Professor James Bailey
- Artificial intelligence
- Data mining
- Health informatics
- Immersive Simulation
- Learning Analytics
- Machine learning
James Bailey is a Professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, and has been an Australian Research Council Future Fellow. He is a researcher and educator in machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science.
- Mirmomeni M, Kowsar Y, Kulik L, Bailey J. An automated matrix profile for mining consecutive repeats in time series. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11013 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-97310-4_22
- Zhou Y, Wijewickrema S, Ioannou I, Bailey J, Kennedy G, Nestel D, O'Leary S. Do experts practice what they profess?. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2018, Vol. 13, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190611
- Ganji M, Chan J, Stuckey P, Bailey J, Leckie C, Kotagiri R, Davidson I. Image constrained blockmodelling: A constraint programming approach. SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, SDM 2018. 2018.
- Moshtaghi M, Bezdek JC, Monazam Erfani S, Leckie C, Bailey J. Online cluster validity indices for performance monitoring of streaming data clustering. International Journal of Intelligent Systems. John Wiley & Sons. 2018. DOI: 10.1002/int.22064
- Wijewickrema S, Zhou Y, Ioannou I, Copson B, Piromchai P, Yu C, Briggs R, Bailey J, Kennedy G, O'Leary S. Presentation of automated procedural guidance in surgical simulation: Results of two randomised controlled trials. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. Headley Brothers Invicta Press. 2018, Vol. 132, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1017/S0022215117002626
- Wijewickrema S, Ma X, Piromchai P, Briggs R, Bailey J, Kennedy G, O Leary S. Providing automated real-time technical feedback for virtual reality based surgical training: Is the simpler the better?. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10947 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93843-1_43
- Romano S, Nguyen X, Verspoor C, Bailey J. The randomized information coefficient: assessing dependencies in noisy data. MACHINE LEARNING. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2018, Vol. 107, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10994-017-5664-2
- Amsaleg L, Bailey J, Barbe D, Monazam Erfani S, Houle ME, Nguyen V, Radovanovic M. The vulnerability of learning to adversarial perturbation increases with intrinsic dimensionality. 2017 IEEE Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, WIFS 2017. 2018, Vol. 2018-January. DOI: 10.1109/WIFS.2017.8267651
- Lederman R, Constantinidis D, Linden T, Corrin L, Smith M, Pearce J, Bailey J. Using a Traffic Light System to Provide Feedback to IS Masters Students. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. 2018.
- Ganji M, Bailey J, Stuckey P. A declarative approach to constrained community detection. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10416 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66158-2_31
- Naderivesal S, Kulik L, Bailey J. A fast and accurate index structure for spatiotemporal trajectories. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3144457.3144497
- Ma X, Wijewickrema S, Zhou S, Zhou Y, Mhammedi Z, O'Leary S, Bailey J. Adversarial generation of real-time feedback with neural networks for Simulation-based training. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2017.
- Naghi Zadeh Kakhki E, Bailey J, Kulik L, Tanin E. Challenges of differentially private release of data under an open-world assumption. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F128636. DOI: 10.1145/3085504.3085531
- Ristanoski G, Soni R, Rajasegarar S, Bailey J, Leckie C. Clustering aided support vector machines. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10358 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-62416-7_23
- Wijewickrema S, Copson B, Zhou Y, Ma X, Briggs R, Bailey J, Kennedy G, O'Leary S. Design and Evaluation of a Virtual Reality Simulation Module for Training Advanced Temporal Bone Surgery. 2017 IEEE 30TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS (CBMS). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. Editors: Bamidis PD, Konstantinidis ST, Rodrigues PP. DOI: 10.1109/CBMS.2017.10
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile