Dr Gil Tidhar
Currently the Lead of Industry Engagement and Innovation Program. Gil has over 30 years experience in research, development and commercialisation of advanced technologies - ranging from care and support solutions, through artificial intelligence and decision support systems, to advanced simulation technology. Responsible for the development of the industry engagement capability, Gil identifies, encourages, and leads the required change towards a valued and impactful research, teaching, and public engagement program and culture. Gil successfully founded and grew software and services businesses. In his role as Executive Director he has participated in all strategic and governance aspects of the business, leading to a successful sale to a multi-national. He retains an interest in academia and collaboration between research, government and commercial organisations. Gil is engaged in research and teaching of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Australian and international universities. He contributes, on a volunteer basis, to the leadership of community, sporting, and education organizations – supporting their management and governance. Gil is a certified company director (Australian Institute of Company Directors), has a PhD in Computer Science and Software Engineer (University of Melbourne), an MSc in Computer Science (Hebrew University), and a BSc in Mathematics (Hebrew University).
- Acay DL, Sonenberg E, Tidhar G. Formalizing tool use in intelligent environments. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s12652-018-0755-x
- Gray K, Clarke K, Kwong ML, Alzougool BM, Hines C, Tidhar G, Frukhtman F. Erratum: Internet protocol television for personalized home-based health information: Design-based research on a diabetes education system. (Journal of Medical Internet Research 2014;3(1):(e16) ) doi:10.2196/resprot.3404.. Journal of Medical Internet Research. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2014, Vol. 16, Issue 3. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3404
- Gray K, Clarke K, Kwong ML, Alzougool BM, Hines C, Tidhar G, Frukhtman F. Internet Protocol Television for Personalized Home-Based Health Information: Design-Based Research on a Diabetes Education System. JMIR Research Protocols. University of Toronto. 2014, Vol. 3, Issue 1. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3201
- Sheeran L, Milne D, Holmes M, Tidhar G, Aranda S. Developing a patient-led cancer care website, ‘CanCare’: what do end users want?. Journal of Research in Nursing. Sage Publications. 2012, Vol. 17, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1177/1744987112460389
- Clarke K, McCullough M, Leins K, Tidhar G, Farmer D. The role of IPTV in education. Telecommunications Journal of Australia. Telecommunications Society of Australia. 2012, Vol. 62, Issue 5. DOI: 10.7790/tja.v62i5.354
- Milne D, Sheeran L, Holmes M, Tidhar G, Aranda S. Trialling a patient-led cancer care website in an acute cancer care setting. Journal of Research in Nursing. Sage Publications. 2012, Vol. 17, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1177/1744987112458668
- Davis H, Scheepers R, Hagger V, Howard S, Scibilia R, Sonenberg E, Tidhar G. Smartpumps: A Negotiated Relative Advantage?. OzCHI 2010. Queensland University of Technology. 2010.
- Acay LD, Tidhar G, Sonenberg E. Extending agent capabilities: Tools vs. Agents. 2008 IEEEWIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology. IEEE Computer Society. 2008.
- Tidhar G, Sonenberg E. Organized distributed systems (extended abstract). 7th International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS 2000). Springer Verlag. 2000, Vol. 1901. Editors: Etzion O, Scheuermann P.
- Tidhar G, Heinze C, Goss S, Murray G, Appla D, Lloyd I. Using intelligent agents in military simulation or "using agents intelligently". 16th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-99)/11th Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence (IAAI-99). 1999.
- Tidhar G, Heinze C, Selvestrel M. Flying together: Modelling air mission teams. APPLIED INTELLIGENCE. Springer. 1998, Vol. 8, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1023/A:1008271016283
- Tidhar G, Sonenberg EA, Rao AS. On team knowledge and common knowledge. 3rd International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS'98). IEEE Computer Society. 1998. DOI: 10.1109/ICMAS.1998.699072
- Cavedon L, Rao A, Sonenberg E, Tidhar G. Teamwork via team plans in intelligent autonomous agent systems. International Conference on Worldwide Computing and Its Applications (WWCA 97). Springer Verlag. 1997, Vol. 1274. Editors: Masuda T, Masunaga Y, Tsukamoto M.
- Tidhar G, Rao A, Sonenberg L. Guided Team Selection. Proceedings of the International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS). 1996.
- Cavedon L, Rao AS, Tidhar G. Social and Individual Commitment. Intelligent Agent Systems, Theoretical and Practical Issues, Based on a Workshop Held at PRICAI’96, Cairns, Australia, August 26-30, 1996. Springer. 1996, Vol. 1209. Editors: Cavedon L, Rao AS, Wobcke W. DOI: 10.1007/3-540-62686-7_34
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile