRESS. 2017, Vol. 239, pp. 104-111. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-104
- Murad, A.; Lederman, R.; Bosua, R.; Chang, S.; Wark, JD. Enhancing General Practitioners Participation in a Virtual Community of Practice for Continuing Medical Education: An Exploratory Study. Studies in health technology and informatics. IOS PRESS. 2017, Vol. 239, pp. 97-103. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-97
- Abdulaziz, M.; Lederman, R.; Bosua, R.; Chang, S.; Wark, JD. Health Practitioner Perceptions of using a Health Virtual Community of Practice for their Continuing Professional Development. . AISel. 2017.
- Mckay, D.; Chang, S.; Smith, W. Manoeuvres in the dark: Design implications of the physical mechanics of library shelf browsing. CHIIR 2017 - Proceedings of the 2017 Conference Human Information Interaction and Retrieval. 2017, pp. 47-56. DOI: 10.1145/3020165.3020179
- Heffernan, KJ.; Vetere, F.; Chang, S. Military Insertables Lessons from Civilian Use. IEEE Technology and Society Magazine. IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC. 2017, Vol. 36, Issue 1, pp. 58-61. DOI: 10.1109/MTS.2017.2654290
- Alzougool, B.; Chang, S.; Gray, K. The effects of informal carers' characteristics on their information needs: The information needs state approach. Informatics for Health and Social Care. TAYLOR & FRANCIS INC. 2017, Vol. 42, Issue 3, pp. 261-273. DOI: 10.1080/17538157.2016.1221409
- Heffernan, KJ.; Vetere, F.; Chang, S. Towards insertables: Devices inside the human body. First Monday. 2017, Vol. 22, Issue 3. DOI: 10.5210/fm.v22i3.6214
- Murad, A.; Lederman, R.; Bosua, R.; Chang, S.; Wark, J. Design Considerations for a Virtual Community of Practice for Health Practitioners: A Learner Centred Design Approach. . University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Pang, PC-I.; Chang, S.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J. Designing Health Websites Based on Users' Web-Based Information-Seeking Behaviors: A Mixed-Method Observational Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2016, Vol. 18, Issue 6. DOI: 10.2196/jmir.5661
- Chang, S.; Imhoff, M.; Ustrup, SM. Engineering and information technology: Challenges and opportunities for exchange studies. . IGI Global. 2016, pp. 300-324. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0169-5.ch012
- Pang, PC-I.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J.; Chang, S. Finding and Exploring Health Information with a Slider-Based User Interface. Studies in health technology and informatics. IOS PRESS. 2016, Vol. 227, pp. 106-112. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-666-8-106
- Heffernan, KJ.; Chang, S.; Maclean, ST.; Callegari, ET.; Garland, SM.; Reavley, NJ.; Varigos, GA.; Wark, JD. Guidelines and Recommendations for Developing Interactive eHealth Apps for Complex Messaging in Health Promotion. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp. 288-298. DOI: 10.2196/mhealth.4423
- Tabesh, M.; Garland, SM.; Gorelik, A.; Nankervis, A.; Maclean, S.; Callegari, ET.; Chang, S.; Heffernan, K.; Wark, JD. Improving Vitamin D Status and Related Health in Young Women: The Safe-D study - Part B. JMIR Research Protocols. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 2. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.5465
- Pang, PCI.; Chang, S.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J. Innovation in designing health information websites: Results from a quantitative study. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2016 - Proceedings. AISel. 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile