Associate Professor Shanton Chang
- Health information seeking behaviour
- International education
- Online Behaviour, Information Needs, IT Security and Organisational Culture, Multicultural Workgroups (IT in a Global Environment, Relationships between Culture and IS, Change Management, Qualitative Research Methodologies)
- Technology adoption
- Technology in education
- Young people's online behaviour
Associate Professor Shanton Chang is a research and teaching academic at The Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. He is also Assistant Dean (International) at the Melbourne School of Information.
Research interests include:
- Online behaviour from a socio-technical perspective (with particular interest in health, business and educational contexts)
- Information needs and information seeking behaviour
- IT security and organisational culture
- IT in a global environment
- Change management
- Qualitative research methodologies
- Molok NNA, Ahmad A, Chang S. A case analysis of securing organisations against information leakage through online social networking. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 43. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2018.08.013
- Alshaikh M, Maynard S, Ahmad A, Chang S. An Exploratory Study of Current Information Security Training and Awareness Practices in Organizations. 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. University of Hawaii Press. 2018.
- Murad A, Bosua R, Chang S, Lederman R, Wark J. Informing the Design of a health virtual community of practice: a knowledge translation approach. Beyond Digitization - Facets of Socio-technical Change. Association of Information Systems. 2018.
- Martin F, Chang S, Gomes C. Navigating Online Down Under: International Students’ Digital Journeys in Australia. Transnational Migrations in the Asia-Pacific: Transformative Experiences in the Age of Digital Media. Rowman & Littlefield. 2018. Editors: Gomes C, Yeoh B.
- Pang C, Chang S, Verspoor C, Clavisi O. The Use of Web-Based Technologies in Health Research Participation: Qualitative Study of Consumer and Researcher Experiences. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL INTERNET RESEARCH. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2018, Vol. 20, Issue 10. DOI: 10.2196/12094
- Chang S, Gomes C. Digital Journeys: A Perspective on Understanding the Digital Experiences of International Students. JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. International Baccalaureate Organization. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2.
- Pang C, Clavisi O, Chang S. Engaging Consumers with Musculoskeletal Conditions in Health Research: A User-entred Perspective. 25th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC). IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239. Editors: Ryan A, Schaper LK, Whetton S. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-104
- Murad A, Lederman R, Bosua R, Chang S, Wark J. Enhancing General Practitioners Participation in a Virtual Community of Practice for Continuing Medical Education: An Exploratory Study. 25th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC). IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239. Editors: Ryan A, Schaper LK, Whetton S. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-97
- McKay D, Chang S, Smith M. Manoeuvres in the dark: Design implications of the physical mechanics of library shelf browsing. CHIIR 2017 - Proceedings of the 2017 Conference Human Information Interaction and Retrieval. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3020165.3020179
- Heffernan K, Vetere F, Chang S. Military Insertables Lessons from Civilian Use. IEEE TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIETY MAGAZINE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 36, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/MTS.2017.2654290
- Alzougool B, Chang S, Gray K. The effects of informal carers' characteristics on their information needs: The information needs state approach. INFORMATICS FOR HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE. Informa Healthcare. 2017, Vol. 42, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1080/17538157.2016.1221409
- Heffernan K, Vetere F, Chang S. Towards insertables: Devices inside the human body. First Monday. First Monday Editorial Group. 2017, Vol. 22, Issue 3. DOI: 10.5210/fm.v22i3.6214
- Murad A, Lederman R, Bosua R, Chang S, Wark J. Design Considerations for a Virtual Community of Practice for Health Practitioners: A Learner Centred Design Approach. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Pang C, Chang S, Verspoor C, Pearce J. Designing Health Websites Based on Users' Web-Based Information-Seeking Behaviors: A Mixed-Method Observational Study. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL INTERNET RESEARCH. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2016, Vol. 18, Issue 6. DOI: 10.2196/jmir.5661
- Chang S, Imhoff M, Ustrup SM. Engineering and information technology: Challenges and opportunities for exchange studies. Handbook of Research on Study Abroad Programs and Outbound Mobility. 2016. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0169-5.ch012
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile