Dr Atif Ahmad
- Information Security Management
Dr Atif Ahmad CPP is interested in how organisations practice Information Security Management. Over the last fifteen years Dr Ahmad has developed innovative security practices in strategy, risk, culture, governance, training and policy. He is particularly interested in how organisations can protect their competitively sensitive knowledge from leakage and how they can effectively learn from past security incidents.
- Molok NNA, Ahmad A, Chang S. A case analysis of securing organisations against information leakage through online social networking. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 43. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2018.08.013
- Alshaikh M, Maynard S, Ahmad A, Chang S. An Exploratory Study of Current Information Security Training and Awareness Practices in Organizations. 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. University of Hawaii Press. 2018.
- Naseer H, Maynard S, Ahmad A, Shanks G. Cybersecurity risk management using analytics: A dynamic capabilities approach. International Conference on Information Systems. 2018.
- Naseer H, Ahmad A, Maynard S, Shanks G. Cybersecurity Risk Management Using Analytics: A Dynamic Capabilities Approach. BRIDGING THE INTERNET OF PEOPLE, DATA, AND THINGS. AISel. 2018.
- Maynard S, Onibere M, Ahmad A. Defining the Strategic Role of the Chief Information Security Officer. PACIFIC ASIA JOURNAL OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Information Systems. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 3. DOI: 10.17705/1PAIS.10303
- Ahmad A, Baskerville R, Webb J, Maynard S, Shanks G. Organizational Security Learning from Incident Response. ICIS 2017 Proceedings. 2018.
- Agudelo-Serna CA, Ahmad A, Bosua R, Maynard S. Strategies to Mitigate Knowledge Leakage Risk caused by the use of mobile devices: A Preliminary Study. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. 2018.
- Maynard S, Tan T, Ahmad A, Ruighaver T. Towards a Framework for Strategic Security Context in Information Security Governance. PACIFIC ASIA JOURNAL OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Association for Information Systems. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 4. DOI: 10.17705/1PAIS.10403
- Pitruzzello S, Ahmad A, Maynard S. A Framework for Mitigating Leakage of Competitively Sensitive Knowledge in Start-ups. Australasian Conference on Information Systems. 2017.
- Agudelo Serna C, Bosua R, Maynard S, Ahmad A. Addressing Knowledge Leakage Risk caused by the use of mobile devices in Australian Organizations. Societal Transformation through IS/IT. AISel. 2017.
- Tan T, Maynard S, Ahmad A, Ruighaver AB. Information Security Governance: A Case Study of the Strategic Context of Information Security. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems. Association for Information Systems. 2017.
- Horne C, Maynard S, Ahmad A. Organisational Information Security Strategy: Review, Discussion and Future Research. AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. University of Canberra, School of Information Sciences and Engineering. 2017, Vol. 21. DOI: 10.3127/ajis.v21i0.1427
- Onibere M, Ahmad A, Maynard S. The Chief Information Security Officer and the Five Dimensions of a Strategist. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems. 2017.
- Naseer H, Shanks G, Ahmad A, Maynard S. Towards an analytics-driven information security risk management: A contingent resource based perspective. European Conference on Information Systems. 2017.
- Richardson M, Bosua R, Clark K, Webb J, Ahmad A, Maynard S. Towards responsive regulation of the Internet of Things: Australian perspectives. INTERNET POLICY REVIEW. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 1. DOI: 10.14763/2017.1.455
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile