Professor James Bailey
- Artificial intelligence
- Data mining
- Health informatics
- Immersive Simulation
- Learning Analytics
- Machine learning
James Bailey is a Professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, and has been an Australian Research Council Future Fellow. He is a researcher and educator in machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science.
- Zhou Y, Wijewickrema S, Ioannou I, Bailey J, Kennedy G, Nestel D, O'Leary S. Do experts practice what they profess?. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2018, Vol. 13, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190611
- Romano S, Nguyen X, Verspoor C, Bailey J. The randomized information coefficient: assessing dependencies in noisy data. MACHINE LEARNING. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2018, Vol. 107, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10994-017-5664-2
- Lederman R, Constantinidis D, Linden T, Corrin L, Smith M, Pearce J, Bailey J. Using a Traffic Light System to Provide Feedback to IS Masters Students. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. 2018.
- Ganji M, Bailey J, Stuckey P. A declarative approach to constrained community detection. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10416 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66158-2_31
- Ma X, Wijewickrema S, Zhou S, Zhou Y, Mhammedi Z, O'Leary S, Bailey J. Adversarial generation of real-time feedback with neural networks for Simulation-based training. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2017.
- Naghi Zadeh Kakhki E, Bailey J, Kulik L, Tanin E. Challenges of differentially private release of data under an open-world assumption. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F128636. DOI: 10.1145/3085504.3085531
- Ristanoski G, Soni R, Rajasegarar S, Bailey J, Leckie C. Clustering aided support vector machines. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10358 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-62416-7_23
- Wijewickrema S, Copson B, Zhou Y, Ma X, Briggs R, Bailey J, Kennedy G, O'Leary S. Design and Evaluation of a Virtual Reality Simulation Module for Training Advanced Temporal Bone Surgery. 2017 IEEE 30TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS (CBMS). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. Editors: Bamidis PD, Konstantinidis ST, Rodrigues PP. DOI: 10.1109/CBMS.2017.10
- Liang Z, Liu W, Ploderer B, Bailey J, Kulik L, Li Y. Designing Intelligent Sleep Analysis Systems for Automated Contextual Exploration on Personal Sleep-Tracking Data. 7th International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence (ISAI). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10091. Editors: Otake M, Kurahashi S, Ota Y, Satoh K, Bekki D. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-50953-2_25
- Lei Y, Bezdek J, Chan J, Nguyen X, Romano S, Bailey J. Extending Information-Theoretic Validity Indices for Fuzzy Clustering. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON FUZZY SYSTEMS. IEE Institute of Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/TFUZZ.2016.2584644
- Monazam Erfani S, Baktashmotlagh M, Moshtaghi M, Nguyen V, Leckie C, Bailey J, Kotagiri R. From shared subspaces to shared landmarks: A robust multi-source classification approach. 31st AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). 2017.
- Lei Y, Bezdek J, Romano S, Nguyen X, Chan J, Bailey J. Ground truth bias in external cluster validity indices. PATTERN RECOGNITION. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 65. DOI: 10.1016/j.patcog.2016.12.003
- Lau L, Kankanige Y, Rubinstein B, Jones R, Christophi C, Muralidharan V, Bailey J. Machine-Learning Algorithms Predict Graft Failure After Liver Transplantation. TRANSPLANTATION. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2017, Vol. 101, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1097/TP.0000000000001600
- Ma X, Wijewickrema S, Zhou Y, Zhou S, O Leary S, Bailey J. Providing effective real-time feedback in simulation-based surgical training. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10434 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66185-8_64
- Lei Y, Nguyen X, Chan J, Bailey J. rFILTA: relevant and nonredundant view discovery from collections of clusterings via filtering and ranking. KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer London. 2017, Vol. 52, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s10115-016-1008-y
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile