Professor Udaya Parampalli
- Network Security and Cryptography, Sequences, Coding theory (Secure protocols,)
Dr Udaya Parampalli was born in the Udupi district of Karnataka, India. He received the BEng degree from Mysore University in 1985 and the MTech and PhD degrees from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T), Kanpur, in 1986 and 1993, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. He was a research scholar at I.I.T, Kanpur from 1985 to 1991. From 1992 to July 1996, he was a Member Research Staff at Central Research Laboratory, Bangalore. From 1997 to 2002, he was an ARC Research Associate at the Department of Mathematics, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
He joined the University of Melbourne, in February 2000, where he is currently a Professor in School of Computing and Information Systems. In 2008, he was a visiting professor at Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Canada.
His research activity is marked by more than 150 peer-reviewed publications in major refereed conferences and journals with a strong research focus on pseudo-random sequences, network security, cryptography, and cybersecurity. He has supervised several Research Higher Degree students. He actively participates in curriculum design and has led the School through accreditation of its degrees. He has engaged at a senior level with conference activities and is a reviewer for several international journals and conferences in sequences and cryptography research.
His current research interests include Cybersecurity, coding theory, cryptography, and applications of sequences in information hiding and communications.
- Mohan, LJ.; Rajawat, K.; Parampalli, U.; Harwood, A. Optimal placement for repair-efficient erasure codes in geo-diverse storage centres. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. Elsevier BV. 2020, Vol. 135, pp. 101-113. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpdc.2019.08.010
- Yang, R.; Murray, T.; Rimba, P.; Parampalli, U. Empirically Analyzing Ethereum's Gas Mechanism. 2019 IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy Workshops (EuroS&PW). IEEE. 2019, pp. 310-319. DOI: 10.1109/EuroSPW.2019.00041
- Huang, K.; Parampalli, U.; Xian, M. Improved Upper Bounds on Systematic-Length for Linear Minimum Storage Regenerating Codes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC. 2019, Vol. 65, Issue 2, pp. 975-984. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2018.2880239
- Eze, P.; Parampalli, U.; Evans, R.; Liu, D. Integrity verification in medical image retrieval systems using spread spectrum steganography. Proceedings of the 2019 on International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval - ICMR '19. ACM. 2019, pp. 53-57. DOI: 10.1145/3323873.3325020
- Skaria, S.; Al-hourani, A.; J Evans, R.; Sithamparanathan, K.; Parampalli, U. Interference Mitigation in Automotive Radars Using Pseudo-Random Cyclic Orthogonal Sequences.. Sensors. MDPI AG. 2019, Vol. 19, Issue 20, pp. 4459-4459. DOI: 10.3390/s19204459
- Das, S.; Parampalli, U.; Majhi, S.; Liu, Z. Near-Optimal Zero Correlation Zone Sequence Sets from Paraunitary Matrices. Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INFORMATION THEORY (ISIT). IEEE. 2019, Vol. 2019-July, pp. 2284-2288. DOI: 10.1109/ISIT.2019.8849641
- Tan, P.; Zhou, Z.; Yan, H.; Parampalli, U. Optimal Cyclic Locally Repairable Codes via Cyclotomic Polynomials. IEEE Communications Letters. IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC. 2019, Vol. 23, Issue 2, pp. 202-205. DOI: 10.1109/LCOMM.2018.2882849
- Wu, W.; Parampalli, U.; Liu, J.; Xian, M. Privacy preserving k-nearest neighbor classification over encrypted database in outsourced cloud environments. World Wide Web. SPRINGER. 2019, Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp. 101-123. DOI: 10.1007/s11280-018-0539-4
- Zhou, Z.; Helleseth, T.; Parampalli, U. A Family of Polyphase Sequences With Asymptotically Optimal Correlation. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC. 2018, Vol. 64, Issue 4, pp. 2896-2900. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2018.2796597
- Luo, R.; Parampalli, U. Cyclic codes over M-2(F-2 + uF(2)). Cryptography and Communications. SPRINGER. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 6, pp. 1109-1117. DOI: 10.1007/s12095-017-0266-1
- Mohan, LJ.; Caneleo, PIS.; Parampalli, U.; Harwood, A. Geo-aware erasure coding for high-performance erasure-coded storage clusters. Annals of Telecommunications. SPRINGER INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING AG. 2018, Vol. 73, Issue 1-2, pp. 139-152. DOI: 10.1007/s12243-017-0623-2
- Yao, G.; Parampalli, U. Improve Sprout cipher to resist the divide and conquer based key recovery attack. Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference on - ACSW '18. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2018. DOI: 10.1145/3167918.3167968
- Lu, Y.; Sinnott, RO.; Verspoor, K.; Parampalli, U. Privacy-Preserving Access Control in Electronic Health Record Linkage. 2018 17th IEEE International Conference On Trust, Security And Privacy In Computing And Communications/ 12th IEEE International Conference On Big Data Science And Engineering (TrustCom/BigDataSE). IEEE Explore. 2018, pp. 1079-1090. DOI: 10.1109/TrustCom/BigDataSE.2018.00151
- Liu, Z.; Guan, YL.; Parampalli, U.; Hu, S. Spectrally-Constrained Sequences: Bounds and Constructions. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC. 2018, Vol. 64, Issue 4, pp. 2571-2582. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2018.2800012
- Eze, PU.; Parampalli, U.; Evans, RJ.; Liu, D. Spread Spectrum Steganographic Capacity Improvement for Medical Image Security in Teleradiology.. 2018 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC). IEEE. 2018, Vol. 2018, pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.1109/EMBC.2018.8512344
- Luo, R.; Parampalli, U. *Self-Dual Cyclic Codes over Z(4) + uZ(4). IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences. IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG. 2017, Vol. E100A, Issue 4, pp. 969-974. DOI: 10.1587/transfun.E100.A.969
- Peter, EU.; Parampalli, U.; Uchechi, IC.; Nnaemeka, O. Challenges and Prospects of Blind Spread Spectrum Medical Image Watermarking. 2017 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Electro-Technology for National Development (NIGERCON). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2018-January, pp. 10-18. DOI: 10.1109/NIGERCON.2017.8281873
- Han, H.; Peng, D.; Parampalli, U.; Ma, Z.; Liang, H. Construction of low-hit-zone frequency hopping sequences with optimal partial Hamming correlation by interleaving techniques. Designs, Codes and Cryptography. SPRINGER. 2017, Vol. 84, Issue 3, pp. 401-414. DOI: 10.1007/s10623-016-0274-8
- Al-hourani, A.; Evans, RJ.; Moran, B.; Kandeepan, S.; Parampalli, U. Efficient Range-Doppler Processing for Random Stepped Frequency Radar in Automotive Applications. 2017 IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-June. DOI: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2017.8108414
- Al-hourani, A.; Evans, RJ.; Farrell, PM.; Moran, B.; Martorella, M.; Kandeepan, S.; Skafidas, S.; Parampalli, U. Millimeter-wave integrated radar systems and techniques. . Elsevier. 2017, pp. 317-363. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-811887-0.00007-9
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile