Professor Rui Zhang
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data analysis and Data analytics
- Database systems
- Management of Data and Information
Rui Zhang is a Professor and Reader in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne. He has been an Australian Research Council Future Fellow (http://www.arc.gov.au/ncgp/futurefel/future_default.htm).
He obtained his Bachelor Degree from Tsinghua University and PhD from National University of Singapore. He has been a visiting scientist at AT&T labs-research New Jersey, Microsoft Research Redmond, and Microsoft Research Asia.
His research interest includes big data, cloud computing, database, data mining, artificial intelligence, deep learning and information management in general, particularly in areas of indexing techniques, moving object management, web services, data streams and sequence databases.
If you are looking for a PhD supervisor, please visit my personal website (http://www.ruizhang.info) before sending me an email.
- Hashem T, Kulik L, Kotagiri R, Zhang R, Soma SC. Protecting privacy for distance and rank based group nearest neighbor queries. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2019, Vol. 22, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-018-0570-5
- Zheng T, Zheng X, Zhang Y, Deng Y, Dong E, Zhang R, Liu X. SmartVM: a SLA-aware microservice deployment framework. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2019, Vol. 22, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-018-0562-5
- Wang X, Qi J, Kotagiri R, Sun Y, Li B, Zhang R. A joint optimization approach for personalized recommendation diversification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10939 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93040-4_47
- Wang S, Bao Z, Huang S, Zhang R. A Unified Processing Paradigm for Interactive Location-based Web Search. 11th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2018, Vol. 2018-Febuary. DOI: 10.1145/3159652.3159667
- Yin C, Zhang R, Qi J, Sun Y, Tan T. Context-Uncertainty-Aware Chatbot Action Selection via Parameterized Auxiliary Reinforcement Learning. 22nd Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10937. Editors: Phung D, Tseng VS, Webb GI, Ho B, Ganji M, Rashidi L. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93034-3_40
- Qi J, Kumar V, Zhang R, Tanin E, Trajcevski G, Scheuermann P. Continuous maintenance of range sum heat maps. Proceedings - IEEE 34th International Conference on Data Engineering, ICDE 2018. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICDE.2018.00192
- Qi J, Zhang R, Jensen CS, Kotagiri R, He J. Continuous Spatial Query Processing: A Survey of Safe Region Based Techniques. ACM COMPUTING SURVEYS. Association for Computing Machinery. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1145/3193835
- Li M, Bao Z, Sellis T, Yan S, Zhang R. HomeSeeker: A visual analytics system of real estate data. JOURNAL OF VISUAL LANGUAGES AND COMPUTING. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 45. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvlc.2018.02.001
- Jiang W, Qi J, Yu JX, Huang J, Zhang R. HyperX: A Scalable Hypergraph Framework. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. IEEE Computer Society. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TKDE.2018.2848257
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Valaee S, Shang J, Zhang R. Locomotion Activity Recognition Using Stacked Denoising Autoencoders. IEEE INTERNET OF THINGS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2018.2823084
- Cheng W, Monazam Erfani S, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. Predicting complex activities from ongoing multivariate time series. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2018, Vol. 2018-July.
- Wen Z, Zhang R, Kotagiri R, Yang L. Scalable and fast SVM regression using modern hardware. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-017-0445-1
- Wang X, Wen J-R, Dou Z, Sakai T, Zhang R. Search Result Diversity Evaluation Based on Intent Hierarchies. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON KNOWLEDGE AND DATA ENGINEERING. IEEE Computer Society. 2018, Vol. 30, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TKDE.2017.2729559
- Qi J, Tao Y, Chang Y, Zhang R. Theoretically Optimal and Empirically Efficient R-trees with Strong Parallelizability. PROCEEDINGS OF THE VLDB ENDOWMENT. VLDB Endowment. 2018, Vol. 11, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1145/3177732.3177738
- Zhao C, Zhang R, Qi J. Web Page Template and Data Separation for Better Maintainability. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11233 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-02922-7_30
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile