Dr Artem Polyvyanyy
- Computation Theory
- Computation Theory
- Distributed Computing (Distributed Systems)
- Distributed Computing (Petri Nets)
- Information Systems (Business Intelligence)
- Information Systems (Business Process Management)
- Information Systems (Decision Support Systems)
- Information Systems (Process Mining)
- Software Engineering (Process Querying)
Dr. Artem Polyvyanyy is a senior lecturer at the School of Computing and Information Systems, Melbourne School of Engineering, at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. He has a strong background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Business Process Management from the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Kyiv, Ukraine, and the Hasso Plattner Institute, Potsdam, Germany. In March 2012, he received a Ph.D. degree (Dr. rer. nat.) in the scientific discipline of Practical Computer Science from the University of Potsdam, Germany. Artem's industry experience includes internships at Wincor-Nixdorf GmbH in Hamburg, Germany, and SAP Labs in Palo Alto, CA, USA. His research and teaching interests include Distributed and Parallel Systems, Automata Theory, Formal Methods, Information Systems, Software Engineering, and Workflow Management. More recently, he has conducted research on the fundamentals of process analysis, the foundations of behavior abstraction in concurrent systems, and querying of process model repositories.
- Polyvyanyy A, SÜrmeli J, Weidlich M. Interleaving isotactics – An equivalence notion on behaviour abstractions. Theoretical Computer Science. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 737. DOI: 10.1016/j.tcs.2018.01.005
- Augusto A, Conforti R, Dumas M, La Rosa M, Polyvyanyy A. Split miner: automated discovery of accurate and simple business process models from event logs. Knowledge and Information Systems. Springer London. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s10115-018-1214-x
- Nolte A, Brown R, Anslow C, Wiechers M, Polyvyanyy A, Herrmann T. Collaborative business process modeling in multi-surface environments. Collaboration Meets Interactive Spaces. 2017. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-45853-3_12
- Polyvyanyy A, Van Der Aalst WMP, Ter Hofstede AHM, Wynn MT. Impact-Driven Process Model Repair. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND METHODOLOGY. Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1145/2980764
- Polyvyanyy A, Ouyang C, Barros A, Van Der Aalst WMP. Process querying: Enabling business intelligence through query-based process analytics. DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 100. DOI: 10.1016/j.dss.2017.04.011
- Polyvyanyy A, Armas-Cervantes A, Dumas M, Garcia-Banuelos L. On the expressive power of behavioral profiles. FORMAL ASPECTS OF COMPUTING. Springer London. 2016, Vol. 28, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s00165-016-0372-4
- Armas-Cervantes A, Dumas M, GarcÍa-BaÑuelos L, Polyvyanyy A. On the suitability of generalized behavioral profiles for process model comparison. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9421. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-33612-1_2
- Leopold H, Mendling J, Polyvyanyy A. Supporting process model validation through natural language generation. Lecture Notes in Informatics (LNI), Proceedings - Series of the Gesellschaft fur Informatik (GI). 2016, Vol. P252.
- Polyvyanyy A, Smirnov S, Weske M. Business process model abstraction. Handbook on Business Process Management 1: Introduction, Methods, and Information Systems. 2015. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-45100-3_7
- Polyvyanyy A, Corno L, Conforti R, Raboczi S, La Rosa M, Fortino G. Process querying in apromore. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2015, Vol. 1418.
- Polyvyanyy A, La Rosa M, Ouyang C, Ter Hofstede AHM. Untanglings: a novel approach to analyzing concurrent systems. FORMAL ASPECTS OF COMPUTING. Springer London. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 5-6. DOI: 10.1007/s00165-014-0329-4
- Polyvyanyy A, La Rosa M, Ter Hofstede AHM. Indexing and Efficient Instance-Based Retrieval of Process Models Using Untanglings. 26th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE). Springer Verlag. 2014, Vol. 8484. Editors: Jarke M, Mylopoulos J, Quix C, Rolland C, Manolopoulos Y, Mouratidis H, Horkoff J.
- Polyvyanyy A, Garcia-Banuelos L, Fahland D, Weske M. Maximal Structuring of Acyclic Process Models. COMPUTER JOURNAL. Oxford University Press. 2014, Vol. 57, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1093/comjnl/bxs126
- Leopold H, Mendling J, Polyvyanyy A. Supporting Process Model Validation through Natural Language Generation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SOFTWARE ENGINEERING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 40, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1109/TSE.2014.2327044
- Polyvyanyy A, Weidlich M, Conforti R, La Rosa M, Ter Hofstede AHM. The 4C spectrum of fundamental behavioral relations for concurrent systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2014, Vol. 8489 LNCS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-07734-5_12
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile