Professor Karin Verspoor
- Bioinformatics and Computational Bioscience
- Biomedical Natural Language Processing (Text Mining)
- Health informatics (Biomedical ontologies)
- Bouadjenek M, Zobel J, Verspoor C. Automated assessment of biological database assertions using the scientific literature. BMC BIOINFORMATICS. Biomed Central. 2019, Vol. 20, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1186/s12859-019-2801-x
- Lopez-Campos G, Kiossoglou P, Borda A, Hawthorne C, Gray K, Verspoor C. Characterizing the Scope of Exposome Research Through Topic Modeling and Ontology Analysis.. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2019, Vol. 264. DOI: 10.3233/SHTI190519
- Nguyen D, Verspoor C. End-to-end neural relation extraction using deep biaffine attention. 41st European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2019. Springer Verlag. 2019, Vol. 11437 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-15712-8_47
- Nguyen D, Verspoor C. From POS tagging to dependency parsing for biomedical event extraction. BMC Bioinformatics. Biomed Central. 2019, Vol. 20, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1186/s12859-019-2604-0
- Dogan RI, Kim S, Chatr-Aryamontri A, Wei C-H, Comeau DC, Antunes R, Matos S, Chen Q, Elangovan A, Panyam NC, Verspoor C, Liu H, Wang Y, Liu Z, Altinel B, Husunbeyi ZM, Ozgur A, Fergadis A, Wang C-K, Dai H-J, Tran T, Kavuluru R, Luo L, Steppi A, Zhang J, Qu J, Lu Z. Overview of the BioCreative VI Precision Medicine Track: mining protein interactions and mutations for precision medicine. Database: the journal of biological databases and curation. Oxford University Press. 2019, Vol. 2019. DOI: 10.1093/database/bay147
- NÉvÉol A, Yepes AJ, Neves M, Verspoor C. Parallel corpora for the biomedical domain. LREC 2018 - 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation. 2019.
- Valentine JC, Hall L, Verspoor C, Worth L. The current scope of healthcare-associated infection surveillance activities in hospitalized immunocompromised patients: a systematic review.. Int J Epidemiol. Oxford University Press. 2019. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyz162
- Hur B, Hardefeldt L, Verspoor C, Baldwin T, Gilkerson J. Using natural language processing and VetCompass to understand antimicrobial usage patterns in Australia. Australian Veterinary Antimicrobial Stewardship Conference. Australian Veterinary Association. 2019, Vol. 97, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1111/avj.12836
- Hameed P, Verspoor C, Kusljic S, Halgamuge S. A two-tiered unsupervised clustering approach for drug repositioning through heterogeneous data integration. BMC BIOINFORMATICS. Biomed Central. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1186/s12859-018-2123-4
- Nguyen D, Verspoor C. An Improved Neural Network Model for Joint POS Tagging and Dependency Parsing. Proceedings of the CoNLL 2018 Shared Task: Multilingual Parsing from Raw Text to Universal Dependencies. Association for Computational Linguistics. 2018.
- Downie L, Makrai E, Bonggotgetsakul Y, Dirito L, Kristo K, Pham M, You M, Verspoor C, Pianta M. Appraising the Quality of Systematic Reviews for Age-Related Macular Degeneration Interventions A Systematic Review. JAMA OPHTHALMOLOGY. American Medical Association. 2018, Vol. 136, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2018.2620
- Chen Q, Panyam NC, Elangovan A, Verspoor C. BioCreative VI Precision Medicine Track system performance is constrained by entity recognition and variations in corpus characteristics. DATABASE-THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL DATABASES AND CURATION. Oxford University Press. 2018, Vol. 2018. DOI: 10.1093/database/bay122
- Verspoor C, Ofoghi B, Robles Granda M. CommViz: Visualization of semantic patterns in large social communication networks. Information Visualization. Sage Publications. 2018, Vol. 17, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1177/1473871617693039
- Chen Q, Wan Y, Zhang X, Lei Y, Zobel J, Verspoor C. Comparative Analysis of Sequence Clustering Methods for Deduplication of Biological Databases. ACM JOURNAL OF DATA AND INFORMATION QUALITY. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2018, Vol. 9, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1145/3131611
- Nguyen D, Verspoor C. Convolutional neural networks for chemical-disease relation extraction are improved with character-based word embeddings. Proceedings of the 17th BioNLP Workshop. Association for Computational Linguistics. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile