Professor James Bailey
- Artificial intelligence
- Data mining
- Health informatics
- Immersive Simulation
- Learning Analytics
- Machine learning
James Bailey is a Professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, and has been an Australian Research Council Future Fellow. He is a researcher and educator in machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science.
- Mirmomeni M, Kowsar Y, Kulik L, Bailey J. An automated matrix profile for mining consecutive repeats in time series. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11013 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-97310-4_22
- Zhou Y, Wijewickrema S, Ioannou I, Bailey J, Kennedy G, Nestel D, O'Leary S. Do experts practice what they profess?. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2018, Vol. 13, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190611
- Ganji M, Chan J, Stuckey P, Bailey J, Leckie C, Kotagiri R, Davidson I. Image constrained blockmodelling: A constraint programming approach. SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, SDM 2018. 2018.
- Wang Y, Liu W, Ma X, Bailey J, Hongyuan Z, Song L, Xia S-T. Iterative Learning with Open-set Noisy Labels. IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). 2018.
- Bellomo R, Chan M, Guy C, Proimos H, Franceschi F, Crisman M, Nadkarni A, Ancona P, Pan K, Di Muzio F, Presello B, Bailey J, Young M, Hart G. Laboratory alerts to guide early intensive care team review in surgical patients: A feasibility, safety, and efficacy pilot randomized controlled trial. RESUSCITATION. Elsevier Science Ireland. 2018, Vol. 133. DOI: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2018.10.012
- Wang Y, Dai B, Kong L, Monazam Erfani S, Bailey J, Zha H. Learning deep hidden nonlinear dynamics from aggregate data. 34th Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence 2018, UAI 2018. 2018, Vol. 1.
- Moshtaghi M, Bezdek J, Monazam Erfani S, Leckie C, Bailey J. Online cluster validity indices for performance monitoring of streaming data clustering. International Journal of Intelligent Systems. John Wiley & Sons. 2018. DOI: 10.1002/int.22064
- Wijewickrema S, Zhou Y, Ioannou I, Copson B, Piromchai P, Yu C, Briggs R, Bailey J, Kennedy G, O'Leary S. Presentation of automated procedural guidance in surgical simulation: Results of two randomised controlled trials. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. Headley Brothers Invicta Press. 2018, Vol. 132, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1017/S0022215117002626
- Wijewickrema S, Ma X, Piromchai P, Briggs R, Bailey J, Kennedy G, O Leary S. Providing automated real-time technical feedback for virtual reality based surgical training: Is the simpler the better?. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10947 LNAI. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93843-1_43
- Zhao Y, Calheiros R, Gange G, Bailey J, Sinnott R. SLA-Based Profit Optimization Resource Scheduling for Big Data Analytics-as-a-Service Platforms in Cloud Computing Environments. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TCC.2018.2889956
- Romano S, Nguyen X, Verspoor C, Bailey J. The randomized information coefficient: assessing dependencies in noisy data. MACHINE LEARNING. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2018, Vol. 107, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10994-017-5664-2
- Amsaleg L, Bailey J, Barbe D, Monazam Erfani S, Houle ME, Nguyen V, Radovanovic M. The vulnerability of learning to adversarial perturbation increases with intrinsic dimensionality. 2017 IEEE Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, WIFS 2017. 2018, Vol. 2018-January. DOI: 10.1109/WIFS.2017.8267651
- Lederman R, Constantinidis D, Linden T, Corrin L, Smith M, Pearce J, Bailey J. Using a Traffic Light System to Provide Feedback to IS Masters Students. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. 2018.
- Ganji M, Bailey J, Stuckey P. A declarative approach to constrained community detection. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10416 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66158-2_31
- Naderivesal S, Kulik L, Bailey J. A fast and accurate index structure for spatiotemporal trajectories. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3144457.3144497
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile