Dr Jianzhong Qi
- Location-based social networks
- Spatio-temporal databases
- Text mining
June 2017 - July 2017: Visited the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University, as a Visiting Assistant Professor.
July 2015: Joined the School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, as a lecturer.
March 2014: Received my PhD degree from The University of Melbourne.
November 2013 - January 2014: Interned at Microsoft Redmond working on SkyDrive (now OneDrive).
February 2009 - May 2009: Interned at Toshiba China R&D Center working on text to speech (TTS) projects.
- Xu Y, Qi J, Borovica-Gajic R, Kulik L. Finding all nearest neighbors with a single graph traversal. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10827 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-91452-7_15
- Chen F, Lin H, Qi J, Li P, Gao Y. Collective-k Optimal Location Selection. 15th International Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases (SSTD). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10411. Editors: Gertz M, Renz M, Zhou X, Hoel E, Ku WS, Voisard A, Zhang C, Chen H, Tang L, Huang Y, Lu CT, Ravada S. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-64367-0_18
- Aljubayrin S, Qi J, Jensen CS, Zhang R, He Z, Li Y. Finding lowest-cost paths in settings with safe and preferred zones. VLDB JOURNAL. Springer. 2017, Vol. 26, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s00778-017-0455-8
- Kotagiri R, Qi J, Tanin E, Motallebi S. From How to Where: Traffic Optimization in the Era of Automated Vehicles (Vision Paper). GIS: Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2017, Vol. 2017-November. DOI: 10.1145/3139958.3139997
- Ahmad S, Kamal R, Ali ME, Qi J, Scheuermann P, Tanin E. The flexible group spatial keyword query. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10538 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-68155-9_1
- Gu Y, Liu G, Qi J, Xu H, Yu G, Zhang R. The Moving K Diversified Nearest Neighbor Query (Extended Abstract). 2017 IEEE 33RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE 2017). IEEE Computer Society. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICDE.2017.22
- Li C, Gu Y, Qi J, Yu G, Zhang R, Deng Q. INSQ: An Influential Neighbor Set Based Moving kNN Query Processing System. 2016 32ND IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE). IEEE Computer Society. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICDE.2016.7498339
- Sun Y, Zhang R, Xue AY, Qi J, Dut X. Reverse Nearest Neighbor Heat Maps: A Tool for Influence Exploration. 2016 32ND IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING (ICDE). IEEE Computer Society. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICDE.2016.7498305
- Gu Y, Liu G, Qi J, Xu H, Yu G, Zhang R. The Moving K Diversified Nearest Neighbor Query. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON KNOWLEDGE AND DATA ENGINEERING. IEEE Computer Society. 2016, Vol. 28, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1109/TKDE.2016.2593464
- Jiang B, Xun E, Qi J. A Domain Independent Approach for Extracting Terms from Research Papers. 26th Australasian Database Conference (ADC). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9093. Editors: Sharaf MA, Cheema MA, Qi J. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-19548-3_13
- Huang J, Qi J, Xu Y, Chen J. A privacy-enhancing model for location-based personalized recommendations. DISTRIBUTED AND PARALLEL DATABASES. Springer. 2015, Vol. 33, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s10619-014-7148-8
- Li C, Gu Y, Qi J, Zhang R, Yu G. A safe region based approach to moving KNN queries in obstructed space. KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer London. 2015, Vol. 45, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s10115-014-0803-6
- Qi J, Zhang R, Kotagiri R, Wang H, Wen Z, Wu D. Indexable online time series segmentation with error bound guarantee. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2015, Vol. 18, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-013-0256-y
- Sun Y, Qi J, Zheng Y, Zhang R. K-nearest neighbor temporal aggregate queries. 18th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT). 2015. DOI: 10.5441/002/edbt.2015.43
- Sun Y, Qi J, Zhang R, Chen Y, Du X. MapReduce based location selection algorithm for utility maximization with capacity constraints. COMPUTING. Springer Wien. 2015, Vol. 97, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s00607-013-0382-5
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile