Dr Artem Polyvyanyy
- Computation Theory
- Computation Theory
- Distributed Computing (Distributed Systems)
- Distributed Computing (Petri Nets)
- Information Systems (Business Intelligence)
- Information Systems (Business Process Management)
- Information Systems (Decision Support Systems)
- Information Systems (Process Mining)
- Software Engineering (Process Querying)
Dr. Artem Polyvyanyy is a senior lecturer at the School of Computing and Information Systems, Melbourne School of Engineering, at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. He has a strong background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Business Process Management from the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Kyiv, Ukraine, and the Hasso Plattner Institute, Potsdam, Germany. In March 2012, he received a Ph.D. degree (Dr. rer. nat.) in the scientific discipline of Practical Computer Science from the University of Potsdam, Germany. Artem's industry experience includes internships at Wincor-Nixdorf GmbH in Hamburg, Germany, and SAP Labs in Palo Alto, CA, USA. His research and teaching interests include Distributed and Parallel Systems, Automata Theory, Formal Methods, Information Systems, Software Engineering, and Workflow Management. More recently, he has conducted research on the fundamentals of process analysis, the foundations of behavior abstraction in concurrent systems, and querying of process model repositories.
- Polyvyanyy A, Pika A, Wynn MT, Ter Hofstede AHM. A systematic approach for discovering causal dependencies between observations and incidents in the health and safety domain. Safety Science. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 118. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2019.04.045
- Van Der Werf JMEM, Polyvyanyy A. An Assignment on Information System Modeling: On Teaching Data and Process Integration. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. 2019, Vol. 342. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-11641-5_44
- Polyvyanyy A, Van Der Werf JMEM, Overbeek S, Brouwers R. Information Systems Modeling: Language, Verification, and Tool Support. CAiSE 2019: Advanced Information Systems Engineering. Springer Verlag. 2019, Vol. 11483 LNCS. Editors: Giorgini P, Weber B. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-21290-2_13
- Polyvyanyy A, Van Der Werf JM, Overbeek S, Brouwers R. Information Systems Modeling: Language, Veriﬁcation, and Tool Support. International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering. Springer. 2019. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-21290-2
- Polyvyanyy A, Kalenkova A. Monotone Conformance Checking for Partially Matching Designed and Observed Processes. International Conference on Process Mining. IEEE. 2019.
- Burattin A, Polyvyanyy A, Van Zelst SJ. Preface. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2019, Vol. 2374.
- Leno V, Polyvyanyy A, La Rosa M, Dumas M, Maggi F. Robotic Process Mining: Vision and Challenges. Business and Information Systems Engineering. Springer Verlag. 2019.
- Augusto A, Conforti R, Dumas M, La Rosa M, Polyvyanyy A. Split miner: automated discovery of accurate and simple business process models from event logs. KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Springer London. 2019, Vol. 59, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s10115-018-1214-x
- Polyvyanyy A, Solti A, Weidlich M, Di Ciccio C, Mendling J. Behavioural Quotients for Precision and Recall in Process Mining. Behavioural Quotients for Precision and Recall in Process Mining. 2018.
- Polyvyanyy A. Business Process Querying. Encyclopedia of Big Data Technologies. SpringerLink. 2018. Editors: Sakr S, Zomaya AY. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-63962-8_108-1
- De Alwis AAC, Barros A, Fidge C, Polyvyanyy A. Discovering microservices in enterprise systems using a business object containment heuristic. Confederated International Conferences: CoopIS, C&TC, and ODBASE 2018 Valletta, Malta, October 22–26, 2018 Proceedings, Part II. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11230 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-02671-4_4
- De Alwis AAC, Barros A, Polyvyanyy A, Fidge C. Function-splitting heuristics for discovery of microservices in enterprise systems. 16th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11236 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-03596-9_3
- Polyvyanyy A, Suermeli J, Weidlich M. Interleaving isotactics - An equivalence notion on behaviour abstractions. THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 737. DOI: 10.1016/j.tcs.2018.01.005
- Poll R, Polyvyanyy A, Rosemann M, RÖglinger M, Rupprecht L. Process forecasting: Towards proactive business process management. 16th International Conference on Business Process Management. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 11080 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-98648-7_29
- Nolte A, Brown R, Anslow C, Wiechers M, Polyvyanyy A, Herrmann T. Collaborative business process modeling in multi-surface environments. Collaboration Meets Interactive Spaces. 2017. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-45853-3_12
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile