Dr Christoph Breidbach
- Digital Transformation (Augmented Reality, Big data, Fintech, Sharing Economy)
- Service Science (Service Innovation and Design, Smart Service Systems)
- Service-dominant logic and value cocreation
I am a service scientist. My interdisciplinary research agenda focuses on exploring the digital transformation of service ecosystems. Drawing on marketing and information systems research, I study the triad of organizations, technology and people in the context of professional and financial service firms, as well as the sharing economy. My teaching at The University of Melbourne focuses on emerging technologies, as well as service innovation management. I engage and collaborate extensively with industry partners from professional services, retail, and technology/startups in Australia and abroad.
- Antons D, Breidbach C. Big Data, Big Insights? Advancing Service Innovation and Design With Machine Learning. JOURNAL OF SERVICE RESEARCH. Sage Publications. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1177/1094670517738373
- Breidbach C, Ranjan S. How do Fintech Service Platforms Facilitate Value Co-Creation? An Analysis of Twitter Data. 38th International Conference on Information Systems: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation, ICIS 2017. 2018.
- Brust L, Antons D, Breidbach C, Salge TO. Service-Dominant Logic and Information Systems Research: A Review and Analysis Using Topic Modeling. 38th International Conference on Information Systems: Transforming Society with Digital Innovation, ICIS 2017. 2018.
- Ramadani L, Kurnia S, Breidbach C. Advancing ICT4D Research through Service-Dominant Logic. ACIS2017 Conference Proceedings. Australasian Conference on Information Systems ACIS. 2017.
- Breidbach C, Brodie RJ. Engagement platforms in the sharing economy Conceptual foundations and research directions. JOURNAL OF SERVICE THEORY AND PRACTICE. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1108/JSTP-04-2016-0071
- Asadi Someh I, Breidbach C, Davern M, Shanks G. Ethical implications of big data analytics. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Breidbach C, Brodie RJ. Nature and Purpose of Engagement Platforms. Customer Engagement: Contemporary Issues and Challenges. Routledge. 2016. Editors: Brodie RJ, Hollebeek LD, Conduit J.
- Breidbach C, Antons D, Salge TO. Seamless Service? On the Role and Impact of Service Orchestrators in Human-Centered Service Systems. JOURNAL OF SERVICE RESEARCH. Sage Publications. 2016, Vol. 19, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1177/1094670516666370
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. Technology-enabled value co-creation: An empirical analysis of actors, resources, and practices. INDUSTRIAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 56. DOI: 10.1016/j.indmarman.2016.03.011
- Breidbach C, Maglio PP. A Service Science Perspective on the Role of ICT in Service Innovation. 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2015.
- Breidbach C, Reefke H, Wood LC. Investigating the formation of service supply chains. SERVICE INDUSTRIES JOURNAL. Routledge. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 1-2. DOI: 10.1080/02642069.2014.979404
- Srinivasan A, Breidbach C, Kolb DK. Service Science. Wiley Encyclopedia of Management. 2015. Editors: Straub DW, Welke R. DOI: 10.1002/9781118785317.weom070223
- Breidbach C, Chandler JD, Maglio PP. The Duality of Second Screens: A Phenomenological Study of Multi-Platform Engagement and Service Experiences. 2015 48TH HAWAII INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM SCIENCES (HICSS). IEEE Computer Society. 2015. Editors: Bui TX, Sprague RH. DOI: 10.1109/HICSS.2015.174
- Nothman J, Ahmad A, Breidbach C, Malet D, Baldwin T. Understanding Engagement with Insurgents through Retweet Rhetoric. Australasian Language Technology Association Workshop 2015. 2015. Editors: Hachey B, Webster K.
- Breidbach C, Brodie R, Hollebeck L. Beyond Virtuality: from engagement platforms to engagement ecosystems. Managing Service Quality. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2014, Vol. 24, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1108/MSQ-08-2013-0158
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile