Professor Peter Stuckey
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Constraint Programming
- Declarative Languages
Peter Stuckey is an Adjunct Professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne and a Professor in the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University.
Prof Stuckey is a pioneer in constraint programming, helping to develop the semantics and one of the earliest systems. He led the G12 project, a software platform for solving large scale industrial combinatorial optimisation problems. The system uses Constraint Programming (CP) to allow problems to be stated simply, and then solved efficiently. Both solution development time and computing time and scalability can be dramatically reduced. Advanced software engineering is used to encapsulate algorithms from several different disciplines, so they can be reused and combined freely. Program development can be accelerated by mapping low level computation back to the problem model enabling the programmer to analyse and improve algorithm behaviour. This research will enable Australian industry to exploit resources more efficiently; it will support more efficient management of complex private and public utilities such as transportation, communication, power and water; and it will support optimal and justifiable strategic decision making and investment.
- De Una D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. Compiling CP subproblems to MDDs and d-DNNFs. CONSTRAINTS. Springer. 2019, Vol. 24, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s10601-018-9297-2
- Codish M, Miller A, Prosser P, Stuckey P. Constraints for symmetry breaking in graph representation. CONSTRAINTS. Springer. 2019, Vol. 24, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s10601-018-9294-5
- Konagurthu AS, Subramanian R, Allison L, Abramson D, De La Banda MG, Stuckey P, Lesk AM. Information-Theoretic Inference of an Optimal Dictionary of Protein Supersecondary Structures.. Methods in Molecular Biology. Humana Press. 2019, Vol. 1958. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4939-9161-7_6
- Ganji M, Chan J, Stuckey P, Bailey J, Leckie C, Kotagiri R, Park L. Semi-supervised blockmodelling with pairwise guidance. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2019, Vol. 11052 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-10928-8_10
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. Short-term planning for open pit mines: a review. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MINING RECLAMATION AND ENVIRONMENT. Taylor & Francis. 2019, Vol. 33, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/17480930.2018.1448248
- Wang W, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Wombit: A Portfolio Bit-Vector Solver Using Word-Level Propagation. Journal of Automated Reasoning. 2019, Vol. 63, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10817-018-9493-1
- Kafle B, Gallagher JP, Gange G, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. An iterative approach to precondition inference using constrained Horn clauses. 34th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP). Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 3-4. DOI: 10.1017/S1471068418000091
- Blom M, Stuckey P, Teague V. Ballot-Polling Risk Limiting Audits for IRV Elections. E-Vote-ID International Joint Conference on Electronic Voting. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11143 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-00419-4_2
- Codish M, Ehlers T, Gange G, Itzhakov A, Stuckey P. Breaking symmetries with lex implications. 14th International Symposium on Functional and Logic Programming (FLOPS). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10818 LNCS. Editors: Gallagher JP, Sulzmann M. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-90686-7_12
- Blom M, Stuckey P, Teague V. Computing the Margin of Victory in Preferential Parliamentary Elections. E-Vote-ID International Joint Conference on Electronic Voting. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11143 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-00419-4_1
- DemiroviĆ E, Stuckey P. Constraint programming for high school timetabling: A scheduling-based model with hot starts. 15th International Conference on Integration of Constraint Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Operations Research (CPAIOR). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10848 LNCS. Editors: Van Hoeve W-J. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93031-2_10
- Artigues C, Hebrard E, Pencole Y, Schutt A, Stuckey P. Data Instance generator and optimization models for evacuation planning in the event of wildfire. 2018 Robust Solutions for Fire Fighting (RSFF). Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2018, Vol. 2146. Editors: Di Stefano G, Navarra A.
- Bjordal G, Flener P, Pearson J, Stuckey P, Tack G. Declarative local-search neighbourhoods in minizinc. Proceedings - International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, ICTAI. 2018, Vol. 2018-November. DOI: 10.1109/ICTAI.2018.00025
- Ganji M, Chan J, Stuckey P, Bailey J, Leckie C, Kotagiri R, Davidson I. Image constrained blockmodelling: A constraint programming approach. Proceedings of the. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2018.
- Ganj M, Bailey J, Stuckey P. Lagrangian constrained community detection. 32nd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile