Associate Professor Shanton Chang
- Health information seeking behaviour
- International education
- Online Behaviour, Information Needs, IT Security and Organisational Culture, Multicultural Workgroups (IT in a Global Environment, Relationships between Culture and IS, Change Management, Qualitative Research Methodologies)
- Technology adoption
- Technology in education
- Young people's online behaviour
Associate Professor Shanton Chang is a research and teaching academic at The School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. He is also Associate Dean (International) at the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Research interests include:
- Online behaviour from a socio-technical perspective (with particular interest in health, business and educational contexts)
- Information needs and information behaviour
- IT security and organisational culture
- IT in a global environment
- Change management
- Qualitative research methodologies
- Kariotis T, Prictor M, Gray K, Chang S. Electronic health records for integrated mental health care: protocol for a scoping review. ADVANCES IN MENTAL HEALTH. Routledge. 2019. DOI: 10.1080/18387357.2019.1669471
- Kariotis T, Prictor M, Chang S, Gray K. Evaluating the Contextual Integrity of Australia's My Health Record.. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2019, Vol. 265. DOI: 10.3233/SHTI190166
- Kariotis T, Prictor M, Gray K, Chang S. Mind the Gap: Information Sharing Between Health, Mental Health and Social Care Services. Digital Health: Changing the Way Healthcare is Conceptualised and Delivered. IOS Press. 2019. Editors: Cummings E, Merolli M, Schaper L. DOI: 10.3233/SHTI190780
- Murad A, Hyde N, Chang S, Lederman R, Bosua R, Pirotta M, Audehm R, Yates C, Briggs A, Gorelik A, Chiang C, Wark J. Quantifying Use of a Health Virtual Community of Practice for General Practitioners' Continuing Professional Development: A Novel Methodology and Pilot Evaluation. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL INTERNET RESEARCH. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2019, Vol. 21, Issue 11. DOI: 10.2196/14545
- McKay D, Chang S, Smith M, Buchanan G. The Things We Talk About When We Talk About Browsing: An Empirical Typology of Library Browsing Behavior. JOURNAL OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. John Wiley & Sons. 2019, Vol. 70, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1002/asi.24200
- Pang C, Chang S. The Twitter Adventure of #MyHealthRecord: An Analysis of Different User Groups During the Opt-Out Period.. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. IOS Press. 2019, Vol. 266. DOI: 10.3233/SHTI190786
- Molok NNA, Ahmad A, Chang S. A case analysis of securing organisations against information leakage through online social networking. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 43. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2018.08.013
- Alshaikh M, Maynard S, Ahmad A, Chang S. An Exploratory Study of Current Information Security Training and Awareness Practices in Organizations. 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. University of Hawaii Press. 2018.
- Murad A, Bosua R, Chang S, Lederman R, Wark J. Informing the Design of a health virtual community of practice: a knowledge translation approach. 26th European Conference on Information Systems: Beyond Digitization - Facets of Socio-Technical Change, ECIS 2018. AISel. 2018.
- McKay D, Buchanan G, Chang S. It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it: Design guidelines to better support online browsing. 81st annual Meeting. 2018, Vol. 55, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1002/pra2.2018.14505501038
- Martin F, Chang S, Gomes C. Navigating Online Down Under: International Students’ Digital Journeys in Australia. Transnational Migrations in the Asia-Pacific: Transformative Experiences in the Age of Digital Media. Rowman & Littlefield. 2018. Editors: Gomes C, Yeoh B.
- Pang C, Chang S, Verspoor C, Clavisi O. The Use of Web-Based Technologies in Health Research Participation: Qualitative Study of Consumer and Researcher Experiences. Journal of Medical Internet Research. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2018, Vol. 20, Issue 10. DOI: 10.2196/12094
- Chang S, Gomes C. Digital Journeys: A Perspective on Understanding the Digital Experiences of International Students. JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. International Baccalaureate Organization. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2.
- Pang C, Clavisi O, Chang S. Engaging Consumers with Musculoskeletal Conditions in Health Research: A User-entred Perspective. 25th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC). IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239. Editors: Ryan A, Schaper LK, Whetton S. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-104
- Murad A, Lederman R, Bosua R, Chang S, Wark J. Enhancing General Practitioners Participation in a Virtual Community of Practice for Continuing Medical Education: An Exploratory Study. 25th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC). IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239. Editors: Ryan A, Schaper LK, Whetton S. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-97
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile