Dr Jenny Waycott
- Ageing and technology
- Educational technology
- Human-Computer Interaction (social technologies, older adults)
Jenny Waycott is a Senior Lecturer and ARC Future Fellow in the School of Computing and Information Systems. Previously, she worked as a Research Fellow on the project "Growing Old, Staying Connected: Touch-screen Technologies for Ameliorating Older People's Experience of Social Isolation".
Dr Waycott has contributed to several projects in the fields of human-computer interaction and educational technology. Her research is concerned with understanding the role technologies play in people's learning, work, and social activities. Her recent work has focused on the design and use of social technologies for/with older adults, ethical issues in the design and use of new technologies in sensitive settings, creative uses of new technologies for social inclusion, and the use of social technologies in higher education
For more information see www.jwaycott.com
- Barbosa Neves B, Waycott J, Malta S. Old and afraid of new communication technologies? Reconceptualising and contesting the ‘age-based digital divide’. Journal of Sociology. Sage Publications. 2018. DOI: 10.1177/1440783318766119
- Waycott J, Thompson C, Sheard J, Clerehan R. A virtual panopticon in the community of practice: Students' experiences of being visible on social media. INTERNET AND HIGHER EDUCATION. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 35. DOI: 10.1016/j.iheduc.2017.07.001
- Waycott J, Davis H, Warr D, Edmonds F, Taylor G. Co-constructing Meaning and Negotiating Participation: Ethical Tensions when 'Giving Voice' through Digital Storytelling. INTERACTING WITH COMPUTERS. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1093/iwc/iww025
- Waycott J, Munteanu C, Davis H, Thieme A, Branham S, Moncur W, McNaney R, Vines J. Ethical encounters in HCI: Implications for research in sensitive settings. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. Part F127655. DOI: 10.1145/3027063.3027089
- Carrasco R, Baker S, Waycott J, Vetere F. Negotiating stereotypes of older adults through avatars. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F134477. DOI: 10.1145/3152771.3152795
- Frauenberger C, Densmore M, Bruckman AS, Waycott J, Munteanu C. Research ethics in HCI a town hall meeting. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. Part F127655. DOI: 10.1145/3027063.3051135
- Waycott J, Davis H. Sharing the housebound experience through visual storytelling. C and C 2017 - Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Creativity and Cognition. 2017. DOI: 10.1145/3059454.3059487
- Vyas D, Morrison A, Soro A, Waycott J, Ploderer B. Welcome from the technical program chairs. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F134477.
- Vyas D, Morrison A, Soro A, Waycott J, Ploderer B. Welcome from the technical program chairs. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017.
- Andrade R, Waycott J, Cox T. Design and evaluation of a dynamic-interactive art system: A mixed methods approach. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016. DOI: 10.1145/3010915.3010989
- Warr D, Waycott J, Guillemin M, Cox S. Ethical issues in visual research and the value of stories from the field. Ethics and Visual Research Methods: Theory, Methodology, and Practice. 2016. DOI: 10.1057/978-1-137-54305-9_1
- . Ethics and visual research methods: Theory, methodology, and practice. Ethics and Visual Research Methods: Theory, Methodology, and Practice. 2016. Editors: Warr D, Guillemin M, Cox S, Waycott J. DOI: 10.1057/978-1-137-54305-9
- Waycott J, Vetere F, Pedell S, Morgans A, Ozanne E, Kulik L. Not For Me: Older Adults Choosing Not to Participate in a Social Isolation Intervention. 34th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI4GOOD). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016. DOI: 10.1145/2858036.2858458
- Baker S, Waycott J, Pedell S, Hoang T, Ozanne E. Older people and social participation: From touch screens to virtual realities. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. Part F125221. DOI: 10.1145/2996267.2996271
- Light A, Pedell S, Robertson T, Waycott J, Bell J, Durick J, Leong TW. What's Special about Aging. Interactions. ACM Press. 2016, Vol. 23, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1145/2886011
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile