Dr Jenny Waycott
- Ageing and technology
- Educational technology
- Human-Computer Interaction (social technologies, older adults)
Jenny Waycott is a Senior Lecturer and ARC Future Fellow in the School of Computing and Information Systems. Previously, she worked as a Research Fellow on the project "Growing Old, Staying Connected: Touch-screen Technologies for Ameliorating Older People's Experience of Social Isolation".
Dr Waycott has contributed to several projects in the fields of human-computer interaction and educational technology. Her research is concerned with understanding the role technologies play in people's learning, work, and social activities. Her recent work has focused on the design and use of social technologies for/with older adults, ethical issues in the design and use of new technologies in sensitive settings, creative uses of new technologies for social inclusion, and the use of social technologies in higher education
For more information see www.jwaycott.com
- Baker S, Warburton J, Waycott J, Batchelor F, Thuong H, Dow F, Ozanne E, Vetere F. Combatting social isolation and increasing social participation of older adults through the use of technology: A systematic review of existing evidence. AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL ON AGEING. Council on the Ageing. 2018, Vol. 37, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1111/ajag.12572
- Carrasco R, Waycott J, Baker S, Vetere F. Designing the lost self: Older adults' self-representations in online games. DIS 2018 - Proceedings of the 2018 Designing Interactive Systems Conference. 2018. DOI: 10.1145/3196709.3196773
- Waycott J, Wadley G, Baker S, Ferdous H, Hoang T, Gerling K, Headleand CJ, Simeone AL. Manipulating reality? Designing and deploying virtual reality in sensitive settings. DIS 2018 - Companion Publication of the 2018 Designing Interactive Systems Conference. 2018. DOI: 10.1145/3197391.3197401
- Barbosa Neves B, Waycott J, Malta S. Old and afraid of new communication technologies? Reconceptualising and contesting the "age-based digital divide'. JOURNAL OF SOCIOLOGY. Sage Publications. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1177/1440783318766119
- Harms L, Abotomey R, Rose D, Woodward Kron R, Bolt B, Waycott J, Alexander M. Postdisaster Posttraumatic Growth: Positive Transformations Following the Black Saturday Bushfires. Australian Social Work. Australian Association of Social Workers. 2018, Vol. 71, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/0312407X.2018.1488980
- Alkhatib S, Waycott J, Buchanan G, Bosua R. Privacy and the Internet of Things (IoT) Monitoring Solutions for Older Adults: A Review.. Stud Health Technol Inform. IOS Press. 2018, Vol. 252.
- Waycott J, Thompson C, Sheard J, Clerehan R. A virtual panopticon in the community of practice: Students' experiences of being visible on social media. INTERNET AND HIGHER EDUCATION. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 35. DOI: 10.1016/j.iheduc.2017.07.001
- Waycott J, Davis H, Warr D, Edmonds F, Taylor G. Co-constructing Meaning and Negotiating Participation: Ethical Tensions when 'Giving Voice' through Digital Storytelling. INTERACTING WITH COMPUTERS. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1093/iwc/iww025
- Waycott J, Munteanu C, Davis H, Thieme A, Branham S, Moncur W, McNaney R, Vines J. Ethical encounters in HCI: Implications for research in sensitive settings. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. Part F127655. DOI: 10.1145/3027063.3027089
- Carrasco R, Baker S, Waycott J, Vetere F. Negotiating stereotypes of older adults through avatars. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F134477. DOI: 10.1145/3152771.3152795
- Frauenberger C, Densmore M, Bruckman AS, Waycott J, Munteanu C. Research ethics in HCI a town hall meeting. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. Part F127655. DOI: 10.1145/3027063.3051135
- Waycott J, Davis H. Sharing the housebound experience through visual storytelling. C and C 2017 - Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Creativity and Cognition. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3059454.3059487
- Vyas D, Morrison A, Soro A, Waycott J, Ploderer B. Welcome from the technical program chairs. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F134477.
- Vyas D, Morrison A, Soro A, Waycott J, Ploderer B. Welcome from the technical program chairs. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017.
- Andrade R, Waycott J, Cox T. Design and Evaluation of a Dynamic-Interactive Art System: A Mixed Methods Approach. 28th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference (OzCHI). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016. Editors: Parker C. DOI: 10.1145/3010915.3010989
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile