Associate Professor Timothy Miller
- Artificial Intelligence (Autonomous systems)
- Artificial Intelligence (Human-agent interaction)
Associate Professor Tim Miller is an academic in the School of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne.
Tim received his PhD in 2005 from the University of Queensland. He spent four years at the University of Liverpool, UK, as a software engineer and postdoctoral researcher associate in the Agent ART group. In 2008, he moved to Melbourne to take up his current post. Tim's primary interest lies in the area of artificial intelligence, in particular human-agent interaction.
- Miller T, Niu J, Chapman M, McBurney P. An overview and evaluation of the cat market design competition. The Oxford Handbook of Computational Economics and Finance. 2018. DOI: 10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199844371.013.18
- Singh R, Miller T, Newn J, Sonenberg E, Furtado De Mendonca Moncores Velloso E, Vetere F. Combining planning with gaze for online human intention recognition: Socially interactive agents track. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2018, Vol. 1.
- Hoffman R, Miller T, Mueller ST, Klein G, Clancey WJ. Explaining Explanation, Part 4: A Deep Dive on Deep Nets. IEEE INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 33, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/MIS.2018.033001421
- Ramirez M, Benke L, Papasimeon M, Lipovetzky N, Pearce A, Zamani M, Scala E, Miller T. Integrated hybrid planning and programmed control for real-time UAV maneuvering. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2018, Vol. 2.
- Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Social planning for trusted autonomy. Foundations of Trusted Autonomy. 2018, Vol. 117. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-64816-3_4
- Abushark Y, Thangarajah J, Harland J, Miller T. A framework for automatically ensuring the conformance of agent designs. JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 131. DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2017.05.098
- Winfree T, Goldacre P, Sherkat M, Graham P, Mendoza A, Miller T. Learning for low carbon living: The potential of mobile learning applications for built environment trades and professionals in Australia. International High-Performance Built Environment Conference (iHBE). Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 180. Editors: Ding L, Fiorito F, Osmond P. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.04.340
- Alatawi E, Sondergaard H, Miller T. Leveraging Abstract Interpretation for Efficient Dynamic Symbolic Execution. 32nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE). IEEE. 2017. Editors: Rosu G, Dipenta M, Nguyen TN.
- Miller T, Pfau J, Sonenberg E, Kashima Y. Logics of Common Ground. JOURNAL OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH. AI Access Foundation. 2017, Vol. 58. DOI: 10.1613/jair.5381
- Pedell S, Keirnan A, Priday G, Miller T, Mendoza A, Lopez Lorca A, Sterling L. Methods for Supporting Older Users in Communicating Their Emotions at Different Phases of a Living Lab Project. TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION MANAGEMENT REVIEW. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2.
- Ramirez M, Papasimeon M, Benke L, Lipovetzky N, Miller T, Pearce A. Real-time UAV maneuvering via automated planning in simulations. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2017.
- Abushark Y, Miller T, Thangarajah J, Winikoff M, Harland J. Requirements specification via activity diagrams for agent-based systems. AUTONOMOUS AGENTS AND MULTI-AGENT SYSTEMS. Springer. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10458-016-9327-7
- Von Der Osten F, Kirley M, Miller T. Sustainability is possible despite greed - Exploring the nexus between profitability and sustainability in common pool resource systems. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-02151-y
- Von Der Osten F, Kirley M, Miller T. The minds of many: Opponent modelling in a stochastic game. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2017.
- Miller T, Muise C. Belief update for proper epistemic knowledge bases. 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). AAAI Press. 2016, Vol. 2016-January.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile