Professor Adrian Pearce
- Automated Planning & Scheduling
- Optimisation in multi-agent systems and supply chains
- Reasoning about Action and Epistemic Reasoning
Professor in School of Computing and Information Systems, Director of the Defence Science Institute (DSI), and Research Leader of the Melbourne Mining Integrator (MMI)
Researcher and innovator in planning and scheduling. My research has improved the efficiency and robustness of a range of applications including production planning for mining, supply chain optimization, robotics, logistics, air traffic management and autonomous systems.
Contributed deeply in research on reasoning about actions within the field of artificial intelligence. In conjunction with an excellent group of colleagues in the AI and Autonomy and optimisation group, we have made fundamental breakthroughs in the ability to perform collaborative planning and scheduling.
Our research group tackles optimization problems, including more efficient and productive supply chain management for agile mine scheduling.
My specialities include: Supply chain optimization, automated planning and scheduling; reasoning about action and change; optimisation in multi-agent systems; knowledge representation and reasoning; and artificial intelligence.
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey PJ. Multi-objective short-term production scheduling for open-pit mines: a hierarchical decomposition-based algorithm. Engineering Optimization. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/0305215X.2018.1429601
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey PJ. Short-term planning for open pit mines: a review. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment. Taylor & Francis. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/17480930.2018.1448248
- Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Social planning for Trusted Autonomy. Foundations of Trusted Autonomy. Springer International Publishing. 2018. Editors: Abbass H, Scholz J, Reid D. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-64816-3
- Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg L. Social planning for trusted autonomy. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control. 2018, Vol. 117. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-64816-3_4
- Ramirez M, Papasimeon M, Benke L, Lipovetzky N, Miller T, Pearce A. Real-time UAV maneuvering via automated planning in simulations. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2017.
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. Short-term scheduling of an open-pit mine with multiple objectives. ENGINEERING OPTIMIZATION. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/0305215X.2016.1218002
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. A Decomposition-Based Algorithm for the Scheduling of Open-Pit Networks Over Multiple Time Periods. MANAGEMENT SCIENCE. Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. 2016, Vol. 62, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1287/mnsc.2015.2284
- Miller T, Felli P, Muise C, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Knowing Whether in proper epistemic knowledge bases. 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). 2016.
- Muise C, Felli P, Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Planning for a single agent in a multi-agent environment using FOND. 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). AAAI Press. 2016, Vol. 2016-January.
- Davies T, Pearce A, Stuckey P, Lipovetzky N. Sequencing operator counts. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2016, Vol. 2016-January.
- De Giacomo G, Lesperance Y, Pearce A. Situation Calculus Game Structures and GDL. 22nd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI). IOS Press. 2016, Vol. 285. Editors: Kaminka GA, Fox M, Bouquet P, Hullermeier E, Dignum V, Dignum F, Vanharmelen F. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-672-9-408
- Sonenberg E, Miller T, Pearce A, Felli P, Muise CJ, Dignum F. Social planning for social HRI. 2nd Workshop on Cognitive Architectures for Social Human-Robot Interaction (CogArch4sHRI). arXiv.org. 2016, Vol. abs/1602.06483. Editors: Baxter P, Trafton G, Lemaignan S.
- Muise C, Dignum F, Felli P, Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Towards team formation via automated planning. International Workshop on Coordination, Organisation, Institutions and Norms in Multi-Agent Systems (COIN@IJCAI). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9628. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-42691-4_16
- Kelly RF, Pearce A. Asynchronous knowledge with hidden actions in the situation calculus. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. Elsevier BV. 2015, Vol. 221. DOI: 10.1016/j.artint.2014.12.005
- Felli P, Miller T, Muise C, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Computing social behaviours using agent models. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2015, Vol. 2015-January.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile