Associate Professor Harald Sondergaard
- Boolean functions (Data structures and algorithms for Boolean functions)
- Fixed point theory (Lattices; Order; Algorithms)
- Program transformation (Compilation; Partial evaluation)
- Programming languages (Programming language semantics; Declarative programming)
- Software verification
- Static analysis of software (Abstract interpretation)
Harald Søndergaard is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. His primary research areas are software reliability and security, program analysis, software verification, and declarative programming languages.
Harald received an MSc in Computer Science in 1987 and a PhD in 1989, both from the University of Copenhagen. He has been a member of academic staff at the University of Melbourne since 1990, serving as Deputy Head of Department in 2002-2003, as Associate Dean (Learning) in the Engineering Faculty from November 2001 to June 2006, and as Assistant Dean (Teaching Quality) in the Melbourne School of Engineering from July 2007 to June 2009. He currently serves as Graduate Research Coordinator in Computing and Information Systems, with administrative responsibility for more than 180 PhD students.
Harald has received national awards for teaching excellence (the inaugural CORE Teaching Award 2007 and a citation from the Australian Learning and Teaching Council in the same year) in addition to many local university awards. He has been a member of the University's Teaching and Learning Development Committee for more than a decade and he publishes regularly on engineering and computer science education.
- Amadini R, Gange G, Gauthier F, Jordan A, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey PJ, Zhang C. Reference Abstract Domains and Applications to String Analysis. FUNDAMENTA INFORMATICAE. IOS Press. 2018, Vol. 158, Issue 4. DOI: 10.3233/FI-2018-1650
- Kafle B, Gange G, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A benders decomposition approach to deciding modular linear integer arithmetic. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10491 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66263-3_24
- Alatawi E, Sondergaard H, Miller T. Leveraging Abstract Interpretation for Efficient Dynamic Symbolic Execution. 32nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE). IEEE. 2017. Editors: Rosu G, Dipenta M, Nguyen TN.
- Mendoza A, Sondergaard H, Venables A. Making sense of a learning management system's quiz analytics in understanding students' learning difficulties. 28th Annual Conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education. Australasian Association for Engineering Education. 2017. Editors: Huda N, Inglis D, Tse N, Town G.
- Wang W, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A Bit-Vector Solver with Word-Level Propagation. 13th International Conference on Integration of Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research Techniques in Constraint Programming (CPAIOR). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9676. Editors: Quimper CG. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-33954-2_27
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A complete refinement procedure for regular separability of context-free languages. THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 625. DOI: 10.1016/j.tcs.2016.01.026
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. An Abstract Domain of Uninterpreted Functions. 17th International Conference on Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation (VMCAI). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9583. Editors: Jobstmann B, Leino KRM. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-49122-5_4
- Lin Y, Miller T, Sondergaard H. Compositional Symbolic Execution: Incremental Solving Revisited. 2016 23RD ASIA-PACIFIC SOFTWARE ENGINEERING CONFERENCE (APSEC 2016). IEEE. 2016. Editors: Potanin A, Murphy GC, Reeves S, Dietrich J. DOI: 10.1109/APSEC.2016.49
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Exploiting Sparsity in Difference-Bound Matrices. 23rd International Symposium on Static Analysis (SAS). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9837. Editors: Rival X. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-53413-7_10
- Alatawi E, Miller T, Sondergaard H. Generating Source Inputs for Metamorphic Testing Using Dynamic Symbolic Execution. 1st IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Metamorphic Testing (MET). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 16. DOI: 10.1145/2896971.2896980
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A Tool for Intersecting Context-Free Grammars and Its Applications. 7th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9058. Editors: Havelund K, Holzmann G, Joshi R. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-17524-9_31
- Cornish JR, Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Analyzing Array Manipulating Programs by Program Transformation. 24th International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 8981. Editors: Proietti M, Seki H. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-17822-6_1
- Lin Y, Miller T, Sondergaard H. Compositional Symbolic Execution using Fine-Grained Summaries. 2015 24TH AUSTRALASIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING CONFERENCE (ASWEC 2015). IEEE. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/ASWEC.2015.32
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Horn clauses as an intermediate representation for program analysis and transformation. 31st International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP) Co-located with the 21st International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP). Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 15. DOI: 10.1017/S1471068415000204
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile