Mr Luca Morandini
I am currently working as Data Architect at the University of Melbourne in Australia for the AURIN project - Department of Computing and Information Systems. I have been working on GIS, IT and Statistics since graduating in Statistics (1991), first as an ESRI employee, then (since 1997) as a free-lance consultant. During all these years I have developed numerous software applications, most of them web-based (see the Showcase). I applied my software development skills to these fields:GIS, Statistics, Data Warehousing (MIS, if you like the old nomenclature). More details can be found in the (abridged) CV page. I worked in Italy and abroad, mainly joining Technical Assistance projects in various developing/transition countries (Albania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Mongolia, Turkey), Nigeria, Kyrgyzstan for different donors (European Union, World Bank, Asian Development Bank).
- Gong Y, Morandini L, Sinnott R. The Design and Benchmarking of a Cloud-based Platform for Processing and Visualization of Traffic Data. 2017 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BIG DATA AND SMART COMPUTING (BIGCOMP). IEEE. 2017.
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Bromage A, Galang G, Gong Y, Greenwood P, Jayaputera G, Marques D, Morandini L, Karami Nogoorani G, Pursultani H, Sarwar M, Voorsluys W, Widjaja I. Privacy Preserving Geo-Linkage in the Big Urban Data Era. JOURNAL OF GRID COMPUTING. Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 14, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s10723-016-9372-0
- Wu S, Morandini L, Sinnott R. SMASH: A Cloud-based Architecture for Big Data Processing and Visualization of Traffic Data. 2015 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA SCIENCE AND DATA INTENSIVE SYSTEMS. IEEE. 2015. Editors: Chen JJ, Yang LT. DOI: 10.1109/DSDIS.2015.35
- Pettit C, Stimson R, Nino-Ruiz M, Morandini L, Widjaja I, Delaney P, Tomko M, Sinnott R, Randolph B, Kvan T. Supporting Urban Informatics through a Big Data Analytics Online Workbench. Proceedings of the Workshop on Big Data and Urban Informatics. 2015.
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Bromage A, Galang G, Grazioli G, Greenwood P, MacAulay A, Morandini L, Karami Nogoorani G, Nino-Ruiz M, Tomko M, Pettit C, Sarwar M, Stimson R, Voorsluys W, Widjaja I. The Australia urban research gateway. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1002/cpe.3282
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Bromage A, Galang G, Gong Y, Greenwood P, Jayaputera G, Marques D, Morandini L, Nino-Ruiz M, Karami Nogoorani G, Pursultani H, Rabanal R, Sarwar M, Voorsluys W, Widjaja I. The Urban Data Re-use and Integration Platform for Australia: Design, Realisation and Case Studies. 2015 IEEE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INFORMATION REUSE AND INTEGRATION. IEEE. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/IRI.2015.24
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Bromage A, Galang G, Grazioli G, Greenwood P, MacAuley A, Mannix D, Morandini L, Nino-Ruiz M, Pettit C, Tomko M, Sarwar M, Stimson R, Voorsluys W, Widjaja I. The Urban Research Gateway for Australia: Development of a Federated, Multi-disciplinary Research e-Infrastructure. International Workshop on Science Gateways (IWSG). International Workshop on Science Gateways. 2013, Vol. 993.
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Morandini L, Tomko M. Tools and Processes to Support the Development of a National Platform for Urban Research: Lessons (Being) Learnt from the AURIN Project. 11th Australasian Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing. Australian Computer Society. 2013, Vol. 140.
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Galang G, Greenwood P, Koetsier G, Mannix D, Morandini L, Nino-Ruiz M, Pettit C, Tomko M, Sarwar M, Stimson R, Voorsluys W, Widjaja I. A Data-driven Urban Research Environment for Australia. E-Science 2012 IEEE 8th International Conference on eScience. IEEE Explore. 2012.
- Tomko M, Bayliss C, Widjaja I, Greenwood P, Galang G, Koetsier G, Sarwar M, Nino-Ruiz M, Mannix D, Morandini L, Voorsluys W, Pettit C, Stimson R, Sinnott R. The Design of a Flexible Web-based Analytical Platform for Urban Research. 20th International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. ACM SIGSPATIAL. 2012.