Professor Rao Kotagiri
- Large Databases, Machine Leraning, Data Mining, Information Retrieval, Network Security, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing (Databases, Machine Leraning, Information Retrieval, Data mining)
Current research interests
Machine Learning and Data mining
Robust Agent Systems
Logic Programming and Deductive Databases
Bioinformatics and Medical Imaging
- Hussain M, Bhuiyan A, Ishikawa H, Smith RT, Schuman JS, Kotagiri R. An automated method for choroidal thickness measurement from Enhanced Depth Imaging Optical Coherence Tomography images. COMPUTERIZED MEDICAL IMAGING AND GRAPHICS. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 63. DOI: 10.1016/j.compmedimag.2018.01.001
- Panyam NC, Verspoor C, Cohn T, Kotagiri R. Exploiting graph kernels for high performance biomedical relation extraction. JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL SEMANTICS. Biomed Central. 2018, Vol. 9. DOI: 10.1186/s13326-017-0168-3
- Dissanayake CM, Kotagiri R, Halgamuge MN, Moran B. Improving accuracy of elephant localization using sound probes. APPLIED ACOUSTICS. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 129. DOI: 10.1016/j.apacoust.2017.07.007
- Wen Z, Zhang R, Kotagiri R, Yang L. Scalable and fast SVM regression using modern hardware. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-017-0445-1
- Neelofar N, Naish L, Kotagiri R. Spectral-based fault localization using hyperbolic function. SOFTWARE-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2018, Vol. 48, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1002/spe.2527
- Xie H, Karunasekera S, Kulik L, Tanin E, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. A Simulation Study of Emergency Vehicle Prioritization in Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2017 IEEE 85TH VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (VTC SPRING). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. DOI: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2017.8108282
- Cheng W, Monazam Erfani S, Zhang R, Kotagiri R. Accurate recognition of the current activity in the presence of multiple activities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10235 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-57529-2_4
- Hussain M, Bhuiyan A, Turpin A, Luu C, Smith RT, Guymer R, Kotagiri R. Automatic Identification of Pathology-Distorted Retinal Layer Boundaries Using SD-OCT Imaging. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 64, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1109/TBME.2016.2619120
- Bhuiyan A, Hussain A, Mian A, Wong T, Kotagiri R, Kanagasingam Y. Biometric authentication system using retinal vessel pattern and geometric hashing. IET BIOMETRICS. Institution of Engineering and Technology. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1049/iet-bmt.2015.0024
- Bin Khunayn E, Karunasekera S, Xie H, Kotagiri R. Exploiting Data Dependency to Mitigate Stragglers in Distributed Spatial Simulation. GIS: Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2017, Vol. 2017-November. DOI: 10.1145/3139958.3140018
- Cao L, Sun F, Liu X, Huang W, Cheng W, Kotagiri R. Fix-budget and recurrent data mining for online haptic perception. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10638 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-70139-4_59
- Kotagiri R, Qi J, Tanin E, Motallebi S. From How to Where: Traffic Optimization in the Era of Automated Vehicles (Vision Paper). GIS: Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2017, Vol. 2017-November. DOI: 10.1145/3139958.3139997
- Correa O, Kotagiri R, Tanin E, Kulik L. From Ride-Sourcing to Ride-Sharing through Hot-Spots. 14th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous). Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2017.
- Monazam Erfani S, Baktashmotlagh M, Moshtaghi M, Nguyen V, Leckie C, Bailey J, Kotagiri R. From shared subspaces to shared landmarks: A robust multi-source classification approach. 31st AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). 2017.
- Wen Z, Li B, Kotagiri R, Chen J, Chen Y, Zhang R. Improving efficiency of SVM k-fold cross-validation by alpha seeding. 31st AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI 2017. 2017.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile