Associate Professor Udaya Parampalli
- Network Security and Cryptography, Sequences, Coding theory (Secure protocols,)
Dr Udaya Parampalli was born in the Udupi district of Karnataka, India. He received the BEng degree from Mysore University in 1985 and the MTech and PhD degrees from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T), Kanpur, in 1986 and 1993, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. He was a research scholar at I.I.T, Kanpur from 1985 to 1991. From 1992 to July 1996, he was a Member Research Staff at Central Research Laboratory, Bangalore. From 1997 to 2002, he was an ARC Research Associate at the Department of Mathematics, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
Since February 2000, he has been working in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at the University of Melbourne, Australia, currently as a Senior Lecturer. In 2008, he was a visiting professor at Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Canada.
His research interests are in the area of cryptography and sequences over finite fields and rings for communications and information security.
- Huang K, Parampalli U, Xian M. Improved Upper Bounds on Systematic-Length for Linear Minimum Storage Regenerating Codes. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019, Vol. 65, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2018.2880239
- Wu W, Parampalli U, Liu J, Xian M. Privacy preserving k-nearest neighbor classification over encrypted database in outsourced cloud environments. WORLD WIDE WEB-INTERNET AND WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer. 2019, Vol. 22, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-018-0539-4
- Zhou Z, Helleseth T, Parampalli U. A Family of Polyphase Sequences With Asymptotically Optimal Correlation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 64, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2018.2796597
- Luo R, Parampalli U. Cyclic codes over M-2(F-2 + uF(2)). CRYPTOGRAPHY AND COMMUNICATIONS-DISCRETE-STRUCTURES BOOLEAN FUNCTIONS AND SEQUENCES. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1007/s12095-017-0266-1
- Jagathamma Mohan L, Caneleo PIS, Parampalli U, Harwood A. Geo-aware erasure coding for high-performance erasure-coded storage clusters. 12th International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN). Presses Polytechniques et Universitaires Romandes. 2018, Vol. 73, Issue 1-2. DOI: 10.1007/s12243-017-0623-2
- Yao G, Parampalli U. Improve Sprout cipher to resist the divide and conquer based key recovery attack. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2018, Vol. Part F134893. DOI: 10.1145/3167918.3167968
- Tan P, Zhou Z, Yan H, Parampalli U. Optimal Cyclic Locally Repairable Codes Via Cyclotomic Polynomials. IEEE Communications Letters. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/LCOMM.2018.2882849
- Lu Y, Sinnott R, Verspoor C, Parampalli U. Privacy-Preserving Access Control in Electronic Health Record Linkage. Proceedings - 17th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications and 12th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering, Trustcom/BigDataSE 2018. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TrustCom/BigDataSE.2018.00151
- Liu Z, Guan YL, Parampalli U, Hu S. Spectrally-Constrained Sequences: Bounds and Constructions. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 64, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2018.2800012
- Eze PU, Parampalli U, Evans RJ, Liu D. Spread Spectrum Steganographic Capacity Improvement for Medical Image Security in Teleradiology∗. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 2018-July. DOI: 10.1109/EMBC.2018.8512344
- Luo R, Parampalli U. *Self-Dual Cyclic Codes over Z(4) + uZ(4). 7th International Workshop on Signal Design and Its Applications in Communications (IWSDA). Oxford University Press. 2017, Vol. E100A, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1587/transfun.E100.A.969
- Peter EU, Parampalli U, Uchechi IC, Nnaemeka O. Challenges and Prospects of Blind Spread Spectrum Medical Image Watermarking. 2017 IEEE 3RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ELECTRO-TECHNOLOGY FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (NIGERCON). IEEE. 2017.
- Han H, Peng D, Parampalli U, Ma Z, Liang H. Construction of low-hit-zone frequency hopping sequences with optimal partial Hamming correlation by interleaving techniques. DESIGNS CODES AND CRYPTOGRAPHY. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2017, Vol. 84, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10623-016-0274-8
- Al-Hourani A, Evans R, Moran B, Kandeepan S, Parampalli U. Efficient Range-Doppler Processing for Random Stepped Frequency Radar in Automotive Applications. 2017 IEEE 85TH VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (VTC SPRING). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. DOI: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2017.8108414
- Al-Hourani A, Evans R, Farrell PM, Moran B, Martorella M, Kandeepan S, Skafidas S, Parampalli U. Millimeter-wave integrated radar systems and techniques. Academic Press Library in Signal Processing, Volume 7: Array, Radar and Communications Engineering. 2017. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-811887-0.00007-9
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile