Associate Professor Reeva Lederman
- Health Information Systems, Online Systems for Mental health, Tangible Information Systems, Online Health Communities, Affordances
Reeva Lederman is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne and has been a faculty member since 2000. She leads the research area "People and Information" and co-ordinates the Computational Bioinformatics and Health Information Systems Research Group. She is an active member of the international Health Information Systems research community. In 2012 she was awarded the prestigious Stafford Beer Medal for IS Research and in 2014 she won the Melbourne School of Engineering annual teaching award for Teaching Excellence.
- Alvarez M, Bendall C, Koval P, Rice S, Cagliarini D, Valentine L, D'Alfonso S, Miles C, Russon P, Penn DL, Phillips J, Lederman R, Wadley G, Killackey E, Santesteban-Echarri O, Mihalopoulos C, Herrman H, Gonzalez-Blanch C, Gilbertson T, Lal S, Chambers R, Daglas-Georgiou R, Latorre C, Cotton S, McGorry PD, Gleeson J. HORYZONS trial: Protocol for a randomised controlled trial of a moderated online social therapy to maintain treatment effects from first-episode psychosis services. BMJ Open. BMJ Publishing Group. 2019, Vol. 9, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-024104
- Lederman R, Kesiilwe A, Knott J. A time motion study evaluating the impact of information technology on emergency department consultants activities. ECIS 2018 Proceedings. Association for Information Systems. 2018.
- Alvarez M, Gleeson J, Bendall C, Penn DL, Yung A, Ryan RM, Eleftheriadis D, D'Alfonso S, Rice S, Miles C, Russon P, Lederman R, Chambers R, Gonzalez-Blanch C, Lim MH, Killackey E, McGorry P, Nelson C. Enhancing social functioning in young people at Ultra High Risk (UHR) for psychosis: A pilot study of a novel strengths and mindfulness-based online social therapy. SCHIZOPHRENIA RESEARCH. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 202. DOI: 10.1016/j.schres.2018.07.022
- Rice S, Gleeson J, Leicester S, Bendall C, D'Alfonso S, Gilbertson T, Killackey E, Parker A, Lederman R, Wadley G, Santesteban-Echarri O, Pryor I, Mawren D, Ratheesh A, Alvarez M. Implementation of the Enhanced Moderated Online Social Therapy (MOST+) Model Within a National Youth E-Mental Health Service (eheadspace): Protocol for a Single Group Pilot Study for Help-Seeking Young People. JMIR RESEARCH PROTOCOLS. University of Toronto. 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 2. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.8813
- Murad A, Bosua R, Chang S, Lederman R, Wark J. Informing the Design of a health virtual community of practice: a knowledge translation approach. Beyond Digitization - Facets of Socio-technical Change. Association of Information Systems. 2018.
- Rice S, Gleeson J, Davey C, Hetrick S, Parker A, Lederman R, Wadley G, Murray G, Herrman H, Chambers R, Russon P, Miles C, D'Alfonso S, Thurley M, Chinnery GL, Gilbertson T, Eleftheriadis D, Barlow E, Cagliarini D, Toh J-W, McAlpine S, Koval P, Bendall C, Jansen JE, Hamilton M, McGorry P, Alvarez M. Moderated online social therapy for depression relapse prevention in young people: pilot study of a "next generation' online intervention. EARLY INTERVENTION IN PSYCHIATRY. Blackwell Publishing Asia. 2018, Vol. 12, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1111/eip.12354
- Fan H, Lederman R. Online health communities: how do community members build the trust required to adopt information and form close relationships?. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Palgrave. 2018, Vol. 27, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1080/0960085X.2017.1390187
- Kesiilwe A, Lederman R, Knott J. The impact of information systems on work structure and culture in an emergency department. Australasian Conference on Information Systems. 2018.
- Lederman R, Beynon-Davies P. Understanding the Tangible within Information Systems.. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems - Bridging the Internet of People, Data, and Things, ICIS 2018, San Francisco, CA, USA, December 13-16, 2018. 2018.
- Lederman R, Constantinidis D, Linden T, Corrin L, Smith M, Pearce J, Bailey J. Using a Traffic Light System to Provide Feedback to IS Masters Students. ICIS 2017: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation. 2018.
- Alamri H, Lederman R. Using Online Photo Sharing to Support Parents with Type One Diabetic Children. Australasian Conference on Information Systems. 2018.
- Santesteban-Echarri O, Rice S, Wadley G, Lederman R, D'Alfonso S, Russon P, Chambers R, Miles C, Gilbertson T, Gleeson J, McGorry P, Alvarez M. A next-generation social media-based relapse prevention intervention for youth depression: Qualitative data on user experience outcomes for social networking, safety, and clinical benefit. INTERNET INTERVENTIONS-THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL HEALTH. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 9. DOI: 10.1016/j.invent.2017.06.002
- D'Alfonso S, Santesteban-Echarri O, Rice S, Wadley G, Lederman R, Miles C, Gleeson J, Alvarez M. Artificial Intelligence-Assisted Online Social Therapy for Youth Mental Health. FRONTIERS IN PSYCHOLOGY. Frontiers Research Foundation. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue JUN. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00796
- Lederman R, Ben-Assuli O. Editorial: Patient-centered health information technology: Preparing for a new era. HEALTH POLICY AND TECHNOLOGY. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.hlpt.2016.11.001
- Murad A, Lederman R, Bosua R, Chang S, Wark J. Enhancing General Practitioners Participation in a Virtual Community of Practice for Continuing Medical Education: An Exploratory Study. 25th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC). IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 239. Editors: Ryan A, Schaper LK, Whetton S. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-97
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile