Professor Robin Evans
- Control Systems
- Radar Systems
- Signal Processing
Rob Evans is a Laureate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Evans is also the Director of the Victoria Research Laboratory of National ICT Australia (NICTA) at The University of Melbourne.
After completing a BEng degree in electrical engineering at The University of Melbourne in 1969, he worked as a radar systems engineering officer with the Royal Australian Airforce. He completed a PhD in 1975 at the University of Newcastle followed by postdoctoral studies at the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems, MIT, and the Control and Management Department, Cambridge University, UK. In 1977 he took up an academic position at the University of Newcastle, where he was Head of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering from 1986-1991, and Co-Director of the Centre on Industrial Control Systems between 1988-1991.
In 1992 he moved to The University of Melbourne, where he was Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering until 1996. He was research leader for the Cooperative Centre for Sensor Signal and Information Processing until 2000 and Director of the Centre for Networked Decision Systems until 2004. His research has ranged across many areas including theory and applications in industrial control, radar systems, signal processing and telecommunications. Prof Evans is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science (FAA), a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (FTSE), and Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia (FIEAust) and a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (FIEEE).
- Alpcan T, Nekouei E, Nair G, Evans R. An Information Analysis of Iterative Algorithms for Network Utility Maximization and Strategic Games. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2018.2802869
- Nekouei E, Alpcan T, Nair G, Evans R. Convergence Analysis of Quantized Primal-Dual Algorithms in Network Utility Maximization Problems. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL OF NETWORK SYSTEMS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2016.2606897
- Eltom H, Kandeepan S, Liang YC, Evans R. Cooperative Soft Fusion for HMM based Spectrum Occupancy Prediction. IEEE Communications Letters. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/LCOMM.2018.2861008
- Al Homssi B, Al-Hourani A, Evans R, Chavez KG, Kandeepan S, Rowe WST, Loney M. Free Spectrum for IoT: How Much Can It Take?. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops, ICC Workshops 2018 - Proceedings. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2018.8403749
- Sun L, Melatos A, Suvorova S, Moran W, Evans R. Hidden Markov model tracking of continuous gravitational waves from young supernova remnants. PHYSICAL REVIEW D. American Physical Society. 2018, Vol. 97, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.97.043013
- Amarasekara B, Ranaweera C, Evans R, Nirmalathas A. Hierarchical aggregation method for a scalable implementation of demand side management. COMPUTERS & OPERATIONS RESEARCH. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 96. DOI: 10.1016/j.cor.2017.10.008
- Eltom H, Kandeepan S, Evans R, Liang YC, Ristic B. Statistical spectrum occupancy prediction for dynamic spectrum access: a classification. EURASIP JOURNAL ON WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2018. DOI: 10.1186/s13638-017-1019-8
- Hourani A, Evans R, Kandeepan S, Moran W, Eltom H. Stochastic Geometry Methods for Modeling Automotive Radar Interference. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TITS.2016.2632309
- Yong J, Hassan B, Liang Y, Ganesan K, Rajasekharan Unnithan R, Evans R, Egan G, Kavehei O, Li J, Chana G, Nasr B, Skafidas E. A Silk Fibroin Bio-Transient Solution Processable Memristor. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-15395-5
- Jiang L, Marconcini P, Hossian MS, Qiu W, Evans R, MacUcci M, Skafidas E. A tight binding and (k)over-right-arrow . (p)over-right-arrow study of monolayer stanene. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-12281-y
- Hettiarachchi NDJ, Kandeepan S, Evans R. Automobile Radar Co-Channel Interference Modeling, Simulation and Outage Analysis. 2017 5TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICOIC7). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICoICT.2017.8074707
- Nowzohour C, Maathuis MH, Evans R, BÜhlmann P. Distributional equivalence and structure learning for bow-free acyclic path diagrams. Electronic Journal of Statistics. Institute of Mathematical Statistics. 2017, Vol. 11, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1214/17-EJS1372
- Amarasekara B, Ranaweera C, Evans R, Nirmalathas A. Dynamic scheduling algorithm for LTE uplink with smart-metering traffic. TRANSACTIONS ON EMERGING TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2017, Vol. 28, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1002/ett.3163
- Chandrasekharan S, Kandeepan S, Evans R. EE-CAN: Energy Efficient Clustering in Aerial Networks. 11th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS). IEEE. 2017. Editors: Wysocki TA, Wysocki BJ.
- Al-Hourani A, Evans R, Moran B, Kandeepan S, Parampalli U. Efficient Range-Doppler Processing for Random Stepped Frequency Radar in Automotive Applications. 2017 IEEE 85TH VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (VTC SPRING). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. DOI: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2017.8108414
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile