Professor Rui Zhang
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- Data Mining
- Data analysis Data analytics
- Database systems
- Management of Data and Information
- artificial intelligence (AI)
Rui Zhang is a Professor and Reader in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne. He has been an Australian Research Council Future Fellow (http://www.arc.gov.au/ncgp/futurefel/future_default.htm).
He obtained his Bachelor Degree from Tsinghua University and PhD from National University of Singapore. He has been a visiting scientist at AT&T labs-research New Jersey, Microsoft Research Redmond, and Microsoft Research Asia.
His research interest includes big data, cloud computing, database, data mining, artificial intelligence, deep learning and information management in general, particularly in areas of indexing techniques, moving object management, web services, data streams and sequence databases.
If you are looking for a PhD supervisor, please visit my personal website (http://www.ruizhang.info) before sending me an email.
- Wang S, Bao Z, Huang S, Zhang R. A unified processing paradigm for interactive location-based web search. WSDM 2018 - Proceedings of the 11th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining. 2018, Vol. 2018-Febuary. DOI: 10.1145/3159652.3159667
- Wen Z, Zhang R, Kotagiri R, Yang L. Scalable and fast SVM regression using modern hardware. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-017-0445-1
- Xie H, Karunasekera S, Kulik L, Tanin E, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. A Simulation Study of Emergency Vehicle Prioritization in Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2017 IEEE 85TH VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (VTC SPRING). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. DOI: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2017.8108282
- Cheng W, Monazam Erfani S, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. Accurate recognition of the current activity in the presence of multiple activities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10235 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-57529-2_4
- Sun Y, Yuan NJ, Xie X, McDonald K, Zhang R. Collaborative Intent Prediction with Real-Time Contextual Data. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1145/3041659
- Aljubayrin S, Qi J, Jensen CS, Zhang R, He Z, Li Y. Finding lowest-cost paths in settings with safe and preferred zones. VLDB JOURNAL. Springer. 2017, Vol. 26, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s00778-017-0455-8
- Wen Z, Li B, Kotagiri R, Chen J, Chen Y, Zhang R. Improving efficiency of SVM k-fold cross-validation by alpha seeding. 31st AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI 2017. 2017.
- Kotagiri R, Xie H, Kulik L, Karunasekera S, Tanin E, Zhang R, Bin Khunayn E. SMARTS: Scalable Microscopic Adaptive Road Traffic Simulator. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY. ACM Press. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1145/2898363
- Gu Y, Liu G, Qi J, Xu H, Yu G, Zhang R. The Moving K Diversified Nearest Neighbor Query (Extended Abstract). 2017 IEEE 33RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE 2017). IEEE Computer Society. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICDE.2017.22
- Sun Y, Yuan NJ, Xie X, McDonald K, Zhang R. Collaborative nowcasting for contextual recommendation. 25th International World Wide Web Conference, WWW 2016. 2016. DOI: 10.1145/2872427.2874812
- Sun Y, Yuan NJ, Wang Y, Xie X, McDonald K, Zhang R. Contextual intent tracking for personal assistants. Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. 2016, Vol. 13-17-August-2016. DOI: 10.1145/2939672.2939676
- Aljubayrin S, Yang B, Jensen CS, Zhang R. Finding Non-Dominated Paths in Uncertain Road Networks. 24TH ACM SIGSPATIAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCES IN GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2016). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsam S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G. DOI: 10.1145/2996913.2996964
- Huang J, Zhang R, Buyya R, Chen J, Wu Y. HEADS-JOIN: Efficient Earth Mover's Distance Similarity Joins on Hadoop. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PARALLEL AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS. IEEE Press. 2016, Vol. 27, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1109/TPDS.2015.2462354
- Li C, Gu Y, Qi J, Yu G, Zhang R, Deng Q. INSQ: An Influential Neighbor Set Based Moving kNN Query Processing System. 2016 32ND IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE). IEEE Computer Society. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICDE.2016.7498339
- Lin X, Gu Y, Zhang R, Fan J. Linking News and Tweets. 27th Australasian Database Conference (ADC). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9877. Editors: Cheema MA, Zhang W, Chang L. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-46922-5_41
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile