Professor Tony Wirth
- Algorithms (Algorithms for processing text; graph algorithms; streaming algorithms)
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Psychophysical Testing (Psychometric Function Estimation)
Dr Tony Wirth is Professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne.
He completed a BSc(Hons) and MSc at the University of Melbourne; supported by a Gordon Wu Fellowship, he completed an MA and PhD at Princeton University. Wirth has previously been the Seminar and Excellence Coordinator in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering. Wirth has a significant publication record in, amongst others, approximation and graph algorithms, bioinformatics, and data mining. He has refereed for numerous international journals and served on several conference program committees. Wirth's teaching has been commended both at the department and school level.
- Veldt N, Gleich DF, Wirth A. A Correlation Clustering Framework for Community Detection. 27th World Wide Web (WWW) Conference. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2018. DOI: 10.1145/3178876.3186110
- Gleich DF, Veldt N, Wirth A. Correlation clustering generalized. Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, LIPIcs. 2018, Vol. 123. DOI: 10.4230/LIPIcs.ISAAC.2018.44
- Liao K, Moffat A, Petri M, Wirth A. A Cost Model for Long-Term Compressed Data Retention. 10th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3018661.3018738
- Veldt N, Wirth A, Gleich DF. Correlation clustering with low-rank matrices. 26th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW). 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3038912.3052586
- Fray KS, Morgan KJ, Wirth A, Zobel J. Practical adaptive search trees with performance bounds. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F126226. DOI: 10.1145/3014812.3014836
- McClintock J, Mestre J, Wirth A. Precedence-constrained min sum set cover. Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, LIPIcs. 2017, Vol. 92. DOI: 10.4230/LIPIcs.ISAAC.2017.55
- Liao K, Petri M, Moffat A, Wirth A. Effective Construction of Relative Lempel-Ziv Dictionaries. 25th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016. DOI: 10.1145/2872427.2883042
- McClintock J, Wirth A. Efficient Parallel Algorithms for k-Center Clustering. 45th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP). CRC Press. 2016, Vol. 2016-September. DOI: 10.1109/ICPP.2016.22
- Chakrabarti A, Wirth A. Incidence Geometries and the Pass Complexity of Semi-Streaming Set Cover. 27th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA). SIAM Publications. 2016. Editors: Krauthgamer R. DOI: 10.1137/1.9781611974331.ch94
- Charikar M, Naamad Y, Wirth A. On approximating target set selection. Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, LIPIcs. 2016, Vol. 60. DOI: 10.4230/LIPIcs.APPROX-RANDOM.2016.4
- Petri M, Moffat A, Nagesh PC, Wirth A. Access Time Tradeoffs in Archive Compression. 11th Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference (AIRS). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9460. Editors: Zuccon G, Geva S, Joho H, Scholer F, Sun A, Zhang P. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-28940-3_2
- Ahn KJ, Cormode G, Guha S, McGregor A, Wirth A. Correlation clustering in data streams. 32nd International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML). 2015, Vol. 3.
- Tong J, Wirth A, Zobel J. Blended dictionaries for reduced-memory lempel-ziv corpus compression. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2014, Vol. 27-28-November-2014. DOI: 10.1145/2682862.2682866
- Tong J, Wirth A, Zobel J. Compact auxiliary dictionaries for incremental compression of large repositories. CIKM 2014 - Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management. 2014. DOI: 10.1145/2661829.2661961
- Petri M, Moffat A, Wirth A. Graph representations and applications of citation networks. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2014, Vol. 27-28-November-2014. DOI: 10.1145/2682862.2682865
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile