Dr Christoph Breidbach
- Digital Transformation (Augmented Reality, Big data, Fintech, Sharing Economy)
- Service Science (Service Innovation and Design, Smart Service Systems)
- Service-dominant logic and value cocreation
I am a service scientist. My interdisciplinary research agenda focuses on exploring the digital transformation of service ecosystems. Drawing on marketing and information systems research, I study the triad of organizations, technology and people in the context of professional and financial service firms, as well as the sharing economy. My teaching at The University of Melbourne focuses on emerging technologies, as well as service innovation management. I engage and collaborate extensively with industry partners from professional services, retail, and technology/startups in Australia and abroad.
- Huetten ASJ, Antons D, Breidbach C, Piening EP, Salge TO. The impact of occupational stereotypes in human-centered service systems. JOURNAL OF SERVICE MANAGEMENT. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2019, Vol. 30, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1108/JOSM-12-2016-0324
- Antons D, Breidbach C. Big Data, Big Insights? Advancing Service Innovation and Design With Machine Learning. JOURNAL OF SERVICE RESEARCH. Sage Publications. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1177/1094670517738373
- Kostakos P, Pandya A, Oussalah M, Hosio S, Sattari A, Kostakos V, Van Berkel N, Breidbach C, Kyriakouli O. Correlating Refugee Border Crossings with Internet Search Data. 2018 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INFORMATION REUSE AND INTEGRATION (IRI). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/IRI.2018.00048
- Breidbach C, Ranjan S. How do Fintech Service Platforms Facilitate Value Co-Creation? An Analysis of Twitter Data. 38th International Conference on Information Systems: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation, ICIS 2017. 2018.
- Ramadani L, Kurnia S, Breidbach C. In Search for Holistic ICT4D Research: A Systematic Literature Review. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2018. DOI: 10.24251/hicss.2018.304
- Breidbach C, Choi S, Ellway B, Keating BW, Kormusheva K, Kowalkowski C, Lim C, Maglio P. Operating without operations: how is technology changing the role of the firm?. JOURNAL OF SERVICE MANAGEMENT. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2018, Vol. 29, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1108/JOSM-05-2018-0127
- Brust L, Antons D, Breidbach C, Salge TO. Service-Dominant Logic and Information Systems Research: A Review and Analysis Using Topic Modeling. 38th International Conference on Information Systems: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation, ICIS 2017. 2018.
- Ramadani L, Kurnia S, Breidbach C. Advancing ICT4D Research through Service-Dominant Logic. ACIS2017 Conference Proceedings. Australasian Conference on Information Systems ACIS. 2017.
- Breidbach C, Brodie RJ. Engagement platforms in the sharing economy Conceptual foundations and research directions. JOURNAL OF SERVICE THEORY AND PRACTICE. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1108/JSTP-04-2016-0071
- Asadi Someh I, Breidbach C, Davern M, Shanks G. Ethical implications of big data analytics. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Breidbach C, Brodie RJ. Nature and Purpose of Engagement Platforms. Customer Engagement: Contemporary Issues and Challenges. Routledge. 2016. Editors: Brodie RJ, Hollebeek LD, Conduit J.
- Breidbach C, Antons D, Salge TO. Seamless Service? On the Role and Impact of Service Orchestrators in Human-Centered Service Systems. JOURNAL OF SERVICE RESEARCH. Sage Publications. 2016, Vol. 19, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1177/1094670516666370
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. Technology-enabled value co-creation: An empirical analysis of actors, resources, and practices. INDUSTRIAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 56. DOI: 10.1016/j.indmarman.2016.03.011
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. A Service Science Perspective on the Role of ICT in Service Innovation. 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2015.
- Breidbach C, Reefke H, Wood LC. Investigating the formation of service supply chains. SERVICE INDUSTRIES JOURNAL. Routledge. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 1-2. DOI: 10.1080/02642069.2014.979404
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile