Professor Karin Verspoor
- Bioinformatics and Computational Bioscience
- Biomedical Natural Language Processing (Text Mining)
- Health informatics (Biomedical ontologies)
- Nguyen D, Verspoor C. From POS tagging to dependency parsing for biomedical event extraction. BMC BIOINFORMATICS. Biomed Central. 2019, Vol. 20, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1186/s12859-019-2604-0
- Dogan RI, Kim S, Chatr-Aryamontri A, Wei C-H, Comeau DC, Antunes R, Matos S, Chen Q, Elangovan A, Panyam NC, Verspoor C, Liu H, Wang Y, Liu Z, Altinel B, Husunbeyi ZM, Ozgur A, Fergadis A, Wang C-K, Dai H-J, Tran T, Kavuluru R, Luo L, Steppi A, Zhang J, Qu J, Lu Z. Overview of the BioCreative VI Precision Medicine Track: mining protein interactions and mutations for precision medicine. DATABASE-THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL DATABASES AND CURATION. Oxford University Press. 2019, Vol. 2019. DOI: 10.1093/database/bay147
- NÉvÉol A, Yepes AJ, Neves M, Verspoor C. Parallel corpora for the biomedical domain. LREC 2018 - 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation. 2019.
- Hameed P, Verspoor C, Kusljic S, Halgamuge S. A two-tiered unsupervised clustering approach for drug repositioning through heterogeneous data integration. BMC BIOINFORMATICS. Biomed Central. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1186/s12859-018-2123-4
- Downie L, Makrai E, Bonggotgetsakul Y, Dirito LJ, Kristo K, Pham M-AN, You M, Verspoor C, Pianta M. Appraising the Quality of Systematic Reviews for Age-Related Macular Degeneration Interventions A Systematic Review. JAMA OPHTHALMOLOGY. American Medical Association. 2018, Vol. 136, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2018.2620
- Chen Q, Panyam NC, Elangovan A, Verspoor C. BioCreative VI Precision Medicine Track system performance is constrained by entity recognition and variations in corpus characteristics. DATABASE-THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL DATABASES AND CURATION. Oxford University Press. 2018, Vol. 2018. DOI: 10.1093/database/bay122
- Verspoor C, Ofoghi B, Robles Granda M. CommViz: Visualization of semantic patterns in large social communication networks. Information Visualization. Sage Publications. 2018, Vol. 17, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1177/1473871617693039
- Chen Q, Wan Y, Zhang X, Lei Y, Zobel J, Verspoor C. Comparative Analysis of Sequence Clustering Methods for Deduplication of Biological Databases. ACM JOURNAL OF DATA AND INFORMATION QUALITY. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2018, Vol. 9, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1145/3131611
- Nguyen D, Verspoor C. Convolutional neural networks for chemical-disease relation extraction are improved with character-based word embeddings. Proceedings of the 17th BioNLP Workshop. Association for Computational Linguistics. 2018.
- Pianta M, Makrai E, Verspoor C, Cohn T, Downie L. Crowdsourcing critical appraisal of research evidence (CrowdCARE) was found to be a valid approach to assessing clinical research quality. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 104. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2018.07.015
- Hoogeveen D, Bennett A, Li Y, Verspoor C, Baldwin T. Detecting misflagged duplicate questions in community question-answering archives. 12th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media, ICWSM 2018. 2018.
- Khumrin P, Ryan A, Juddy T, Verspoor C. DrKnow: A Diagnostic Learning Tool with Feedback from Automated Clinical Decision Support. AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings. AMIA Symposium. 2018, Vol. 2018.
- Panyam NC, Verspoor C, Cohn T, Kotagiri R. Exploiting graph kernels for high performance biomedical relation extraction. JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL SEMANTICS. Biomed Central. 2018, Vol. 9. DOI: 10.1186/s13326-017-0168-3
- Lu Y, Sinnott R, Verspoor C, Parampalli U. Privacy-Preserving Access Control in Electronic Health Record Linkage. Proceedings - 17th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications and 12th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering, Trustcom/BigDataSE 2018. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TrustCom/BigDataSE.2018.00151
- Chen Q, Zhang X, Wan Y, Zobel J, Verspoor C. Search Effectiveness in Nonredundant Sequence Databases: Assessments and Solutions.. J Comput Biol. Mary Ann Liebert Publishers. 2018. DOI: 10.1089/cmb.2018.0198
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile