Dr Peter Schachte
- Programming Languages (Program Verification, Program Analysis, Programming Language Design, Declarative Programming)
Dr Peter Schachte is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Schachte has been involved in programming language research and development since the 1980s. From 1985 to 1993 he worked for Quintus Corporation, where he designed and implemented many parts of the company's Prolog language runtime system, development environments, graphics interfaces, object-oriented extenstions, and applications.
In his research, Dr Schachte has concentrated on static and dynamic analysis of software, as well as the design and implementation of programming languages. He built an efficient groundness analyser for Prolog and concentrated on improving its performance by designing and implementing new algorithms and data structures. He has also worked to improve programming language expressiveness, extending the Mercury compiler to allow the development of purely declarative software components with efficient imperative implementations. To Prolog, he added the ability to manipulate global state in a declarative way, and to use universal quantification as a flexible declarative looping facility. In collaboration with research students, he investigated secure network protocols, aspect-oriented programming, static checking of program binaries, the design and implementation of a purely declarative imperative programming language, automatic parallelisation of declarative programs, and improved automatic memory management.
- De Una D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. Compiling CP subproblems to MDDs and d-DNNFs. CONSTRAINTS. Springer. 2019, Vol. 24, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s10601-018-9297-2
- Andrlon M, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey PJ. Optimal Bounds for Floating-Point Addition in Constant Time. 2019 IEEE 26th Symposium on Computer Arithmetic (ARITH). IEEE. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/arith.2019.00038
- Kafle B, Gallagher JP, Gange G, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. An iterative approach to precondition inference using constrained Horn clauses. 34th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP). Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 3-4. DOI: 10.1017/S1471068418000091
- De UÑa D, RÜmmele N, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. Machine learning and constraint programming for relational-to-ontology schema mapping. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI Press. 2018, Vol. 2018-July.
- Amadini R, Gange G, Gauthier F, Jordan A, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P, Zhang C. Reference Abstract Domains and Applications to String Analysis. FUNDAMENTA INFORMATICAE. IOS Press. 2018, Vol. 158, Issue 4. DOI: 10.3233/FI-2018-1650
- Kafle B, Gange G, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A benders decomposition approach to deciding modular linear integer arithmetic. SAT 2017, the 20th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing. Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10491 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66263-3_24
- De Una D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. Minimizing Landscape Resistance for Habitat Conservation. 14th International Conference on the Integration of Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research Techniques in Constraint Programming (CPAIOR). Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10335. Editors: Salvagnin D, Lombardi M. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-59776-8_10
- De UÑa D, Gange G, Schachte P, Stuckey P. A bounded path propagator on directed graphs. 22nd International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9892 LNCS. Editors: Rueher M. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-44953-1_13
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. A complete refinement procedure for regular separability of context-free languages. THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 625. DOI: 10.1016/j.tcs.2016.01.026
- Naish L, Schachte P, MacNally A. Adtpp: lightweight efficient safe polymorphic algebraic data types for C. Software: Practice and Experience. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1002/spe.2407
- Gange G, Navas Laserna J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. An abstract domain of uninterpreted functions. 17th International Conference on Verification, Model Checking and Abstract Interpretation (VMCAI). 2016, Vol. LNCS 9583. Editors: Jobstmann B, Leino KRM. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-49122-5
- Gange G, Navas JA, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey PJ. An Abstract Domain of Uninterpreted Functions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag. 2016. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-49122-5_4
- Gange G, Navas J, Schachte P, Sondergaard H, Stuckey P. Exploiting Sparsity in Difference-Bound Matrices. 23rd International Static Analysis Symposium (SAS). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9837. Editors: Rival X. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-53413-7_10
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile