Professor Rui Zhang
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data analysis and Data analytics
- Database systems
- Management of Data and Information
Rui Zhang is a Professor and Reader in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne. He has been an Australian Research Council Future Fellow (http://www.arc.gov.au/ncgp/futurefel/future_default.htm).
He obtained his Bachelor Degree from Tsinghua University and PhD from National University of Singapore. He has been a visiting scientist at AT&T labs-research New Jersey, Microsoft Research Redmond, and Microsoft Research Asia.
His research interest includes big data, cloud computing, database, data mining, artificial intelligence, deep learning and information management in general, particularly in areas of indexing techniques, moving object management, web services, data streams and sequence databases.
If you are looking for a PhD supervisor, please visit my personal website (http://www.ruizhang.info) before sending me an email.
- Wang X, Qi J, Kotagiri R, Sun Y, Li B, Zhang R. A joint optimization approach for personalized recommendation diversification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10939 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93040-4_47
- Wang S, Bao Z, Huang S, Zhang R. A unified processing paradigm for interactive location-based web search. WSDM 2018 - Proceedings of the 11th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining. 2018, Vol. 2018-Febuary. DOI: 10.1145/3159652.3159667
- Yin C, Zhang R, Qi J, Sun Y, Tan T. Context-Uncertainty-Aware Chatbot Action Selection via Parameterized Auxiliary Reinforcement Learning. 22nd Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10937. Editors: Phung D, Tseng VS, Webb GI, Ho B, Ganji M, Rashidi L. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93034-3_40
- Qi J, Zhang R, Jensen CS, Kotagiri R, He J. Continuous Spatial Query Processing: A Survey of Safe Region Based Techniques. ACM COMPUTING SURVEYS. Association for Computing Machinery. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1145/3193835
- Li M, Bao Z, Sellis T, Yan S, Zhang R. HomeSeeker: A visual analytics system of real estate data. JOURNAL OF VISUAL LANGUAGES AND COMPUTING. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 45. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvlc.2018.02.001
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Valaee S, Shang J, Zhang R. Locomotion Activity Recognition Using Stacked Denoising Autoencoders. IEEE INTERNET OF THINGS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2018.2823084
- Hashem T, Kulik L, Kotagiri R, Zhang R, Soma SC. Protecting privacy for distance and rank based group nearest neighbor queries. World Wide Web. Springer. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-018-0570-5
- Wen Z, Zhang R, Kotagiri R, Yang L. Scalable and fast SVM regression using modern hardware. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-017-0445-1
- Wang X, Wen J-R, Dou Z, Sakai T, Zhang R. Search Result Diversity Evaluation Based on Intent Hierarchies. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON KNOWLEDGE AND DATA ENGINEERING. IEEE Computer Society. 2018, Vol. 30, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TKDE.2017.2729559
- Zheng T, Zheng X, Zhang Y, Deng Y, Dong EX, Zhang R, Liu X. SmartVM: a SLA-aware microservice deployment framework. World Wide Web. Springer. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-018-0562-5
- Qi J, Tao Y, Chang Y, Zhang R. Theoretically Optimal and Empirically Efficient R-trees with Strong Parallelizability. PROCEEDINGS OF THE VLDB ENDOWMENT. VLDB Endowment. 2018, Vol. 11, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1145/3177732.3177738
- Xie H, Karunasekera S, Kulik L, Tanin E, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. A Simulation Study of Emergency Vehicle Prioritization in Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2017 IEEE 85TH VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (VTC SPRING). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. DOI: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2017.8108282
- Cheng W, Monazam Erfani S, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. Accurate recognition of the current activity in the presence of multiple activities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10235 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-57529-2_4
- Sun Y, Yuan NJ, Xie X, McDonald K, Zhang R. Collaborative Intent Prediction with Real-Time Contextual Data. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1145/3041659
- Aljubayrin S, Qi J, Jensen CS, Zhang R, He Z, Li Y. Finding lowest-cost paths in settings with safe and preferred zones. VLDB JOURNAL. Springer. 2017, Vol. 26, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s00778-017-0455-8
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile